Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Jul 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3556217)   #1
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe Newbies

Can anyone give me up to date guidance on visiting Castle Combe - the Marshalpost listing looks a little out of date.....

Is there electric hookup in the campsite?
There looks to be no lunch break next weekend (18/19) - is this normal?
Is there any decent pubs/restaurants in Castle Combe - at 0.8 miles, it looks easily walkable.
Where is sign on?
Is the on-circuit breakfast any good - do we get vouchers?

Thanks
Old 6 Jul 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3556245)   #2
morwenna
Racer

morwenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign on is in the marshal sign on room in the college building just inside the entrance at Camp. Plenty of people have breakfast, we don't usually get vouchers, although for this meeting BRSCC are running things, not CCRC. I have never camped at Combe, I don't think there is electric hook up but am not sure. Camping is usually in an area behind Bobbies, and the showers are in the paddock. I've never been to Castle Combe village either(!) so I can't offer any suggestions there, the Tavern is also usually open for evening meals during a weekend event. I didn't realise the timetable was so busy, it is not normal to not get a break, but it is a different club running the meeting. There are usually enough marshals on posts that breaks could be arranged, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem!
Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3556487)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon, I've been told......... Camping is near to Post 12 -Bobbies I think! No electric afaik
Not sure how secure the area is - I think it's just an area with grass but the public can park there and view from there too!
The shower (Singular) is in the paddock - a fair walk!
There is a pub (Maybe more than one) ion the approach to Combe, near to the village of "Tiddlywinks" - otherwise there's McD, BK, and a Brewers Fayre at Cepen Park by the Premier Inn. Chippenham has several fast food joints too.
Combe is a fantastic place to Marshal and the racing is great - especially their local championships.