Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 3 Mar 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3374371)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park Open Day

Mallory Park held an open day on Saturday 1st March, there were displays of both cars and bikes. The numbers reported to be there were in excess of 7000 people and as high as 15000 people depending who you listen to.

The Rally of the Midlands will be returning this year in June, CSCC will be running a race meeting on 20th July and the Plum Pudding meeting should also return on Boxing day. Also there will be bike racing through out the year.

General testing I am told resumes on Wednesday and the cafe is being run by the regular occupants.

All in all at present the future of Mallory looks good, lets hope they get back to having more car meetings next year.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3374393)   #2
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news A pity I couldn't be there - I'm recovering from a foot operation!

A pity there's only one car meeting. Perhaps I should get back into the habit of going to bike meetings. I hope BARC, BRSCC and 750MC come back in 2015.

I hope it all goes well as I really like Mallory Park.

Scott
Old 3 Mar 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3374555)   #3
spuddy
Rookie

spuddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hi alan steve here from mallory you seen me on the gate, we at mallory said there was about 7000 or there about. very good day traffic coming in all directions weather could;nt have been better any way going back to the car meetings most car clubs booked up last year for this year as most thought mallory was a non runner.i have been informed david overend is back on board sorting the car meetings for next year and i have been told next season will be bigger and a lot more going on.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3374879)   #4
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy View Post
hi alan steve here from mallory you seen me on the gate, we at mallory said there was about 7000 or there about. very good day traffic coming in all directions weather could;nt have been better any way going back to the car meetings most car clubs booked up last year for this year as most thought mallory was a non runner.i have been informed david overend is back on board sorting the car meetings for next year and i have been told next season will be bigger and a lot more going on.

If right - good to have the Overend name linked back with Mallory Park.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3374891)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there tomorrow testing, hope the cafe is open.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3374919)   #6
Slipstick
Racer

United Kingdom
N. Staffs
Slipstick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's all sounding pretty encouraging. I bet they'll have no trouble getting a load of marshals for the sole car meeting this year....I can't be the only one already missing the old place.

Congrats to all involved in keeping my favourite circuit going and roll on next year and a potential full set of meetings.

Steve
Old 5 Mar 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3375375)   #7
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I will be there tomorrow testing, hope the cafe is open.
Testing the sausages, bacon, beans etc!
Old 5 Mar 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3375448)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Pleased to report everything just the same as it was. Lovely track, lovely people,