Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2000, 23:33 (Ref:26266)   #1
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
e.i.:

"Michael will just carry on until something happens and there is an accident. But I believe what goes around, comes around. At the end of the day Michael will pay somewhere down the line."

really eddie, you are becoming more annoying then elton john. why don't you just admit you'd rather be a rock star then wcd.

blabber on if you must, but you will never.....ever....
be better than hisself.
Old 27 Jul 2000, 23:53 (Ref:26276)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the other hand, Prost said for five years that Senna was crazy, and everyone accused him of being a crybaby. Five years after his death, people are starting to admit that maybe the man who worked most closely with him might just have had a point to make.

Eddie may be a loudmouthed lout, but he has worked much more closely with TGF than you have. Maybe, just maybe, he's got a point to make too.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 00:36 (Ref:26295)   #3
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know in which context he said that, but he may be right.
Although I always wonder why Eddie is saying the things he says.
He's worked with Schumacher for a couple of years and I think he knows him very well.
And about being a rockstar? Take a good look at Eddie at Sunday's German Grand Prix.
He's now a blondie.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 01:16 (Ref:26312)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it worked for Jacques! No more questions: "Why are you so slow, why is your car in the dirt, etc." Now it's "Why is your hair that colour?"

Eddie has been paying attention...or perhaps there are a few silver locks among the brown?
Old 28 Jul 2000, 09:06 (Ref:26375)   #5
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie should remember that it was that same crazy man that handed him the Malaysian GP a year ago. Michael is Michael. Love him or hate him he is not going to change.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 09:28 (Ref:26378)   #6
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well exactly. That was Eddie's point. Michael is Michael and he's not going to change. I believ he suffers from the same delusion as Senna did, and that is he really does believe that what he is doing is absolutely correct. So if he gets the backing of the likes of Charlie Whiting, Bernie, Max, Jean Todt et al there isn't the slightest chance of him ever changing his ways.
Question is, when the inevitable startline crash occurs because of somebody cutting accross the front of somebody else will these people put their hand in the air and say "oops...my fault.." or will they castigate the person cutting accross (if its not MS) or whoever slams into the back of MS.
P.S - I know Eddie mouths off far too often, but he is making a serious point on this occasion, a matter of safety.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 09:37 (Ref:26379)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Having been the humble subservient Schu Shine boy for a couple of years, Eddie has had the oportunity to experience the ways of our superstar MS, and he is finally venting his frustrations and in doing so, his first hand observations at the manner that his master used to operate. Perhaps we can look into what Eddie is saying and try to underdstand what he is really telling us.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 11:00 (Ref:26414)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...but why should Schumi change? Are drivers no longer allowed to compete for position? Should he have just let Coulthard past? Err... NO!! This is motor RACING! RACING!! DO YOU SEE!! You RACE one another. In cars. RACE cars.... oh I give up.....!!!

STOP BEING SO BORING AND MOANING ALL THE TIME YOU BORING BORING PEOPLE WHO DIS SCHUMI FOR NO APPARENT REASON!! YOU'LL BE SAYING WHAT HE DID IN AUSTRIA WAS "DANGEROUS" NEXT!! OH COME ON!!!

Although, that being said, I think Eddie is just stirring the s h i t. Nice one!
Old 28 Jul 2000, 11:49 (Ref:26428)   #9
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see if there is a topic - any topic - that our dear Eddie does not have an opinion on!! I honestly don't think it would be possible, however...
Old 28 Jul 2000, 12:46 (Ref:26446)   #10
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tristan, there are alot of us boring, boring hypocrites around I see. Nobody denies MS is talented, nobody wants to see dull processional races. Lets take an example of bike racing - if one rider is alongside another and the rider who is being overtaken throws out an arm and pushes the other rider I don't think anyone would argue that it would be an outrageous move. Now I know thats completely ridiculous, but the point is there is a line that can be crossed between fair and unfair racing tactics. I personally believe MS has regularly crossed that line and that is what upsets me, and what upsets the other drivers who have to race against him.
As far as thinking what he did in Austria was dangerous, well I don't know how low a value you put on the well-being of track marshalls, but I bet they were a bit ****ed off with finding another car parked on the track which they had to remove.
Old 28 Jul 2000, 13:28 (Ref:26455)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Senna and TGF are two chips off the same block in terms of their attitude towards this. Senna knew he was the best driver of his time, just as TGF knows that he is the best of the current drivers. And their attitude of always believing they're doing what is correct is the same. I think it must be very frustrating for TGF to know he is the best, and still not having won the WDC since 95. He feels, just as Senna did, that it is his right as the best driver to be WDC, and I think that is the reason why we see him drive the way he is driving now. He wants that 2000 title badly, and he's going to do whatever it takes to get it. Especially now, when DC and Mika are catching up in the points. We're in for a thrill, as they say...
Old 29 Jul 2000, 02:00 (Ref:26584)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Senna believed he was invincible. He was wrong. So is TGF.
I guess that "scare" he got when he broke his leg didn't stay with him long, did it? Too bad Mikey Andretti isn't still in F1. Talk about Barge Boards.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 08:13 (Ref:26597)   #13
Cameron
Rookie

Cameron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As to the general thread, only time will tell. I for one hope that those like me who feel the invisible line is being crossed are wrong. 'Cos if we aren't it will be too late and no real enthusiast would wish to see the carnage, particularly at a start with full fuel loads, obscured visibility and packed grandstands.

Rememver how lucky we were with spa and the debris that ocucred.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 12:26 (Ref:26615)   #14
Liz
Veteran

We'll find out tomorrow, when TGF tries to cut across the field and 22 guys say "Not this weekend, Mein Herr ... "

I hate the acrimony in public - it makes people think they have to do things they might think rationally about if they hadn't shot off their mouths in public.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 17:25 (Ref:26986)   #15
jb
Rookie

jb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the peroxide fumes got to eddie's brain?
Old 30 Jul 2000, 19:33 (Ref:27018)   #16
Liz
Veteran

What did I say?

P.S. Brain? Eddie?