Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Jun 2024, 18:01 (Ref:4213225)   #376
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have noticed that also, compared to the GT3 and IMSA cars which do seem louder,m why would this be the case for Porsche?
Old 12 Jun 2024, 22:36 (Ref:4213325)   #377
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Its really noticeable at Le Mans how quiet the GT3 cars in WEC spec. You can hardly hear the Porsche on TV.
I’ve been trackside all day and I’m really struggling to warm to them, it’s crazy how quiet some of them are, especially the Porsche.
Old 13 Jun 2024, 00:49 (Ref:4213330)   #378
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I have noticed that also, compared to the GT3 and IMSA cars which do seem louder,m why would this be the case for Porsche?
I haven't heard the ACO spec in person but we know cars have had to change to conform to the WEC spec. The Lexus is said to be a very different car. I don't know what all the differences are though.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 14:39 (Ref:4223414)   #379
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So there could be room for Mercedes to enter LMGT3 in 2025 now. I hope this happens! Do you think it will? If so which team or teams. Perhaps Winward for 1 car and GetSpeed for the other?
Old 22 Aug 2024, 14:49 (Ref:4223417)   #380
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ratel admits he doesn't see the need to add torque sensors like the ACO and now IMSA have.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...re-not-for-us/

Adds cost and doesn't improve closeness of racing in his mind.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 16:55 (Ref:4223433)   #381
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree you him. It probably is best to continue as is for those series.

I also like that WEC and IMSA have and are going to torque sensors.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4223455)   #382
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
He's right, for SRO; torque sensors make no sense. Politically, Ratel will not want to be seen to be following ACO/IMSA's lead when it's been theother way around for the past decade and a half. Economically, he has a significant number of privateer entries who would baulk at the increased cost.

But it's telling that the two GT3 series with the most direct manufacturer involvement have both opted for torque sensors. Politicking in GT3 isn't just about changes to BoP.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 07:59 (Ref:4223497)   #383
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Ratel admits he doesn't see the need to add torque sensors like the ACO and now IMSA have.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...re-not-for-us/

Adds cost and doesn't improve closeness of racing in his mind.
If it ain't broke don't fix it as they say. No practical reason to add it right now
Old 23 Aug 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4223513)   #384
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
He is also trying to keep his series relevant against severe competition now from IMSA WEC and DTM, he has to be different. I can see Sprint dying off actually.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 22:07 (Ref:4223564)   #385
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He is also trying to keep his series relevant against severe competition now from IMSA WEC and DTM, he has to be different. I can see Sprint dying off actually.
I don't think they're in competition at all?

WEC and IMSA the GT3 cars are an addition or in support of the Hypercars with most of the teams being amateurs.
In the primary GT3 series, GTW Endurance and Sprint, they are the main event and the entrants are very serious.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 08:02 (Ref:4223598)   #386
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Not really, a heck of a lot of the teams taking part are pro am, less than in IMSA and WEC but still an aspect of the racing you have the differing categories just as you do in IMSA< but there are more pro only teams taking part.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 11:18 (Ref:4223612)   #387
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Good point there. Each series has it's unique value and this should be no different. This series needs to offer something different to attract others along or there's no point when drivers and teams can easily do those series you mention
Old 24 Aug 2024, 19:02 (Ref:4223662)   #388
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Sprint has always had poor numbers, whereas the endurance SRO events are massive, but Ratel clearly knows that he cannot go silly with them, so keeps them to a minimum.

I think you could perhaps have one more, would love Silverstone but I doubt Pringle would bother
Old 25 Aug 2024, 01:25 (Ref:4223689)   #389
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sprint has always had poor numbers, whereas the endurance SRO events are massive, but Ratel clearly knows that he cannot go silly with them, so keeps them to a minimum.

I think you could perhaps have one more, would love Silverstone but I doubt Pringle would bother
Sprint Series gets the numbers, but they don't get the manufacturer diversity. No Mustangs on the grid at all. Not much representation from Porsche, Ferrari and McLaren. I recall one year I think it was 2022 where 80% of the grid was Audis and Mercedes even though it was about 30 cars.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 04:19 (Ref:4223699)   #390
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not really, a heck of a lot of the teams taking part are pro am, less than in IMSA and WEC but still an aspect of the racing you have the differing categories just as you do in IMSA< but there are more pro only teams taking part.
The driving roster in WEC GT3 is made up of amateurs. IMSA has GT3 'pro' but that is a handful of cars. Yes you can argue about 'manufacturer' involvement but WEC has even restricted which makes are allowed to enter. That's not competition to the SRO series which is open to all makes. There's only one Mustang in GTWCE because there aren't enough cars built yet, and the Corvette is also new. The Lexus and Hondas are old cars

The point I made was that GT3 is a support class in both those series, not the main focus.

DTM amd GTWCE Sprint don't ger the diversity of cars because sprint racing doesn'g suit all of the makes.

Last edited by chunterer; 25 Aug 2024 at 04:26.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 08:30 (Ref:4223716)   #391
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
IMSA has GT3 'pro' but that is a handful of cars.
That's true but still it's better to have a handful of pro cars instead of 0 like in the WEC.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 08:34 (Ref:4223718)   #392
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I agree I think in time you might see GT3LM split like IMSA,