Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 16 Nov 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2987308)   #1
pottsey
Rookie

pottsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
senna and mansell print (value)

my mate has acquired the print below
its a senna and mansell print from 1986 on spa track
can anyone throw ant light on its value ,or if its a rare pic,it looks to be number 64/500
thanks

Old 17 Nov 2011, 06:16 (Ref:2987547)   #2
pottsey
Rookie

pottsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anybody???
Old 17 Nov 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2987580)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's painted by Ten-Tenths member Andrew Kitson, I've also moved this thread to Art/Photography. I've an original commissioned painting from Andrew, his website is here.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2987608)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've answered your own question on rarity. It is one of 500.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2987659)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure it is an Andrew Kitson. I have two of his. An original painting in acrylic of my racing cars and a print of Lewis Hamilton winning the British Grand Prix at Silverstone in 2008, signed by them both.

Unless he's changed it over the years, that signature doesn't look like Andrew's.

I'll try to attach a photo of my print. It was number 227 of 250. i didn't pay for the print, but I think they were going for £275 or so. I had it framed and think it's worth more than that now, but I won't be selling it. There's a sentimental reason for keeping it.
Attached Thumbnails
Lewis Hamilton print.jpg  
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2987661)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was going by the style which (in my mind) is quite distinctive, and I'm sure I've seen that on Andrews site before. I'm sure he'll be along at some point to put us right.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2987663)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not convinced its Andrews either, look at the second painting which has the usual speed impression enhancing strokes around the tyres which Andrew seems to favour where as the first doesnt.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2987669)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, definitely not one of mine...no idea which artist it could be either. It's a watercolour, which I have rarely used.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2987671)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ah well, there ya go, that's my knowledge of paintings shot down in flames! :P
Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2987787)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I didn't spot that it was a water colour, but it is rather wishy-washy and the background detail is not up to Andrew's standards. Compare it with mine.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2987794)   #11
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Certainly not to Andrew's standard and being very critical, I'm surprised 64 copies were sold let alone 500!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2987796)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Certainly not to Andrew's standard and being very critical, I'm surprised 64 copies were sold let alone 500!
What makes you think they were sold in number order?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2987798)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
It's painted by Ten-Tenths member Andrew Kitson, I've also moved this thread to Art/Photography.
In my defense it was 8am and I'd not had my morning coffee!
Old 17 Nov 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2987875)   #14
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks guys...in Grant's defence my first pictures in the late 70s & early 80s did look a bit like that! Couldn't paint a tree or figure (person) to save my life but you learn as you go on..My style in recent years is more like this:
http://www.andrewkitson.com/pages/prints-00.html