Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Sep 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3310962)   #1
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Rallycross R7 Pembury

Results are as difficult to come by as always but it looks like Julian Godfrey has retained his GB1 plate.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3311059)   #2
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Results are as difficult to come by as always but it looks like Julian Godfrey has retained his GB1 plate.
No change there then, would seem why should we be interested in our own national rallycross when we have the WRX to look forward to. But fir the future everyone join fb befriend a team/ driver and they will no doubt keep you updated. Obviously the entrance fee to the championship and membership to compete doesn't cover keeping the spectators/sponsors informed.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3311063)   #3
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too sure why people finding it so hard to find results.

There was LIVE timing all day yesterday on www.rallycrosstiming.com and there is a full list of results from every class and final

Also reports, pictures and results on www.rallycrossuk.com website and all over facebook...

not too hard to find.....
Old 30 Sep 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3311228)   #4
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes me laugh how Supernational is only mentioned after the RX buggies and Suzuki Swifts! Tells you all you need to know...
Old 1 Oct 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3311303)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exactly, my word I didnt even kow there was a round pending, isnt this a shame, I dont know why they simply drop it and just do exhibitionj events or something, as this current champioships is not really worthy of a GB1 plate or entry fees.

We might lose Mallory aswell, which doesnt bode well, but in all fairness they only went there coz Mallory lost pretty much everything in the past few years due to noise and management issues otherwise there is no need for rallycross to even consiuder going there
Old 4 Oct 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3312644)   #6
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder would you care to back up your last statement about Mallory?
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3312649)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well if you read what I say we may/might lose Malloryas they are in a lot of trouble.

It is not a very good rallycross circuit in my mind and is only being used because there is nothing else.

Rallycross can currently only use Pembrey a historcially awful place that should ahve been droped when they destroyed the UK ERC round in the 90's, cant use Anglesey anymore, Knockhill which is fine, Croft which is fine but cant give us any dates and Lydden!

Thats it.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3312655)   #8
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
I meant the statement that Mallory had lost everything in the past few years.

as regards the circuits, would you spend hundreds of thousand of pounds for maybe 2 or 3 events per year?

Look at Blyton a lot of people on here criticised it but at the time it was the only new venue for many years and it would take time to build up. As I said in other threads this was the only rallycross circuit in the UK that was at the time not attached to an existing race circuit so all the amenities had to be built from scratch. But some people wanted everything from the start.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3312711)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
From my point of view Mallory has lost a lot of their events that made them a go to track.

BSB might not have been theri fault, but race of the year was always a busy one. Not sure they ever really had that many big car dates there, but very few of the big series like BTCC, F3 or GT's went there did they?

I realsie they must have been finding it hard going up against the might of Silverstone and Palmer, but lets face it, the modifications to the track for BSB were awful!

Therefore, trying tog et rallycross there was an option to get a date when they seemingly lost a few big ones.

Did you ever go to Blyton? Were there any amenetie there? I raced autograss there years ago and the ameneties were about the same!!

They have realised that having a permanent track makes sense and dropped rallycross pretty much, fair play to them, I get it. Better quality of track day clients and a chance to use a facility every day, makes more sense.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3312732)   #10
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
Mallory may not have held many of the "big meetings" of late but it was(will be) a good club racing circuit both for cars & bikes. Non of the alterations made for BSB have to be used for car racing.

I was at the first rallycross held at Blyton and attended virtually all the raalycross events held there. I have also attended several rallies and a few sprints at the track and know how much effort was put into getting rallycross up and running and what has gone into getting it to where it is today.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3312795)   #11
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the old problem. You won't get circuits to invest in rallycross or better facilities if there aren't the competitors or meetings to justify them. Winter rallycross might be part of the answer - if there were clubman events in January, February and March that would help make the case for investment.

Unfortunately at the moment there seems to be little interest in promoting anything other than the MSA classes. Where did all those stockhatches go?

Btw I wouldn't write off Mallory yet. From what I am hearing anything could happen - from a complete closure to a programme of massive investment.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3312800)   #12
Johny Bean
Rookie

England
Johny Bean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder have you ever raced at Mallory or Pembrey ???
Old 4 Oct 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3312876)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I have been to both tracks, but not raced no,
Both are great tracks, but from a spectators point of view not great.

The ERC round at Pembrey in the 90's was a disgrace, track cut up horrendously, loads of dust causing incidents. Dust always a problem there, plus it has trouble spots that cause lots of damage, and its miles away from anywhere!

Mallory sadly I have never seen or watched, I watched about 20 minutes of footage a few years back and it was like watching Off Road racing not rallycross

I imagine you are going to comment on the fact I have not raced there so cant comment, fair enough, but the proof of the pudding is right here sorry.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3313187)   #14
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From someone who has raced at Pembrey & Mallory this year.
When we first went to Mallory it was terrible, the track cut up badly, there were half bricks in the loose, and the transition from loose to tarmac was severe. It was a car breaker.
Every time we have been since has seen improvement. Windscreens seems to be the only problem now, and it's not much worse than Lydden in that respect. As they sweep and clear the larger aggregate after each visit it can only get better.

Pembrey. Yes I remember the ERC round in the 90's, it was a mess.
I have also raced at Pembrey when the track has cut up badly, but IMHO Pembrey is currently the best rallycross track in the country at the moment. It has everything, fast parts, slow parts, tarmac, broken concrete, loose, and let me say the loose is smooth and didn't cut up at all last meeting.
The only problem is that it is so far from the main competitor bases.
The viewing isn't too bad either if you go into the paddock, and watch the back loose section.

I very much hope both circuits remain available to rallycross in the future.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3313398)   #15
Johny Bean
Rookie

England
Johny Bean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I couldn't of said it better myself Dave ....