Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 May 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3245043)   #1
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jägersro

At the outskirts of Malmö lies the Jägersro racetrack (horseracing that is). But they seem to have some space left over of second hand tracks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jägersro.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	370.1 KB
ID:	39867

Some ideas of a new racing circuit (real racing that is, ) has now hit my mind. Number one:

Name:	JägerOval.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	39868

Complete 1.0 mile oval. Nearly identical layout to the Milwaukee Mile. Even though the Lausitzring and Rockingham both have been white elephants, I personally still believe Ovals has potential in Europe.

Then the "Roval"/Roadcourse:

Name:	Jäger1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	39869

Full track, 4.0 km. FIA grade 2.

and finally a smaller roadcourse:

Name:	Jäger2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	39870

2.5 km track. FIA grade 2.

The circuit lies in the area of Öresund. A total of 3.8 million people have access to the track in 30-90 min transit time.

/Marcus
Old 11 May 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3245591)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus, your track is very good looking, racy and in a location that would make it financially viable for some motor racing. However, where would you want to put your pitlane for the full circuit? How about paddock space? Also, I feel a chicane option should be introduced before the oval turn when going clockwise on the full circuit, for safety reasons.

And what about the neighbours? Would they protest this track? Horse race tracks are usually located in areas where people can afford to own horses, and I'm not too sure if that's a neighborhood which would want motor racing fans hanging around in droves in their living area - not even taking into account the noise of 400 horsepower compared to that of 1 horsepower.

Another Swedish racetrack would surely be a great idea. How do Swedish racing fans feel about your star Matthias Ekström not having a home race in DTM? I'd be rather happy if DTM went to Sweden instead of staging boring rounds at tracks like Barcelona, Ricardo Tormo or Adria.
Old 11 May 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3245644)   #3
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess they must be used to it already. Just east of the horstrack is the Malmo motostadion, where they do speedway motorracing.
Old 11 May 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3245700)   #4
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Cant believe I forgot Pitlane and startline...

Here we go then, Updated version of Road Course.

Pitlane (Blue)
Start/finishline (Yellow)
Grandstands (Purple)
Paddock (Grey)

Name:	Jäger1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	39875

/Marcus
Old 12 May 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3246090)   #5
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Bumping this thread. Any thoughts on the update?
Old 13 May 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3246728)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The top right corner looks a bit too busy, and there is a point wher the track is only 20m apart.

Just below that on a level with the BMX circuit across the road appears to be a short cut. This would remove the close section, give a tidier feel, albeing may at a cost of 600m of length.

Other than that, it's an interesting circuit.