Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Oct 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3319354)   #26
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
I think there is a tendency for drivers to attempt to carry on as long as possible if they get a black & orange in the hope that it is only a loose body panel that may fall off before they get converted to a full black!
Yes I think you are quite right Richard, but ignoring the B/O is also an "offence". A B/O is, in fact, a type of black flag, but with a caveat telling you it isn't because of your driving standards.

Perhaps the route to go would be to lose the Black and Orange altogether (since it appears that drivers perceive that it is "easier" to ignore a B/O than a Black), and simply use the Black for everything?
Old 18 Oct 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3319371)   #27
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
I've had a driver sitting at paddock entry at Mallory who was shouted at " Your car is on fire - get out" who still sat there, fat and happy, until the extinguisher powder hit him in the face.
I remember a similar situation at a training day when the guy lighting the fires managed to set light to his boot and hadn't noticed. Foam was very effective, and for the rest of the day we knew where he was.

Clop * squelch * clop * squelch
Old 18 Oct 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3319374)   #28
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
'Stop at next fire post' sign might a better idea
Something of a problem now that circuits no longer have designated, & signed, fire points.
Old 18 Oct 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3319376)   #29
Steve Fox
Racer

United Kingdom
S.W.London
Steve Fox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Something of a problem now that circuits no longer have designated, & signed, fire points.

You sure? I thought all of the circuits I work at still have them, Castle Combe, where the boards are in use certainly do.

Last edited by Steve Fox; 18 Oct 2013 at 09:41. Reason: add relevency
Old 18 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3319502)   #30
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The boards at Combe didn't deter my BMW competitor a few weeks ago who continued on his merry way despite a fairly significant fire under the car and the fire car that was chasing him!
Old 18 Oct 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3319563)   #31
skeee
Racer

Cyprus
Wiltshire
skeee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Neill View Post
......................Like any signal, all it needs is for drivers to act on it. Combe obviously saw a value in the idea though.
The two Ferrari owners saw more value in them as their cars were saved in time.

I haven't waved one of the Combe boards yet but at Brands couple of years ago had to "shake a bottle" at a Lotus. The boards are much lighter.