Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Apr 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3238929)   #126
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
unlucky race for bomarito and the #93 viper, first beretta and then henzler collided with him.
Old 24 Apr 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3238940)   #127
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Realistically, Bomarito had two options; he could do what he did, or go down the escape road. With those tires out there, and where Henzler's car was, just turning in later wasn't a reasonable choice. Bomarito was already wide of the mark in the corner, so going wider almost certainly would have put him in the tires.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3239330)   #128
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I meant 'later' in terms of time rather than wider, as in slowing down, letting the torpedo go by and then driving past the wreckage.
And no, I didn't need a replay to see what was going to happen, the approach speed was frightingly obvious even before Henzler got alongside.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3239706)   #129
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Points standings are up:
http://www.alms.com/standings
Old 27 Apr 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3239957)   #130
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I meant 'later' in terms of time rather than wider, as in slowing down, letting the torpedo go by and then driving past the wreckage.
And no, I didn't need a replay to see what was going to happen, the approach speed was frightingly obvious even before Henzler got alongside.

"Later in terms of time" would mean he went forward further before turning in which would mean going wider, as I see it.

Also, sure, from outside the cars a viewer could see what was happening. Considering drivers look ahead and around the corner they are entering, and with tiny side windows, window nets, helmets, and HANS units their side vision is limited, what a TV viewer could immediately see and what a driver could possibly not see at all ...
Old 28 Apr 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3240306)   #131
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris Dyson saying that the Long Beach ESPN2 tape delay broadcast was the third highest rated auto racing on TV last weekend, behind only NASCAR Cup & Truck series.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3240340)   #132
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Everyone, sorry we didn't check in during Long Beach. Internet was pretty hard to get a hold of, unless we wanted to pay $15 per day to use it.

Lots of chatter here about the contact between our Porsche and the Viper. Here's what Wolf had to say in his post race quote. He took full blame for the accident. He started to make a move and the car locked up. He went over to Bomarito afterwards to apologize.

"I had a good exit on turn 11 into turn one and I wasn’t really close enough to overtake, but I thought I had a chance. I went to the inside, braked to see what he was doing, to see if he’d break earlier. Then I’m not 100% sure on what happened, but for sure the car or tires locked up. I tried to stop the car, but couldn’t and the viper turned in and I hit him on the side and we both spun. It was my fault. Then I was standing there and couldn’t get it into reverse. Finally it worked and I could continue. I had to come in for a penalty and we finished 10th. Not what I was hoping for today. I was hoping to see us on the podium because we had a good package. Tires were working really well. Bryan did a really good job. The team had a good pit stop. I’m sorry that it happened and hopefully this doesn’t slow us down and we keep on going for the next race."
Old 28 Apr 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3240367)   #133
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Chris Dyson saying that the Long Beach ESPN2 tape delay broadcast was the third highest rated auto racing on TV last weekend, behind only NASCAR Cup & Truck series.
Just for the record it was ABC not ESPN2.
Old 28 Apr 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3240369)   #134
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beating the 0.1ndycar Series is no major surprise when you're on ABC, Grand Am despite being tape delayed and also on cable got better ratings than them on the Barber weekend.

I'm willing to bet my house looking at the usual numbers NHRA beat Indycar (5th) and F1 (6th) for 4th.

No Nationwide or ARCA if I remember correctly, which typically comes 2nd and 4th respectively if Indycar or F1 isn't on cable.
Old 29 Apr 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3240389)   #135
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
"I had a good exit on turn 11 into turn one and I wasn’t really close enough to overtake, but I thought I had a chance. I went to the inside, braked to see what he was doing, to see if he’d break earlier. Then I’m not 100% sure on what happened, but for sure the car or tires locked up. I tried to stop the car, but couldn’t and the viper turned in and I hit him on the side and we both spun. It was my fault. Then I was standing there and couldn’t get it into reverse. Finally it worked and I could continue. I had to come in for a penalty and we finished 10th. Not what I was hoping for today. I was hoping to see us on the podium because we had a good package. Tires were working really well. Bryan did a really good job. The team had a good pit stop. I’m sorry that it happened and hopefully this doesn’t slow us down and we keep on going for the next race."
Very classy of Wolf!
Last time Team Falken Tire had a race end this unluckily, you won. Maybe it'll work that way again!
Old 29 Apr 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3240390)   #136
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Just for the record it was ABC not ESPN2.
You're right. Whatever the circumstances, it's pretty cool.
Old 2 May 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3241701)   #137
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you were Guy Smith, what would you be thinking about for the future, stick with Dyson or leave for something new?
Old 2 May 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3241790)   #138
abruzzifan
Rookie

abruzzifan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
If you were Guy Smith, what would you be thinking about for the future, stick with Dyson or leave for something new?
Ask him yourself, he posts on here.