Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Aug 2024, 17:17 (Ref:4223970)   #51
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
They haven't tested the car?
Think they said testing was beginning very soon. I mean, you’d really hope so - for as high as it’s priced you really don’t want a string of reliability issues affecting the start of the season.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 18:00 (Ref:4223975)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This junior car baffles me more and more.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 18:07 (Ref:4223977)   #53
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They did do a feature on it during the ITV broadcast.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 21:28 (Ref:4223987)   #54
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
This junior car baffles me more and more.
Why is that?
Old 26 Aug 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4223996)   #55
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
The commentators mentioned Silverstone R2 last year as a similar race to Ingram’s charge yesterday so I rewatched it, and it’s got to be one of the greatest ever BTCC races.

I do miss the ballast which allowed that sort of thing to happen more often, but BTCC races this year are still the best for wheel to wheel action you can find. The Sutton vs Ingram battle for the lead in race two was the highlight of the weekend, I think.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 09:17 (Ref:4224026)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Why is that?
Costs and looks of the car.
Old 27 Aug 2024, 09:26 (Ref:4224029)   #57
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
The Sutton vs Ingram battle for the lead in race two was the highlight of the weekend, I think.
Agreed and without a doubt that was the most exciting weekend of racing this year for me. All three races were edge of seat stuff partly because of the points gaps closing up this late in the season and yeah it was certainly helped by not having option tyres! I really liked how often they kept showing the As It Stands graphic of potential championship positions as it added to the tension.

It was a really nice surprise to see Ash's resurgence in performance as I had started to wonder how much it was the car and how much it was the squishy thing this year, as Tingram would say. Then of course race 3 undid all that progress for him.

To those of you saying 20 points isn't much of a gap at this stage, obviously Sutton would have to be outscoring Tingram and Hill by about 5 points in at least 4 of the remaining 6 races. Given how high up they have consistently been this year, I reckon they would both need another DNF for Ash to win this year!

DeLeon could well be a future star. Poor Rowbo seems to have inherited the luck of Stephen Jelley...
Old 27 Aug 2024, 12:19 (Ref:4224046)   #58
mick bennett
Rookie

England
mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Agreed and without a doubt that was the most exciting weekend of racing this year for me. All three races were edge of seat stuff partly because of the points gaps closing up this late in the season and yeah it was certainly helped by not having option tyres! I really liked how often they kept showing the As It Stands graphic of potential championship positions as it added to the tension.

It was a really nice surprise to see Ash's resurgence in performance as I had started to wonder how much it was the car and how much it was the squishy thing this year, as Tingram would say. Then of course race 3 undid all that progress for him.

To those of you saying 20 points isn't much of a gap at this stage, obviously Sutton would have to be outscoring Tingram and Hill by about 5 points in at least 4 of the remaining 6 races. Given how high up they have consistently been this year, I reckon they would both need another DNF for Ash to win this year!

DeLeon could well be a future star. Poor Rowbo seems to have inherited the luck of Stephen Jelley...

DNF ?? Very simple put Chilton near them, err perhaps not in Ingrams case!!
Old 27 Aug 2024, 20:53 (Ref:4224098)   #59
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's exactly my view on that. Given current Sutton's/NAPA's form and the general way the things are in the BTCC it's near impossible for him to grab pole positions at Silverstone and Brands and add something like 2-3 wins, sprinkled with bonus points for fastest laps and complemented by some podiums. And realistically, that's what he'd need if Ingram and Hill continue their performance they've held so far this season. Is Ash's title possible? Of course it is and BTCC is unpredictable so a lot can happen. But is his title probable? Not really. It takes analysing current form of his rivals and his performance to see that Ash has a steep way to the title. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll turn things around and have a brilliant end of the season,completed by fifth drivers' title but realistically thinking, I'm afraid it's just a tall order.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 07:01 (Ref:4224129)   #60
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 points is just 1st place finish - alternatively a DNF/none points finish from the rivals.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 09:46 (Ref:4224151)   #61
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
20 points is just 1st place finish - alternatively a DNF/none points finish from the rivals.
Further DNFs are possible but not that likely. More often than not this year both Hill and Ingram have been finishing in the top 5 or better. If Sutton gets a win, and a rival gets a podium, that's only a 5 point advantage gained at most (in terms of points for position), although points for pole and fastest lap will help on top of that of course.

If anyone can do it, Sutton can, but all those years rooting for drivers (well, JP usually ) going into the last few races with this sort of a points gap have taught me to think it unlikely.

Last edited by hen henths; 28 Aug 2024 at 10:08.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 09:51 (Ref:4224153)   #62
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
DNF ?? Very simple put Chilton near them, err perhaps not in Ingrams case!!
Yeah I wonder if there will be any penalty for that contact with Sutton or will it be deemed a racing incident?
Old 28 Aug 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4224156)   #63
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Is Ash's title possible? Of course it is and BTCC is unpredictable so a lot can happen. But is his title probable? Not really. It takes analysing current form of his rivals and his performance to see that Ash has a steep way to the title. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll turn things around and have a brilliant end of the season,completed by fifth drivers' title but realistically thinking, I'm afraid it's just a tall order.
Well said. I think my money would be on Tingram getting a second title this year, even though Jake is leading. Whatever happens, it's certainly an exciting end to the season! Shame Turks isn't a bit higher up as well. I hope his recent resurgence continues next year.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4224166)   #64
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well said. I think my money would be on Tingram getting a second title this year, even though Jake is leading. Whatever happens, it's certainly an exciting end to the season! Shame Turks isn't a bit higher up as well. I hope his recent resurgence continues next year.
I really don't think Colin is out of it though, given recent form. It has been a really topsy turvy year, and it feels like the aggression is amping up at the front of the field.

I can completely see a few more shocks, a few more DNFs and a very close end to the season.

Then there is the weather...
Old 28 Aug 2024, 11:47 (Ref:4224167)   #65
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I wonder if there will be any penalty for that contact with Sutton or will it be deemed a racing incident?

He got away with it again apparently
Old 28 Aug 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4224207)   #66
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
He got away with it again apparently
amazing how you seem to know more about who is to blame than even ash sutton himself

ash said in autosport

“We were very unlucky with the slight bit of contact there – it’s just touring cars isn’t it ultimately!” he said. “If there was someone at fault, I would maybe be a little bit more annoyed, but it’s just a racing incident. We were three-wide and got tagged and can’t do much more than that.”