Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3314387)   #1
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst Betting

Hi guys I like to bet on the Bathurst top 10 and no sites seem to have that option have you found anyone offering top 10 and qualifying odds.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3314398)   #2
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's usually a TAB truck at the circuit if you're going up.

Not sure what online agencies you've tried, but in the past TAB and CentreBet have both had odds. They may not publish them until later in the week though.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3314399)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had three bets with Sportbet so far
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Oct 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3314403)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely Tom would be in there somewhere, he's in everything else
Old 8 Oct 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3314411)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
surely Tom would be in there somewhere, he's in everything else
only has for the race and some options for the race, like best ford etc and some head to heads

TAB have top ten betting

Last edited by peckstar; 8 Oct 2013 at 05:24.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3314413)   #6
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking at centrebet right now and there's all sorts - Top 3, Top 6, Top 10, head to head, Top Ford, etc
Old 8 Oct 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3314541)   #7
sime1070
Rookie

sime1070 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sportingbet also offers win / top 3 / top 6 / top 10... I know he's unlikely to win but Moffat is $301!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3314839)   #8
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
low and behold Adcafe have sent me a sponsored link to a betting option, with a relationship with Ladbrokes.

Always found that name ironic...
Old 8 Oct 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3314865)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
low and behold Adcafe have sent me a sponsored link to a betting option, with a relationship with Ladbrokes.

Haha - I never noticed it before. Definitely ironic.

I'd be considering laying a lazy 20 on one of the Mercs to get in the top 5. I reckon they'd be a good shot for it if they can hold together.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3314892)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Apparently there is no such thing as an original idea....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Oct 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3314918)   #11
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Of course if you were naming it truthfully, ****yourmoneyupthewall and Youknowyoucantwin would be the front-runners.

A guy I worked with once told me a story of the stupidest thing his betting agency ever did.

He thought he was an ok gambler. Thought he was probably 'just ahead or breaking even'. He had an online betting account and one day the agency added a feature which allowed him to view every bet he'd ever made with them.

He decided to do the math. He never told me how much he'd lost over the years, but he closed the account immediately and other than the odd flutter on Melbourne Cup and the sort he refused to ever bet again.

It wasn't the money, so much as the fear that he had deluded himself so much on his gambling.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic. Just thought it was an interesting story.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3314954)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gamble Responsibly!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Oct 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3315008)   #13
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gamble Responsibly!
And remember; the more you put on, the more you get back!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3315085)   #14
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not having bet on Bathurst since 1986 (when I won $5 on a net with a classmate that Dick Johnson would finish ahead of Peter Brock) it nevertheless astounds me that people would bet on a sporting event in which the results can be legitimately manipulated by the participants in the form of team orders.

Sure it is unlikely to influence the outcome, but some of us may remember the out cry when McLaren implemented team orders at the AGP in 1998.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 10:52 (Ref:3315095)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Not having bet on Bathurst since 1986 (when I won $5 on a net with a classmate that Dick Johnson would finish ahead of Peter Brock) it nevertheless astounds me that people would bet on a sporting event in which the results can be legitimately manipulated by the participants in the form of team orders.

Sure it is unlikely to influence the outcome, but some of us may remember the out cry when McLaren implemented team orders at the AGP in 1998.
you missed something important though.

the bookies are not experts in motorsport and so its possible to get some amazing odds
Old 9 Oct 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3315098)   #16
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

the bookies are not experts in motorsport and so its possible to get some amazing odds
True, but I'd prefer a sporting contest that one that carries the chance it might not be.

But all this talk of gambling has got me tempted..............and on my past form I can't lose.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3315101)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
True, but I'd prefer a sporting contest that one that carries the chance it might not be.

But all this talk of gambling has got me tempted..............and on my past form I can't lose.
i have a couple of small bets on bathurst. tend to look for things with big odds that just could work.

So D Reynolds at $21 for a podium last year was a good bet.

Mostert for the podium this year is where the excitment will be
Old 9 Oct 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3315146)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

That's a good point. Horse racing is their core business and they know everything there is to know about it. Motor racing is a little sideline to them and a lot of us on here know a lot more than they do about it, so if you hunt around, you might find very good odds on things that stand a pretty fair chance of happening.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3315172)   #19
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive had some nice wins on D'Alberto Top10 ... not sure about 2013 though
The Erebuses might be dark horses.
Like the other 16-odd horses
Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3315490)   #20
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
That's a good point. Horse racing is their core business and they know everything there is to know about it. Motor racing is a little sideline to them and a lot of us on here know a lot more than they do about it, so if you hunt around, you might find very good odds on things that stand a pretty fair chance of happening.
in the neddys there is always an element of who is going to win this week, and who is holding back to get better odds for next weeks, bit hard in this game to do that, anyways, I wonder if the will do the same as footy,

"if your driver is leading at lap 81, and doesnt win, we will give your money back"

"bet on the first driver to crash out and we will double the payout"

nah, they just take your money. Prefer to have a friendly wager with a mate than give my money to these outfits.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3315511)   #21
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Looking at the odds on one site they aren't mugs either..

In simple terms you need to get back 5-10 times your investment,to cover your losses.
If you put $5 on a horse and it returns $25,you can stand 5 more $5 losses before your behind.
If you back a sports team for $1.50 return and you lose,you have to bet bigger and bigger to get back ahead.Sports bettings a mugs game.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3315666)   #22
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been betting on Formula 1 and V8 Supercars for the last two years. Nothing serious just $10 per race scattered over different bets. I keep all the results on a spread sheet and in 2012 I came out $20 ahead. So far this year I'm $80 ahead. Had some decent wins with the Nissan results at Winton and Mostert.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3315682)   #23
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
For qualifying the TAB has got the Red Bull cars at unbackable odds. Which shows they don't have much real knowledge as Jamie and Craig don't have good qualifying records here.

Whereas Winterbottom, who has the best qualifying record in the field, is at over double the odds of the Red Bull duo.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3315920)   #24
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
For qualifying the TAB has got the Red Bull cars at unbackable odds. Which shows they don't have much real knowledge as Jamie and Craig don't have good qualifying records here.

Whereas Winterbottom, who has the best qualifying record in the field, is at over double the odds of the Red Bull duo.
My favorite trick is that if someone bins the car in Qualy, they'll quite often rejig the odds to reflect there qualifying result and forget the fact that it's a very long race and the poor effort in Qualy isn't reflective of the cars speed.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3316036)   #25
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Remember a few years ago when you could pair lead drivers and they would occasionally switch cars. I think BJR did it in 2002 - JB was doing well in the championship and Bradley wasn't. So odds for Brad's car were much longer, but they decided to run Bradley's number in the race. So some people got on one of the pre-race favourites with long-shot odds.