Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 21 Jul 2002, 18:12 (Ref:339001)   #1
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Citroen 2CVs

Has anyone here been following/driving in the Citroen 2CV Championship this season? Series seems to continue to go from strength to strength, and possibly the most reliable championship in the country.

In the 22 lap race at Snetterton today, 23 cars started and 23 finished! Not bad eh?!
Old 21 Jul 2002, 20:24 (Ref:339073)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Where did Harnett finish? Car 911 - Team Eurologic
Old 21 Jul 2002, 21:01 (Ref:339127)   #3
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8th in 1st race
6th in 2nd two-driver endurace race

Full result at www.mst-group.co.uk look under July's calender
Old 22 Jul 2002, 08:13 (Ref:339388)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
woohoo!!! WTG Derek
Old 9 Sep 2002, 14:38 (Ref:376512)   #5
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres some great pics from the 2CV Championships at THIS SITE which is run by Christine Savage, a long time 2CV campaigner.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 18:28 (Ref:376723)   #6
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We met Christine, her co-driver, and Stinky (her 2CV!) yesterday - good to see them race, and congrats on some fine dicing! Thought Stinky was a gonner at one point in qualifying on the run up to Druids!!! I love 2CV racing - I loved the way the whole Paddock Hill grandstand was cheering and waving their arms for the 2CVs to accelerate faster, the 3-abreast-round-Paddock moments (and there were many!), and the precise and clean overtaking manouvres carried out verrrry sloooowly

I think I want a 2CV now
Old 12 Sep 2002, 09:37 (Ref:378588)   #7
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gotta tell ya, three and four abreast through Paddock Hill was mighty fun.

And whilst it might look slow, we take the corners as fast (and faster) as most other saloon classes - it's just the acceleration down the straights where our 602cc's struggle.

Average speeds over 60mph, entering paddock hill at about 80mph, in a 2CV - fund didly fun :-)
Old 12 Sep 2002, 09:47 (Ref:378591)   #8
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looked a lot of fun! I was privileged to have several laps with Richard Dalton driving round Snetterton at the charity day last year, and it was awesome If I had a racing licence, it would definitely be one series I would consider doing.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 11:06 (Ref:378645)   #9
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the 2CVS at Cadwell earlier this year and I thought they'd be a bit dull 'cos they're quite slow. I was very wrong. Three abreast into Park! Excellent racing and miles better than F1.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 12:25 (Ref:378720)   #10
2CV Racer
Racer

The racing in Cadwell was particularly good this year. There were two races, the first was red flagged just as it was getting interesting. The second was a race long battle for first amongst six runners, with many lead changes and the winner ahead by a mere 0.03 sec at the end of it all.

(Oh yeah, I also think it was a particularly good weekend 'cos I won that second race, my first ever race win :-) ).
Old 13 Sep 2002, 15:44 (Ref:379684)   #11
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
I assume they are having the 24 hour race at Mondello next year? How do I volunteer to marshal at it?
Old 13 Sep 2002, 18:21 (Ref:379746)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
No Neil, it's at Snetterton next year!

If you want to volunteer to marshal at anything for the Irish side, you'll need to talk to the MRMCI (www.mrmci.com)or just pop me a priv msg and I'll hook you up with the relevant chief marshal.

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 13 Sep 2002 at 18:21.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 18:25 (Ref:379749)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
hmmm anyone know what's up with the 2CV racing page?
Old 17 Sep 2002, 15:01 (Ref:382544)   #14
2CV Racer
Racer

Seems like 50p needs to be put in the DNS meter. Full service shall be resumed presently.