Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Aug 2024, 03:43 (Ref:4222217)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie I Want My.. I Want My Foxtelllllll…!

A New Parent For Foxtel?

This might get interesting for various sports properties… including V8Supercars.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Aug 2024, 04:44 (Ref:4222219)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A New Parent For Foxtel?

This might get interesting for various sports properties… including V8Supercars.
Just about to renew my subscription too !
Old 14 Aug 2024, 09:43 (Ref:4222714)   #3
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 2 big trends in this area world wide are
-people cutting the cable and moving to streaming options
-nothing besides new drama/comedy series and features and sport drive significant subscriptions
So that means about 80% of Foxtel’s channels (news,documentary,children’s and repeats of old TV series and movies are redundant).So any new buyer would shut them down.They say the pay side of the business is still profitable overall and it is more lucrative on a payment per customer basis but that is not a given in the future.
I wonder who the business that has expressed interest is.An existing streaming or TV business?Telstra?
At least it would have the positive effect of getting Murdoch’s toxic far right “news” channel off the air.Which is on the cards anyway because of the terms of his family trust.
Old 14 Aug 2024, 13:00 (Ref:4222734)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The 2 big trends in this area world wide are
-people cutting the cable and moving to streaming options
-nothing besides new drama/comedy series and features and sport drive significant subscriptions
So that means about 80% of Foxtel’s channels (news,documentary,children’s and repeats of old TV series and movies are redundant).So any new buyer would shut them down.They say the pay side of the business is still profitable overall and it is more lucrative on a payment per customer basis but that is not a given in the future.
I wonder who the business that has expressed interest is.An existing streaming or TV business?Telstra?
At least it would have the positive effect of getting Murdoch’s toxic far right “news” channel off the air.Which is on the cards anyway because of the terms of his family trust.
No cutting for me
Old 14 Aug 2024, 23:10 (Ref:4222777)   #5
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
No cutting for me
Me either but I’ve had it for 25 years so I’m not one of those floating subscribers.
However the world trends are clear.
Old 15 Aug 2024, 04:32 (Ref:4222781)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Me either but I’ve had it for 25 years so I’m not one of those floating subscribers.
However the world trends are clear.
I could get KAYO but wouldnt trust the buffering effect. Maybe thats not an issue now but I know plenty that still do get it. 15 years for me.

Live AFL, Supercars, F1 and Moto GP so im happy, not too mention all my other car and hobby shows on other channels

Have it whilst I can afford it