Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Feb 2022, 21:30 (Ref:4100297)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I thought the company behind the team is Haas Formula LLC, registered in North Carolina?

The UK entity (AFAIK), is related to the Banbury premises that operate as a forward base for European races.
Haas Formula UK operates the whole F1 team. You don’t turn over near $150m pa on an industrial unit.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4100298)   #102
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, but if you read the UK companies accounts, it states that it's purpose is to supply services to it's parent company which is HAAS Formula LLP which provides all of the company's income. And that income comes from America.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4100299)   #103
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The parent company is Haas LLC, registered in NC, USA.
European operations are managed by the company registered as Haas Formula UK Ltd, registered in Banbury, UK.
Engine deals are managed by the company registered as Haas Formula Italia srl, registered in Parma, Italy.

Haas Formula UK, and Haas Formula Italia are both subsidiaries of Haas LLC.

If you look closely at the revenue streams of the European companies, you will see that bulk of their income comes from Haas LLC. The Mazepin money goes to Haas LLC, not Haas Formula UK.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4100300)   #104
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
So? The point is they can write contracts with whichever entity they like, in whichever jurisdiction.
Old 25 Feb 2022, 21:56 (Ref:4100301)   #105
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
So? The point is they can write contracts with whichever entity they like, in whichever jurisdiction.
The point being, a comment was posted highlighting that as an American company, Haas would not be allowed to accept Mazepin money.

A claim was then made that Haas is not registered as a US company. The wording of this claim implied that Haas would not be prevented from accepting Mazepin money.

After a bit of clarification, it is clear that Haas is an American company, with European subsidiaries.

So, the point is - does anyone think that an F1 team, regardless of where they are registered, would enter into a contract with an openly Putin-aligned company?

Is the country that Haas is registered in important? If not, why challenge the initial post that referred to Haas as an American company?
Old 25 Feb 2022, 22:04 (Ref:4100302)   #106
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
be they US or UK, the sanctions will probably be in lockstep
Old 25 Feb 2022, 22:12 (Ref:4100303)   #107
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
be they US or UK, the sanctions will probably be in lockstep
True, and I think outside of sanctions, F1 teams wouldn't touch the money anyway.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:03 (Ref:4100340)   #108
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rumour has it the Andretti team will be based in the UK. Rich Energy's way back?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4100341)   #109
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The point being, a comment was posted highlighting that as an American company, Haas would not be allowed to accept Mazepin money.

A claim was then made that Haas is not registered as a US company. The wording of this claim implied that Haas would not be prevented from accepting Mazepin money.

After a bit of clarification, it is clear that Haas is an American company, with European subsidiaries.

So, the point is - does anyone think that an F1 team, regardless of where they are registered, would enter into a contract with an openly Putin-aligned company?

Is the country that Haas is registered in important? If not, why challenge the initial post that referred to Haas as an American company?
True. My point was that the Haas F1 team doesn’t necessarily have to abide by US sanctions, though they probably will.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4100347)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think Haas will necessarily abide by them either. Obviously they will try and distance themselves from what is happening in Ukraine
Old 26 Feb 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4100353)   #111
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think HAAS will have to abide by the western worlds rules and Pietro Fittipaldi will be the replacement driver.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4100359)   #112
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is extremely the wrong thread but…

the only existing sanctions they’re affected by are banking ones for taking cash from investor and sponsor to team. given how predictable this has been for a few weeks there will have been preparations going on in the background for sanctions. it could even be written into contracts. we don’t know.

movement of key staff with russian passports could potentially be an issue, but at the moment that’s not a consideration. i’m sure many if not all have residency visas that would circumvent the small print of sanctions because that’s what the types of visa you qualify for with a pot of cash are for.

so really we’re looking at restrictions the fia might impose on entrants, sponsors and competitors. i’m not sure they have the remit to make commercial demands on cashflow, but perhaps a change in sporting regs (a ball ache in its own right) could prohibit the promotion of russian owned companies or something. and there’s always the “bringing the sport into disrepute” clauses but given they let certain team bosses get away with that exact offence i doubt they’d activate this clause to exclude a huge investment. i’m not sure if the promoters of the series have commercial demands seperate to sporting regs or not.

so haas will be needing to do this off their own backs. if they’re looking to break the contract i’m sure daddy maz will want the relevant termination fee, plus they’ll need to buy him out if he owns any shares. so not only will there be a big hole in the cashflow on a regular basis they’d have to pony up a lump sum to buy back a share. which potentially breaches financial sanctions in itself.

messy eh.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4100365)   #113
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It is a mess!

Libbo and Gene need to talk to Andretti or work overtime to find a new title sponsor. That sort of dough can only come from a manufacturer or from private investment from the likes of China or the ME.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4100376)   #114
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
which is exactly why i think they're going to be exploring and understanding (and probably liasing with stakeholders like the fia, f1 promoters etc) to what extent they can function as is without running close to bothering sanctions or risking goodwill.

unfortunately there's serious pr considerations because the f1 fanbase is rabid to say the least. it doesn't quite understand that if you take away one massive investor you have to find another willing to throw a whole load of money at the team and not get it back and that takes years. especially when you're a team who have been at the back end of the pack for the past few seasons.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 12:23 (Ref:4100378)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Ferrari or Stellantis group will be asked to pitch in?
Old 26 Feb 2022, 14:10 (Ref:4100393)   #116
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I wonder if Ferrari or Stellantis group will be asked to pitch in?

Whatever anyone thinks about Bernie Ecclestone, he has left such a large hole within the F1 family because it was exactly at times like this that he really stepped up to the plate and would happily help out financially. And I am not talking about small amounts, either.
Old 26 Feb 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4100395)   #117
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can a mod move the Haas posts into the Haas thread?

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4100407)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Can a mod move the Haas posts into the Haas thread?

Richard
Shhh, don't you know anything slightly Haas money related is just to show Andretti is going to be buying in? Even though both parties have said no discussions have taken place and Mario wouldn't pull his comments if he thought he there was a chance they could get Colton in there this season. There's ZERO chance he wouldn't be all over that in the media race weekend
Old 26 Feb 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4100431)   #119
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Whatever anyone thinks about Bernie Ecclestone, he has left such a large hole within the F1 family because it was exactly at times like this that he really stepped up to the plate and would happily help out financially. And I am not talking about small amounts, either.
Try finding his interview on Times radio yesterday Probably best he has moved on
Old 27 Feb 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4100519)   #120
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Shhh, don't you know anything slightly Haas money related is just to show Andretti is going to be buying in? Even though both parties have said no discussions have taken place and Mario wouldn't pull his comments if he thought he there was a chance they could get Colton in there this season. There's ZERO chance he wouldn't be all over that in the media race weekend
Haha. Yeah, I guess I can weave in other usual suspects and create some crazy theories that are related to Andretti and say it's all "on topic". Michael Masi to be employeed by Andretti in the "fill in the blank" role! Bernie Ecclestone to provide Andretti financing! Lewis and Max to partner at Andretti! Porsche to power Andretti! Audi to power Andretti! I think someone has already mentioned William Storey/Rich Energy.

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2022, 22:46 (Ref:4100570)   #121
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Mario has gone on record in an interview with David Land that the team is ready to commence the operation in the UK and the cars will have Alpine power! Just waiting for the FIA entry acceptance.
Old 2 Mar 2022, 18:48 (Ref:4100954)   #122
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is extremely the wrong thread but…

the only existing sanctions they’re affected by are banking ones for taking cash from investor and sponsor to team. given how predictable this has been for a few weeks there will have been preparations going on in the background for sanctions. it could even be written into contracts. we don’t know.

movement of key staff with russian passports could potentially be an issue, but at the moment that’s not a consideration. i’m sure many if not all have residency visas that would circumvent the small print of sanctions because that’s what the types of visa you qualify for with a pot of cash are for.

so really we’re looking at restrictions the fia might impose on entrants, sponsors and competitors. i’m not sure they have the remit to make commercial demands on cashflow, but perhaps a change in sporting regs (a ball ache in its own right) could prohibit the promotion of russian owned companies or something. and there’s always the “bringing the sport into disrepute” clauses but given they let certain team bosses get away with that exact offence i doubt they’d activate this clause to exclude a huge investment. i’m not sure if the promoters of the series have commercial demands seperate to sporting regs or not.

so haas will be needing to do this off their own backs. if they’re looking to break the contract i’m sure daddy maz will want the relevant termination fee, plus they’ll need to buy him out if he owns any shares. so not only will there be a big hole in the cashflow on a regular basis they’d have to pony up a lump sum to buy back a share. which potentially breaches financial sanctions in itself.

messy eh.
Isn't Haas F1 ultimately an American entity, in which case Haas would not be able to trade with a Russian entity?
Old 3 Mar 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4101049)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Isn't Haas F1 ultimately an American entity, in which case Haas would not be able to trade with a Russian entity?
Only those specifically mentioned, try pushing a ban on funds from a non-named source and watch how fast you're no longer employed AND facing legal action that would take years to resolve