Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2024, 15:40 (Ref:4223783)   #26
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would it have been possible for Hamilton and Russell to be further up if they hadn't gone for the second stop?
Old 25 Aug 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4223823)   #27
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Lando Norris, well deserved.
Totally agree. Just has to sort his starts. Love the gyrocam, gives a different perspective to the whole race and circuit, especially at Zandvoort.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 19:55 (Ref:4223832)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great job by Norris. Just slightly underwhelming by Piastri in comparison. Great drive by Leclerc.
Old 25 Aug 2024, 20:51 (Ref:4223855)   #29
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Poor starts from the two McLarens.

Watching the start I had to wonder if the McLaren clutch system needs revision.Might be bite point or non linear controls,but for both to perform in the same way points to the car,rather than the drivers.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 02:42 (Ref:4223880)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Indeed.... it is odd that someone who took absolutely no part in qualifying actually qualified better than his teamate who reached Q3.....
I think the perspective is that if you were DSQ from qualifying... You in fact did NOT make it to Q3. I think the starting order for them made perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Watching the start I had to wonder if the McLaren clutch system needs revision.Might be bite point or non linear controls,but for both to perform in the same way points to the car,rather than the drivers.
I also wonder if this is an issue with the car (at least this race). It seemed like the reaction times for both McLaren's seemed good, but just didn't get going off the line quick enough. Regardless of whatever might be happening with the car, Lando does need to work to dump the history of not taking full advantage of his pole positions.

Overall, fantastic race for Lando. For me at least, it seems the McLaren has a tendency to wake up after a few laps. My impression is that Lando does a great job of tire management as well. It was crazy that he was still putting in quick laps with such a strong lead. He just motored away from Max. You can say Max was having issues, but then again, he seemed to hold onto second decently well. So kudos to Lando.

Both Sauber cars were two laps down at the finish. Ouch! While we can say that Audi will not be here until 2026, is that really true? At this point Audi fully owns the team and is pulling the strings. And recent senior leadership shakeups were said to be down to Audi not happy with the progress of the team. Audi can't be happy.

Puzzling strategy for Yuki at VCARB. They ran S, M, H and effectively tanked his good qualifying position. Not sure what they were thinking. I think Daniel was on a more realistic strategy.

Hopefully Haas is able to get their cars to Monza OK. It seems like they are saying the check is "in the mail" for Uralkali. Uralkali is gonna check their account status as late as possible Monday to make things hard for Haas. Maybe Gene should have made the payment earlier given he knew he had to do so.

Richard
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:44 (Ref:4223888)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
There was a video I saw on the social media churn of a McLaren rear wheel popping to a different configuration seemingly all on its own whilst sat in the pit lane.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 10:23 (Ref:4223919)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Good race for Mclaren but RB and Mercs will need to ask questions after today
Old 26 Aug 2024, 14:00 (Ref:4223943)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Dutch GP was Verstappen's 200th.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...xYQ1DSoMvYkMlg
Old 26 Aug 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4223951)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

• The top-10 drivers today are all previous race winners for the second race in a row, having never previously happened once in the 74-year history of the world championship.

wow! amazing that its never happened before and now its happened twice in a row!

i wonder if applied to just the top 6 finishers/point scorers, would this still just be the 1st and 2nd time its happened in history?
Old 27 Aug 2024, 09:19 (Ref:4224027)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Almost 10 years ago he did his first laps in free practice during the Japanese GP.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 14:25 (Ref:4224179)   #36
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know if I have seen it mentioned anywhere, but the fireworks as Lando crossed the finish line. There seemed to be a significant amount of resulting smoke. While it was only briefly shown on the live feed, visibility looked pretty sketchy for anyone deeper in the field racing to the finish with the potential for encountering unseen slowing cars after the finish line.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4224197)   #37
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I don't know if I have seen it mentioned anywhere, but the fireworks as Lando crossed the finish line. There seemed to be a significant amount of resulting smoke. While it was only briefly shown on the live feed, visibility looked pretty sketchy for anyone deeper in the field racing to the finish with the potential for encountering unseen slowing cars after the finish line.

Richard

The same thought struck me, I suspect the driver's eye view wasn't as bad as it looked on TV but the view from the camera at the end of the straight looking back to the finish line, well you couldn't really see the line or the cars crossing it.

I think we could cheerfully do without fireworks at a day time race, I can see the point of a post race display for a night race though, but not a good idea to have anything that is likely to affect visibility.

Irony is that the usual clouds of orange smoke from flares in the crowd were absent this year and the organisers managed to shroud the pit straight in smoke all on their own.