Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2024, 19:46 (Ref:4212711)   #51
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Russell really needs to improve his wheel to wheel racing. It's his big weakness and has been for several years.

Lewis shows him how its done to pass Piastri a lap later.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 19:53 (Ref:4212716)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Super Max and another good result for Lando Norris and McLaren.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 00:50 (Ref:4212762)   #53
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Changing conditions allowed for some great racing. I think there will be some nice highlight reels from this.

Richard
Old 10 Jun 2024, 03:16 (Ref:4212768)   #54
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
Russell really needs to improve his wheel to wheel racing. It's his big weakness and has been for several years.

I thought George's late pass on Lewis was better than any move that Lewis made over the weekend. A true team leaders don't mess with me move.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 03:55 (Ref:4212773)   #55
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I thought George's late pass on Lewis was better than any move that Lewis made over the weekend. A true team leaders don't mess with me move.
Agree - without wanting to kick Lewis, George really does appear to have the upper hand mentally this year, probably to be expected with Lewis' mental commitment probably a tiny bit less than in the past due to his Ferrari move.

Really enjoyed the race, some good action and liked that Oscar showed himself to be no easy beat with George's first attempt at passing him.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 08:21 (Ref:4212801)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Felt like Dannys jump start was harsh. Car rolled a couple of cm with the vibration of the engine. We've seen a lot worse than that not get penalised.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 09:21 (Ref:4212807)   #57
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Felt like Dannys jump start was harsh. Car rolled a couple of cm with the vibration of the engine. We've seen a lot worse than that not get penalised.
Danny mentioned it was a clutch issue that caused the problem.....
Old 10 Jun 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4212812)   #58
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Aye, but the rule is that if the start sensor is triggered before lights out, it's a slam dunk. No appeals are permitted (I think).

I seem to recall the only time one was rescinded was when the sensor was proven to be faulty.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 10:20 (Ref:4212820)   #59
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I might be wrong, but I am not sure whether the 5 second penalty actually cost DR anything - he served it in the pits under the safety car and from the TV footage it looked like he was all alone when he came out of the pitlane.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 11:45 (Ref:4212835)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I might be wrong, but I am not sure whether the 5 second penalty actually cost DR anything - he served it in the pits under the safety car and from the TV footage it looked like he was all alone when he came out of the pitlane.
Couple of spots. Probably nothing by the end the way it shook out.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 12:49 (Ref:4212847)   #61
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I noticed that Norris’ car had a slightly different sound when it was passing the camera during the race, almost like it was a gearbox whine. Piastri’s car wasn’t making this sound.

Anyone else?
Old 10 Jun 2024, 14:53 (Ref:4212859)   #62
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It was decent, although Ham seemed well off it generally. George was probably determined though, and trying to make up for his errors which basically cost Merc the win, not to mention Toto's "encouraging" words on the radio which must have stung. These are opportunties to stake a claim to a real future team-leading role, and to let them go begging must be worrying.

Both Merc drivers had the car to win. Norris had the car to win. Piastri perhaps had the car to win. Verstappen didn't have the car to win but won fairly comfortably in the end. Pretty unusual all told.

Last edited by peebee2; 10 Jun 2024 at 15:00.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4212863)   #63
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
That was decent, but Russell's attempted pass on Piastri was rash and ill-judged. He was lucky to escape no serioys damage or a penalty. It also cost Russell any chance of getting 1st or 2nd. Russell made numerous mistakes in the race, all of which were when he was battling with other cars

Mercedes had a genuine chance at coming at least 2nd & 3th at this race. Russell was quick to win it.
Old 11 Jun 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4212987)   #64
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I noticed that Norris’ car had a slightly different sound when it was passing the camera during the race, almost like it was a gearbox whine. Piastri’s car wasn’t making this sound.

Anyone else?
I watched the highlights last night and agree that Norris' car sounded different to Piastri's - odd that the two cars sounded so different. Usually a car making a noticeably different noise would indicate an impending mechanical failure but Norris' car didn't seem to have any performance issues as a result of whatever it was.
Old 11 Jun 2024, 08:43 (Ref:4212989)   #65
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I watched the highlights last night and agree that Norris' car sounded different to Piastri's - odd that the two cars sounded so different. Usually a car making a noticeably different noise would indicate an impending mechanical failure but Norris' car didn't seem to have any performance issues as a result of whatever it was.
I've found the whining noise more noticeable lately and am assuming it's the electric motor. (This doesn't explain why team mates cars sound different though).
Old 11 Jun 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4212993)   #66
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

Anyone else?
Was Norris on the radio at the time?

(Just kidding Lando, your voice is a lot deeper than in your Ginetta Junior days!)
Old 11 Jun 2024, 16:29 (Ref:4213027)   #67
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Was Norris on the radio at the time?

(Just kidding Lando, your voice is a lot deeper than in your Ginetta Junior days!)
Hard to believe he's roughly 14-15 yrs old in that video! He looks much younger.

Richard
Old 14 Jun 2024, 00:37 (Ref:4213633)   #68
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Nonsense. He's aggressive and made a solid pass on Hamilton.

Poll and podium but let's talk weaknesses. Mercedes really wasn't faster than the Red Bull or the Mclaren either

Last edited by PanozDP01; 14 Jun 2024 at 00:46.
Old 14 Jun 2024, 08:06 (Ref:4213665)   #69
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post

Poll and podium but let's talk weaknesses. Mercedes really wasn't faster than the Red Bull or the Mclaren either

Canada was his first pole and podium of the season. His best overall result prior to this was is Bahrain, where he qualified 3rd and finished 5th.
Old 14 Jun 2024, 21:27 (Ref:4213815)   #70
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post

Completely ignoring his unnecessary contact with Piastri 5 laps earlier and his various excursions across the grass when under pressure. That is what my post was referring to, not a decent move on his team mate, who of course gave him plenty of room.

And yes, the Mercedes was arguably faster than both. Without mistakes from both drivers then they would have been right up there. Russell really should have been at least 2nd. There were weaknesses and sadly they came from the drivers rather than the car.

Last edited by Beau2; 14 Jun 2024 at 21:33.
Old 15 Jun 2024, 06:30 (Ref:4213849)   #71
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Completely ignoring his unnecessary contact with Piastri 5 laps earlier and his various excursions across the grass when under pressure. That is what my post was referring to, not a decent move on his team mate, who of course gave him plenty of room.

And yes, the Mercedes was arguably faster than both. Without mistakes from both drivers then they would have been right up there. Russell really should have been at least 2nd. There were weaknesses and sadly they came from the drivers rather than the car.
I can 100% assure that is was hardly unnoticed in the team. Not exactly the first time either.
Old 15 Jun 2024, 08:53 (Ref:4213870)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Better to try very hard with the odd error now, than when he is in a truly title contending car again, no?
Old 15 Jun 2024, 11:39 (Ref:4213909)   #73
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Better to try very hard with the odd error now, than when he is in a truly title contending car again, no?
Odd error? It’s continual and consistent. That’s the problem.
Old 15 Jun 2024, 13:10 (Ref:4213929)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Canadian Grand Prix 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Maybe Russell’s biggest weakness is in battle, but I remember another British driver Damon Hill having that problem. And he still won many races and a title
Old 16 Jun 2024, 23:13 (Ref:4215606)   #75
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, Russell goes to water when the pressure is on. Happened plenty of times now.