Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2024, 21:51 (Ref:4213061)   #1026
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Ocon and Russell would have to be the most underwhelming and petulant pairing for the 2025 grid if it happened.
Really why?
Old 11 Jun 2024, 22:15 (Ref:4213066)   #1027
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is his manager actually Toto?

Feel like Toto would have to break Ocon of his best attribute, his aggressive style, in order to make him fit into the Merc team…but would that ruin him as a driver and as a client?

Bit like Flav never actually putting Webber into a Renault?
Old 12 Jun 2024, 04:12 (Ref:4213075)   #1028
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Is his manager actually Toto?

Feel like Toto would have to break Ocon of his best attribute, his aggressive style, in order to make him fit into the Merc team…but would that ruin him as a driver and as a client?

Bit like Flav never actually putting Webber into a Renault?
Lol!!!!

There are some parallels...
Old 21 Jun 2024, 17:46 (Ref:4216316)   #1029
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
reluctant to share this but it seems like its becoming a 'bigger than it should be' story.

apparently someone has sent out a mass email claiming Merc have been sabotaging Ham.

obviously everyone denying, Toto, saying their is a police investigation, Vasseur also addressing how ridiculous the assertion is.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/c...-car-sabotage/

https://twitter.com/wearetherace/sta...68750628732943

i can understand leaving Ham out of 2024 discussions, offering GR first crack at updates and race strategies as the team starts preparing for 2024...but actual sabotage?
Old 21 Jun 2024, 18:16 (Ref:4216321)   #1030
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Some of the die-hard LH fans want to find any excuse for why he's being beaten by Russell. There was similar nonsense flying around the first half of 2022.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 19:46 (Ref:4216327)   #1031
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i can understand leaving Ham out of 2024 discussions, offering GR first crack at updates and race strategies as the team starts preparing for 2024...but actual sabotage?
I think I read something months ago (not too long after Hamilton's move was announced) that Mercedes was being more restrictive on what they share with Hamilton regarding future plans and that is as it should be. But I also agree that there is no reason to actively try to sabotage his results.

This does feel like some type of effort from an unhinged LH fan.

Richard
Old 21 Jun 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4216330)   #1032
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I think I read something months ago (not too long after Hamilton's move was announced) that Mercedes was being more restrictive on what they share with Hamilton regarding future plans and that is as it should be. But I also agree that there is no reason to actively try to sabotage his results.

This does feel like some type of effort from an unhinged LH fan.

Richard

Regarding Russell getting the upgraded front wing first - Shovlin: "Lewis said, if we’re going to start doing this where we haven’t got enough parts, let George run it in Monaco. There will be races in the future where we have a single update, and of course, we just alternate, from here on in. But Lewis actually made that decision quite simple for us.”
Old 21 Jun 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4216331)   #1033
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Mercedes have reported the matter to the police, as well as conducting enquiries themselves in the source of the communications. Wolff confirms that no members of the team are behind the matter.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...mail/10625689/
Old 21 Jun 2024, 20:57 (Ref:4216336)   #1034
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
That’s the part that I found a bit odd/interesting…rather, if you are certain it’s not a team member then why inform the police?

To go after some two bit journalist who makes things up or a fan(atic) who has crossed the line? People make up and stir stuff all the time, will they go to the cops every time from now on?

Mind you I’m not against that, most of the nonsense stuff online is toxic and should be policed better and more certainly more accountability in what’s been said. Impossible I know but kind of good for them making this a police issue.

Not the same thing, but a Spanish court apparently just sentenced a couple of fans for yelling racist crap. Imo a change for the good.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 21:38 (Ref:4216338)   #1035
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
chilli, I think that it was the death element in the messaging that has made up their minds that it needed to be reported. So that, god forbid, an accident happened involving Hamilton, then fingers couldn't be pointed at Mercedes, especially as they had nothing to hide. It's really an insurance policy to cover their backsides!
Old 21 Jun 2024, 21:41 (Ref:4216340)   #1036
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The one bizarre thing is if this has really been sent to the same list as the Horner emails, then that would seem to rule out over-enthusiastic fanboys wouldn’t it?
Old 21 Jun 2024, 21:56 (Ref:4216344)   #1037
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
chilli, I think that it was the death element in the messaging that has made up their minds that it needed to be reported. So that, god forbid, an accident happened involving Hamilton, then fingers couldn't be pointed at Mercedes, especially as they had nothing to hide. It's really an insurance policy to cover their backsides!
didn’t see that part of it.
Old 21 Jun 2024, 23:59 (Ref:4216354)   #1038
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The one bizarre thing is if this has really been sent to the same list as the Horner emails, then that would seem to rule out over-enthusiastic fanboys wouldn’t it?
Why? Are you saying insiders are incapable of being fanatics?

Richarc
Old 22 Jun 2024, 05:43 (Ref:4216371)   #1039
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Only the person who sent the Horner emails and those who received them know the full list, so this is going to be child’s play to work out who sent them.
Old 22 Jun 2024, 10:06 (Ref:4216379)   #1040
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Only the person who sent the Horner emails and those who received them know the full list, so this is going to be child’s play to work out who sent them.
Ooh I really can't wait!!
Old 22 Jun 2024, 11:47 (Ref:4216389)   #1041
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
IMHO, there are two challenges here. First, the Google drive link from the Horner email leaked enough that it became public info. I can imagine that early on some (many) of the recipients likely forwarded the entire email (with distribution list included) to other colleagues, friends and family. Given this was months ago, I expect the number of people who have the eamil distribution list is much larger than you think. And frankly building an accurate list of who has that distribution list might be nearly impossible to do. Second, while I think I read there may be a death threat in the Hamilton email? I don't see there being any serious investigation. I think Toto making a police report is 90% theater to show the accusation is false and Mercedes has nothing to hide.

Richard
Old 22 Jun 2024, 11:49 (Ref:4216390)   #1042
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quite frankly we shouldn’t speculate too much. But it is worrying what Merc have received. Really no tolerance for that sort of thing
Old 26 Jun 2024, 02:51 (Ref:4216937)   #1043
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Ocon and Russell would have to be the most underwhelming and petulant pairing for the 2025 grid if it happened.
I get it. You really dislike George Russell.

Underwhelming. Like that pass he did for the lead in Spain. Had 2 bad pit stops and a bad strategy call. And still finished 4th. In front of a Red Bull, McLaren and both Ferrari's.
Old 26 Jun 2024, 11:49 (Ref:4216951)   #1044
peebee2
Veteran

To be fair to George, it was clear homework had been done with regard to previous Montmelo race starts, and he really capitalised on that.

In contrast, you have to wonder if Lando had done anything similar - from his actions it certainly appeared not.
Old 26 Jun 2024, 22:51 (Ref:4217001)   #1045
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah that race start was cool, one of the better ones I've seen in a while. Always a good rush when you see a car come from way back and shoot around the outside of everyone.
Old 27 Jun 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4217080)   #1046
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, impressive. It took me a moment to realise it wasn't Hamilton! (Less impressive from me).