Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Nov 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2786772)   #1
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spaceframe RallyX Cars

I read in this months "Motorsport Now" magazine from the MSA that in the Blue Book and regulation changes section in the back that for autocross and rallycross:

It reads:
Rallyx cars: "Must have no body kits, spaceframing or alterations, fibreglass or alloy panels to make the car lighter?"

Does anyone know if this is correct?

If it is correct is it only for new build cars? and no new log books will be issued? How will this allow current and new cars to be competitive together?

How will this affect our Super Modified class?

Thoughts? Information?

Also i read that it is proposed to allow tracks with Joker laps fitted to be used for all National A Rallycross events

The above both proposed from January 2011.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2786893)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I saw that too - not sure which classes that applies to though? There was also something about the Juniors in there that suggested it may be opened up to other models - I can't remember the exact wording but it was something about retaining original drive (so fwd stays fwd, rwd stays rwd). Did anyone else see that?
Old 8 Nov 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2786996)   #3
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi S1 View Post
I read in this months "Motorsport Now" magazine from the MSA that in the Blue Book and regulation changes section in the back that for autocross and rallycross:

It reads:
Rallyx cars: "Must have no body kits, spaceframing or alterations, fibreglass or alloy panels to make the car lighter?"

Also i read that it is proposed to allow tracks with Joker laps fitted to be used for all National A Rallycross events

On the first point I know this to be the case with Autocross, but seems strange for rallycross could see it causing a few problems. As regards Joker Laps, please no! Hopefully the cost of adding them will discourage tracks from building them.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2787237)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It reads:

Does anyone know if this is correct?

If it is correct is it only for new build cars? and no new log books will be issued? How will this allow current and new cars to be competitive together?

How will this affect our Super Modified class?

Thoughts? Information?

Generally it governs all cars (current and new builds), i would imagine that if brought in there will be a grace period.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 10 Nov 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2788199)   #5
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
given its brought in you can say bye bye to 90% of the irish and british modifieds in rallycross . . . . .
Old 10 Nov 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2788211)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dozer View Post
given its brought in you can say bye bye to 90% of the irish and british modifieds in rallycross . . . . .
In the same way we said goodbye to the mini's in juniors ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2788240)   #7
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
well imagine if you had to get rid of all the spaceframe cars and all the fibreglass body cars there at the minute ? the coyne bros have no cars i have no cars ian o has no cars you would virtually wipe out all of the modifieds give or take 3 or 4 that are there at the minute . . . In my mind then you would end up with european based classes in which very few people at the minute can afford to either buy or run . . . . .
Old 10 Nov 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2788246)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
well imagine if you had to get rid of all the spaceframe cars and all the fibreglass body cars there at the minute ? the coyne bros have no cars i have no cars ian o has no cars you would virtually wipe out all of the modifieds give or take 3 or 4 that are there at the minute . . . In my mind then you would end up with european based classes in which very few people at the minute can afford to either buy or run . . . . .
Exactly, this is why its probably going to be on a phased basis.

Old 10 Nov 2010, 23:36 (Ref:2788338)   #9
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THERE IS NO PLAN TO EXCLUDE SPACEFRAME CARS IN THE IRISH CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 11 Nov 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2788349)   #10
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan View Post
THERE IS NO PLAN TO EXCLUDE SPACEFRAME CARS IN THE IRISH CHAMPIONSHIP
Exactly, Dozer just used the Irish as example. Its British Champ only.

Old 11 Nov 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2788437)   #11
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In my mind then you would end up with european based classes in which very few people at the minute can afford to either buy or run . . . . .
As you say it looks like they are going to try and move towards the Euro classes. Great shame if they get rid of the Super Mods as they are, one of the most interesting classes for me. From what I can tell it will increase costs as well. Presume the Super Mods will live on in the BTRDA classes though.
Old 11 Nov 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2788566)   #12
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If its a blue book change then surely it applies to all UK rallycross and not just a specific championship? (unless, say, it explicitly states that this regulation applies just to National A and above)

Quite apart from forcing a lot of cars into retirement it might make it difficult to have joint Irish championship meetings in the UK.

Can anyone clarify if this applies just to new cars or all cars? Or if it will be phased in or introduced in January?
Old 11 Nov 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2788587)   #13
RICKY_BOBBY
Rookie

RICKY_BOBBY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely no body kits or fibreglass panels is also going to halt most supercars, im sure the swifts have fibreglass panels as well (doors for sure), and the rx 150s are spaceframes?

are we certain this new rule is printed correctly (i really hope this is a big mistake!!)
Old 11 Nov 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2788636)   #14
rallyx73
Rookie

rallyx73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure that you are all getting excited about change with out consulting blue book. Rule change referrs to exact point 4.21.12 and the word "should "changed to "must " this rule was in 2010 blue book but as i read it only applies to junior autocross vehicles
i hope this is correct and all concerned people can see mistake
Old 15 Nov 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2791209)   #15
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
i hope your right rallyx73 as it would be a complete shame to see the supermods dissapear as they are . . . As they say if its not broke don't fix it . . . .

But if it did happen then i take it would mean that the irish supermods would not be able to race in england and if the british lads came over they might no longer be competitive with heavier cars . . . .
Old 16 Nov 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2791803)   #16
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It reads:
You mean the wording that applies to the junior autocross vehicle (page 221 of the MSA Blue book?)

Junior Autocross Vehicle
4.21. The only category of vehicle permitted in Junior
Autocross events are those complying with the
following:
4.21.1. Have a maximum engine capacity of 1400cc 8V.
4.21.2. Be production vehicles, front or rear wheel drive
with standard unmodified engine in original position.
4.21.3. Must run induction systems, inlet manifolds and
exhaust systems which are standard to the vehicle.
4.21.4. Performance air filters and exhaust back boxes
are permitted, but turbochargers or superchargers are
not.
4.21.5. The dashboard is to remain as standard and in
the original position.
4.21.6. Wheels must be standard production items
applicable to the vehicle.
4.21.7. Suspension is free but must use standard pick
up points and locations.
4.21.8. Standard gearbox and differential applicable to
the vehicle must be used.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2792343)   #17
Darren Wilcox
Rookie

Darren Wilcox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You beat me to it Andy, it is with regards to Junior cars not current, past, present or future rallycross cars just Juniors cars.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2797641)   #18
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Sorry lads i haven't been on here in a while . Thats good to finally clear that matter up as it made me kind of mad that they were going to start tinkering with the most popular and one of the most exciting classes in rallycross . . . .