Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Apr 2009, 04:21 (Ref:2446018)   #1
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Girl Racers

A new reality show starts on Sky TV in New Zealand Wednesday night.

Girl Racers!

Eight grid girls duke it out to determine who the fastest girl is on track. They drive Formula Challenge cars, V8s, rally cars, etc. and eliminate a girl every week. Should be interesting.

http://www.skytv.co.nz/girlracers

Apparently the episodes will be available via their website for those that don't live in New Zealand.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 05:00 (Ref:2446027)   #2
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw a preview for this.... keen to see how one of my friends goes in this
That said, it's not an intellectual program by any stretch of the imagination. Great for eye candy, and probably amusing to see how they handle the different motorsport disciplines
Old 21 Apr 2009, 05:45 (Ref:2446039)   #3
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hmmm i bet Emma Gilmour, Christina Orr, etc are loving this!
Old 21 Apr 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2446095)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cooooooooooooooooooool!!!!! my type of show.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2446695)   #5
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will then perform the 'grid duties' for them?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:11 (Ref:2446699)   #6
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah they do about 4 or 5 different displines including stock car, rally car, Touring type car (either ford or Holden hot laps car can't remember) and Formula challenge.

Should be OK but not worth staying home for.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2446705)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
By the look of it there could be some camel (toe) racing as well.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2446710)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I thought this might've been a more serious show with some ladies that have raced before, I was quite disappointed, that is until I saw the show's website..........
Old 22 Apr 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2447347)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the first episode online and it's not bad for a "reality" type show. There are few cuties on the show.

The lap times in the FC cars on track 2 at Taupo with a 1.44 as the fastest lap was They should be at a minimum twenty seconds quicker.

Well we'll see what happens next week.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2451058)   #10
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uk did it with formula woman years ago, quickest driver was thrown out and black flagged for no apparant reason, she was good then they got to "who do we want to win" etc
Old 3 May 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2454716)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Natasha Firman (sister of Ralph) win it? EDIT : No she didn't, she came second. The winner failed the google test.

You might be refering to an incident where someone got chucked out - the rules said that no one who previously held a racing licence would be allowed in. Then again it was 2004, and my memory of it was somewhat hazy.

EDIT : Or perhaps you were referring to Natasha Firman being black flagged?
Old 3 May 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2454733)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
The second episode was pretty good. This time they got some instruction at the Holden school at Pukehoke and seemed to be better. I'm glad Stu pointed out the hands and feet follow the eyes bit.
Old 3 May 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2454760)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I seem to remember the English TV program on this. And I believe one of the female contestants turned out to have had the "cut n tuck" allegedly
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2465073)   #14
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
By the look of it there could be some camel (toe) racing as well.
Very good. Good to see that Americans aren't the only ones making silly reality TV contests out of everything. I don't know wether that's good or bad, actually. Who cares? Hot chicks!!!!!!
Old 19 May 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2465128)   #15
John Robinson
Rookie

John Robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, you'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

I haven't had a TV for nearly 20 years. I'm reminded why.
Old 19 May 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2465172)   #16
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
I believe next week they will be at Rally Drive NZ which is a great school. That should be an interesting episode.

Actually the oval track episode was decent. Last weeks drifting was ok.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2751453)   #17
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This just reached us in UK via something called 'Extreme sports'-watching it now-their in to drag racing.Only the Australians could create this rubbish-where the contestants are clearly selected for their looks?Thankfully only one more episode.
Nothing like the Formula Woman of a few years ago.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2752956)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
This just reached us in UK via something called 'Extreme sports'-watching it now-their in to drag racing.Only the Australians could create this rubbish-where the contestants are clearly selected for their looks?Thankfully only one more episode.
Nothing like the Formula Woman of a few years ago.
Actually the Kiwis were responsible for this, not the Australians. I don't think the intent of the show was to be serious.