Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 2002, 09:54 (Ref:312373)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More TMSR Plans....

According to Autosport mag - more plans from TMSR.

They plan to race them in the ETCC, before the season end uner the Team Janspeed banner.

He plans to run modified cars, possibly badged as Toyota Alzetta's, before building new cars for next year.

He can't reveal potential drivers. No mention of the BTCC.

Sounds like more hot air to me:confused:
Old 13 Jun 2002, 10:19 (Ref:312399)   #2
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they can't even get their BTCC plans underway, I doubt if these ETCC plans will appear!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 10:52 (Ref:312439)   #3
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope TMSR are talking a load of Bullsh*t IMHO!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 11:35 (Ref:312497)   #4
nicker less
Racer

Seychelles
nicker less should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, I think there talking **** once again!!!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 12:04 (Ref:312526)   #5
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree as well, talking out of the opposite end hole if u get me!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 12:55 (Ref:312611)   #6
Vatanen
Racer

Vatanen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another load of ****** no doubt. They really should stop saying this and that before actually being able to show us something or confirm it.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:01 (Ref:312717)   #7
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why does this team keep making promises it WILL NOT keep. For exam[ple the 'confirmed' (so why aren't they there now?, the team never really planned to enter i agree with you oversteer it is bulls***
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:33 (Ref:312743)   #8
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Next week: - TMSR enter Formula One. Read it here - Exclusive!!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:42 (Ref:312748)   #9
Alfa Fan
Veteran

and then the WRC!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:46 (Ref:312753)   #10
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Just noticed-what do the classes under your username mean. I thought 'Racer' was only used for racing drivers-which being only 14- seems very unlikely. Is it to do with the number of posts you most llike. Rookie 0-25, Racer 26-50, Veteran 50-999 and Race Official 1000+?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 15:53 (Ref:312761)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Then the Indy 500 (with a 6 car team) and Le Mans (with a 4 car attack!).

Knowing them they'd announce plans today, to enter this weeks LM 24 hrs!

'We hope to have a car ready in time....and are talking to several current F1 drivers' I can see it now......
Old 13 Jun 2002, 16:05 (Ref:312770)   #12
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alfa Fan

Rookie - Less than 20
Racer - 20-499
Veteran - 500+
Race Official - Means you are a moderator (in my case National and Club Racing Forum).

Also, don't forget the Paris-Dakar Rally, CART, F3000 and the World Lawnmower racing championships!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 16:44 (Ref:312804)   #13
Vatanen
Racer

Did I hear right that they have entered the Mondello 2CV 24 Hour race with a 5 driver lineup led by Tarso Marques, Esteban Tuero, Ricardo Rosset, Aguri Suzuki and Taki Inoue?

Vincent Radermecker must be wetting himself about this.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 17:11 (Ref:312821)   #14
TheLeader
Rookie

TheLeader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are very good reasons why the cars did not grace the BTCC this year. Behind the scenes there are alot of polotics, and this year is no exeption. I srtongly believe thet they have made the correct choice in their future. All this acusation is shallow and perhaps people should find out a bit more about the whole siuation before passing judgment. This year has been one of the toughest years for teams and drivers.
Lexus would not commit to anything that may not seem correct. That my friends is why you only have 2 manufacturers running factory cars.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 17:16 (Ref:312829)   #15
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Toyota will help them out if they are running in the ETCC.

Getting sponsorship for a pan Euro program may be easier as well.

Kurt Maxwell
MaxSport
Indianapolis,IN
Maxsportcentral@hotmail.com
Old 13 Jun 2002, 17:40 (Ref:312857)   #16
Vatanen
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLeader
There are very good reasons why the cars did not grace the BTCC this year. Behind the scenes there are alot of polotics, and this year is no exeption. I srtongly believe thet they have made the correct choice in their future. All this acusation is shallow and perhaps people should find out a bit more about the whole siuation before passing judgment. This year has been one of the toughest years for teams and drivers.
Lexus would not commit to anything that may not seem correct. That my friends is why you only have 2 manufacturers running factory cars.
Erm.....there are 4 manufacturers in the BTCC this year.

They won't tell us anything about the situation though! Just broken promises and rumours that never come true.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 18:00 (Ref:312876)   #17
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They could've competed in the BTCC but TOCA didn't want them to be a repeat of JSM so refused TMSR entry. I do see why they're moving(maybe within this century??) to the ETCC as it offers more financial security. But Toyota Altezza's?? I thought Europe was covered by the Lexus brand, not the Toyotas?? (in Japan only I think)
Old 13 Jun 2002, 18:23 (Ref:312897)   #18
TheLeader
Rookie

TheLeader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 manufacturers?? Honda is a GB entry and therfore not a full works entry. Proton is only supplying finance and is capped. That leaves only 2 as mentioned previously. I hope this clarifies the situation.
The move is not for finacial security, it is for the sanity and dignity of the people involved. When Dumb and Dumber realise what is happening maybe things will change.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 19:09 (Ref:312932)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could say that Vaxhall and MG are only 'supplying finance' to 888 and WSR, does that make them non-works entries as well?
Old 13 Jun 2002, 19:23 (Ref:312952)   #20
Vatanen
Racer

Quote:
4 manufacturers?? Honda is a GB entry and therfore not a full works entry. Proton is only supplying finance and is capped. That leaves only 2 as mentioned previously. I hope this clarifies the situation.
The move is not for finacial security, it is for the sanity and dignity of the people involved. When Dumb and Dumber realise what is happening maybe things will change.
So going by your reckoning then. The Williams Renaults were never works BTCC cars because it was only a GB entry funded in part by the British Renault dealers. The Peugeot from last year wasn't a works entry, because it was only a Peugeot GB project. :confused:
Old 13 Jun 2002, 20:22 (Ref:313020)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The way I look at it is that they wouldn't be eligible for manufacturer points if they weren't works teams, although the only really true "works" teams are those that operate out of the factory that builds the road cars, so you could say Synchro Motorsport are a works team.
Old 13 Jun 2002, 23:07 (Ref:313151)   #22
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just announced!
TMSR are to challenge for the world land speed record on the Pits Straight at Snetterton with a Montego Estate! Watch this space!
Old 13 Jun 2002, 23:12 (Ref:313155)   #23
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, if it's the same Montego Estate that came second in the Cape to Cape challenge, and that Jim Edwards was flinging round Bruntingthorpe recently, they might just have a chance!

http://www.montegoweb.co.uk/cape1.htm

Last edited by Maisie; 13 Jun 2002 at 23:19.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 07:22 (Ref:313305)   #24
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Hmmmmm...the BTCC is actually stronger than anytime since 1999. Proton and Honda are quite clearly works entry's funded by the manufacturer. It doesn't matter whether the funding comes from Honda GB or Honda Japan.....for example.

Surely the reason TMSR fell flat on their face, was that they built a Lexus off their own back, without sufficient funding or technical depth, then went cap in hand to Lexus for a works deal and it backfired...simple as that.

As discussed many times on this board - a sure fire way NOT to get a works deal is to build a car first and then tap on the car makers door for support. TMSR, GA Racing and JSM hace all found this route simply does not work.

I would imagine the 'very good reason's' the car's didn't grace the BTCC this year, was that they don't have the funds to do it. But that didn't stop TMSR saying only a few months ago that they would be out at Oulton Park. Now we hear out of the blue that they will appear in the ETCC, with no mention at all of their supposed BTCC campaign.

This 'my friend', is why statements from TMSR are greeted with a certain amount of cynisism. Many of us on the board have followed motorsport for a long time, and seen many team's come and go with eyes bigger than their pockets, and others that weight themselves down with completely unrealistic plans. JSM's proposed 6 car BTCC team being one example.

After all, the second TMSR Lexus never did appear despite their bold claims, and they haven't appeared this year despite more bold claims of a 2 car team and imminent 'major sponsorship deal'

I have worked for a team in the BTCC at a fairly high level, so I have a good idea of what it takes to put together a 2 car BTCC entry, which is why I wince when I hear another 'pipe-dream' being wheeled out.

All IMHO as usual.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 07:25 (Ref:313307)   #25
Alfa Fan
Veteran

When did GA Racing built a BTCT car? Never.
Closed Thread