Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 23 Aug 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2748705)   #1
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reinhard Klein-Rally Cars.

Hello guys and girls,

Right I have a little bit of a dilemma, I'm looking to raise a little bit of cash as I'm hading back to uni in a few weeks. Having to pay my own tuition fees this year let's just say it's going to be tough financially so I'm getting rid of some stuff.

Now, I've had the book "Rally Cars" by Reinhard Klein for a long long time, the book is in very good condition, practically like new. Now I've seen these priced up rather ambitiously on Amazon, E-bay etc for anything from £100-£350. I've decided to part with the book, however I'm wondering if I should put it on E-bay or advertise it on Motorsport forums, collectors websites instead?

Also I'm curious as to why this book is commanding such a high price tag, were not many produced? or is it purely because it is such a good, informative read and a bible for rally fans when it comes to the cars?

Thought I would post this in here in case anyone can enlighten me.

Cheers,

dj.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2749254)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
74 views? surely someone can point me in the direction of motorsport book/collector forums?

Also would anyone in here be interested in buying it off me? I'm not entirely sure what the rules are as to selling items on here so mod's adjust thread as you see fit.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2749394)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got mine when it was out, cost me about 30 quid!!

Will never sell it as it is a bible and far too well thumbed now!!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2749412)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the yellow covered one? Great book and I got mine for £ 20

Would like the red covered one which was just called Rally.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2749509)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
I got this as a gift a loooong time ago, was about £30-£40. It's a cracking read, took a long time to get through all of it though as it's a massive book. The hardback part on mine is red, glossy cover with it had a Fiat Abarth 131 going though a watersplash on it.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2749689)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It,s one and the same I think guys, Mine has the Alitalia 131 on the front, and has several sections in it, one about servicing, quite a lot of stuff focusing on Prodrive and Subaru, one about tyres, one about one off specials like the Citroen DS19's Simca's etc?
Old 24 Aug 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2749745)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It,s one and the same I think guys, Mine has the Alitalia 131 on the front, and has several sections in it, one about servicing, quite a lot of stuff focusing on Prodrive and Subaru, one about tyres, one about one off specials like the Citroen DS19's Simca's etc?
You are correct, various sections the life of a works car focuses on the Prodrive Imprezas mainly. Then they go on about some of the more unique cars and obviously there are write ups, specs etc and lots of pictures of a huge number of rally cars. My favourite section was of course the Group B rally cars, in particular the Lancia 037 and Delta S4.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2749747)   #8
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow thought mine was a reach at $100 AUS but if it is an investment book then I feel much better about it!