Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Apr 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2682173)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should I stay or should I go?

So, (sadly?) which teams won't be around for 2011?
Old 30 Apr 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2682194)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
USF1.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 Apr 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2682203)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmfao that's funny

HRT i'd be quite surprised, but I hope they do stay about.

Selby
Old 30 Apr 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2682237)   #4
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sauber. at least not in their current incarnation. maybe HRT as well.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2682251)   #5
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
sauber. at least not in their current incarnation...
You might be right, and that makes me sad.

After all the good stuff that Peter Sauber has done for his team and F1, he deserves much better than to have his cars running the track with everything but "This Space for Rent" signs on the sidepods.

What is with these sponsors? Peter Sauber and his team are all class, and perennial F1 favorites. The sponsors could do a lot worse with their ad budgets.

I hope that he can finish the season, and that something good will happen for him in the offseason, if not long before.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2682264)   #6
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
+1
Old 30 Apr 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2682273)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost Hispania or Sauber, or if Renault was under a new name next year (either Gravity Renault or possibly Lada?). Red Bull keep on talking about selling Toro Rosso but that never happens.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2682406)   #8
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bold prediction - HRT, Virgin & Lotus will all be on the grid for the start of 2011 (maybe not under the same name, but the same team will be there).

Sauber remind me of Prost's last season - did testing underweight to attract sponsors, sponsors didn't buy it & the team got found out once racing started.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2682410)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm pretty certain Lotus will be there and I have a hunch (or maybe it's just a wish) that HRT will make it through as well. For some reason I have doubts about Virgin. Too much seems to going wrong, but maybe the 'new' car will make everything good.
Old 1 May 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2682591)   #10
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Virgin will pull out, atleast on their own account. I really hope not, but I could see HRT and Sauber going. Lotus seems to be in it for atleast a few years to see if they start getting results again. Renault could possibly be sold, but so far this season they are doing pretty weel, so they stay on track and I don't think so. Wish USF1 was given another chance, maybe if they can show the FIA they have the proper funding to go at it? That won't happen though, and they have seemed to spoil it for any other US prospects.
Old 1 May 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2682594)   #11
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind of all new teams were gone by the start of next year's season. So far they didn't really add something to the sport.
Old 1 May 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2682651)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
I wouldn't mind of all new teams were gone by the start of next year's season. So far they didn't really add something to the sport.
Give them a chance!

I think that the tussle at the back of the grid is quite interesting and it won't be too long before some of the more established teams are going to have to start looking over their shoulders.
Old 1 May 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2682873)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah give them time, and mostly important, time to test their cars !
Old 2 May 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2682979)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's by The Clash, off their penultimate album 'Combat Rock'.
Old 4 May 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2684150)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think renault will stick with the existing branding with the f1 team. it works too well in the context of the world series by renault for example for them to have a f1 car, they seem to have been the only manufacturer to have really embraced the benefits of f1 for their road cars and marketing in recent time.

what's preventing say, sauber and hrt merging? i can't see virgin or lotus considering something like that because they both have strong images, but wouldn't it make sense in these times for a couple of teams with different strengths to combine forces?
Old 4 May 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2684181)   #16
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's hoping that Sauber, my favourite team, can get some decent results rather sooner than later to help them secure sponsorship for next season. Most likely, they are racing on BMW money at this point in time.

HRT might stay for next season, and I hope they do, but most likely, they won't have Dallara cars then. Might they get Lolas or an upgrade of this year's Toyota for next year? It's too early to tell.

Virgin is just the holder of the name rights to Manor Grand Prix. Financially, the team look OK from the outside, so even if Virgin decide to sell the name rights to a different entity, they could keep going. Yet, if they want to stay together with Wirth Research remains to be seen after the fuel tank debacle they went through.

Force 1ndia finally need to send in their papers to the British tax authorities, don't they?
Old 4 May 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2684229)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT unlikely to keep in, unless they find an unlikely sponsor; Virgin to keep if mr Branson goes on spending money on the team
Old 4 May 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2684236)   #18
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It's certainly been a baptism of fire for Virgin, hasn't it? I couldn't help but feel Wirth will be disappointed thus far. He seemed one of the most confident and upbeat in pre-season, yet everything seems to have gone wrong for them so far.

Sauber's hopes really seem to be relying on James Key. He has a good track record, but is it good enough to turn this team around? The car when it's light seemed to fundamentally have the speed (according to pre-season testing), it's just up to James and the rest of the team to try and unlock it (please forgive the 'key' pun..).

Selby
Old 4 May 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2684238)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Force 1ndia finally need to send in their papers to the British tax authorities, don't they?
They've done that.
Old 4 May 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2684346)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't see HRT being on the grid next year, or at least not in its current guise. They presumably haven't got the capability/facilities to build their own car, but also haven't got the money to buy something better than what they've got from Dallara, which they've said they're disappointed with. Perhaps another change of ownership for them?

I'm asking questions about Virgin as well - I don't think it's going as well for them as they thought it would. Their car isn't always the quickest of the new teams, and it's also the least reliable. The fuel tank fiasco is the icing on the cake. If they don't start taking some steps forward in the next few races, I could imagine that Beardie Branson will be thinking twice about whether he wants to keep investing.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 May 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2684537)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with you about the 2 teams, but I still believe that whole FIA's plan was ill conceived and there's little hope for other teams if the situation stay as it is now.