Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2002, 05:34 (Ref:404442)   #1
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nations Cup Monaro was at Bathurst on the weekend ?

According to this article at PROCAR the Nations Cup spec Monaro did a couple of demo laps at Bathurst on the weekend - did anyone else hear about this ?

Cheers, Buck.
Old 15 Oct 2002, 06:43 (Ref:404473)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrmm, and it won't be ready for the Gold Coast round! What a crock! Best of luck to them, but I can severly see it ****ing off everyone else in the 24hr....
Old 15 Oct 2002, 07:20 (Ref:404497)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it did some laps at Bathurst then it definatly should be able to get to Indy, maybe GRM didn't want to double up there, but that is no excuse, the parity needs to be worked out prior to the 24 hour.

And what happened to the 4 Monaro's? It seems there will be just 1 at Bathurst
Old 15 Oct 2002, 10:43 (Ref:404666)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The doubling up at Bathurst with the Monaro made both of the V8s crash, what chance would they have at Indy?
Old 15 Oct 2002, 11:10 (Ref:404708)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the car do the laps, it was a bit wet at the time , but it certianly wasnt hanging around. Tander was giving it a fair go. They were also showing fotage of them testing it at calder.
The car is now at the holden dealership in town, I went and had a look today. There is more roll cage n that car than i have ever seen. It puts a nascar to shame. The side skirts wrap under the car to the same width as the tyres to form a semi under tray. There were more switched inside the car than on the space shuttle. Tyres are 18" x 14" on the rear and 10" on the front. It is an awsome looking car, but not a nations cup car. A sports sedan it is though.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Oct 2002, 11:11 (Ref:404710)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
But even the engine is too big for Sports Sedans!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 21:59 (Ref:405234)   #7
White Knight

A V8 Supercar with a big (lightweight) block and trim. Sounded really aewsome though.

Old 15 Oct 2002, 22:23 (Ref:405253)   #8
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a bit of a throw away comment not meant to be taken too seriouly, but no matter what they have done to it, it's probably still worth less than the Lambo or Ferrari's it will compete against. It's advantage is that the money has been put where it is needed, not just paying for a badge!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 22:46 (Ref:405265)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone think though that PROCAR are setting a dangerous precedent letting this thing race ?

I mean if you can take a Monaro and do all they've done to it to make it competitive who's to say people aren't going to start grabbing all sorts of cars and start going nuts developing them...could we see the cost of the Nations Cup category blow it out before it's time ?
Old 15 Oct 2002, 23:08 (Ref:405291)   #10
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the cost issue was out of control a long time ago. Lets face it, to buy a Diablo or Ferrari to begin with is some serious dollars in anyones language.

I do think that maybe the Monaro has been taken a wee bit too far but I'll still be happy to see it win no matter that it would cause an uproar.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 07:52 (Ref:405467)   #11
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just tipical of the powers that be in this country.give the holdens whatever it takes so they can win & screw the fords
they allow this to be done to the monaro but look what they did to the mustang when it flogged the common-dores in the production based series
they should just come out & say that a holden cant win with its own gear in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 Oct 2002, 09:42 (Ref:405517)   #12
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz
This is a bit of a throw away comment not meant to be taken too seriouly, but no matter what they have done to it, it's probably still worth less than the Lambo or Ferrari's it will compete against. It's advantage is that the money has been put where it is needed, not just paying for a badge!
I think you will find that with the Lambo you pay for the performance, but then the Nations Cup parity system take it away again by imposing rev limits etc.

Hope Nations Cup doesn't get turned into a one make series like V8 supercars.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 12:57 (Ref:405712)   #13
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The precedent for the mods on the Monaro was set on the Viper when they allowed a Hollinger gearbox big brakes and Le Mans areo kit.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 14:00 (Ref:405759)   #14
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just popping in for a second...

Guys, Nations Cup is not intended as a production based formula. Ross Palmer himself has said on more than one occasion that it's a limited verson of GT racing.

This allows a certain amount of modification from production levels. And hence things like the Viper's Holinger and aero kit.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 21:38 (Ref:406073)   #15
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Yeah I realise that - Ross Palmer has stated in several different threads over on the PRCAR forums that it's not a production car category.

I never thought about how much they've modified the Vipers - good point Flaggie.