Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 May 2024, 06:59 (Ref:4210139)   #2051
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavloslepaul View Post
Mighty Kolles squad. They are so long here I forgot how they even started, but personally they started to me a bit annoying in recent years. Whole speculations and case around Vanwall name, struggles with engine caused that's the only constructor in WEC which I would really do not miss. Even when Isotta is lacking in a lot of areas they are at least fresh air to the sport, while ByKolles (as personally struggle to called it Vanwall) was a bit boring.
This is literaly the story of Le Mans though. Weird random team of questionable origins, that might not even be a legal company, with no money, taping together a car that blows up in the first hour.

There's no story more true to the majority of Le Mans entries than this.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 02:13 (Ref:4222845)   #2052
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like Kolles got a victory in court over the naming rights to "Vanwall". There's going to be appeals to this verdict, like Colin's team of lawyers appealed the previous. But this looks like a big victory for him whether you agree with the decision or not.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 07:45 (Ref:4222854)   #2053
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In all honesty, the way names are used and reused these days without any real reference to their use of old, I'm wondering if anyone outside the parties concerned was particularly bothered.....
Old 16 Aug 2024, 09:39 (Ref:4222863)   #2054
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I doubt it very much

I liked the car, it looked great and although Kolles is a bit of a special case I always root for the underdog, with some work and a decent driving crew, like the Isotta this car could be a great cheaper alternative to others.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 09:24 (Ref:4223506)   #2055
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know people are going to mock the team but they didnt even have a spot on the grid and still worked on an EVO version of the car, that seems crazy to me.

Maybe next year with IF gone they can get a spot? The car looks good imo.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...endre-la-piste

The electric road car although not my cup of tea looks decent imo too, whether they sell any is a different matter...
Old 23 Aug 2024, 10:05 (Ref:4223512)   #2056
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Again I think the ACO are not interested, they were two years ag to fill the grid, but not now, Lexus with no real history in WEC got a slot instantly because its Toyota and Lexus, AMG will want one, even Porsche are only in GT through third parties, makes you wonder how damn quick a factory 911 would be!!

You also have to factor in, that GT is where the big money is, these are the very rich men who pay for teams, cars and drivers, they HAVE to accommodate that aswell as Hypers, and that is a very important consideration in WEC these days,
Old 23 Aug 2024, 10:51 (Ref:4223516)   #2057
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
even Porsche are only in GT through third parties, makes you wonder how damn quick a factory 911 would be!!
These cars are run by Manthey who are an ex-factory team for Porsche in GTE so that's as close to factory as you can get. Remember in the WEC you can't go full factory in GT3, obligatory Bronze driver and a non-factory team (at least on paper) are necessary. You can only go full factory in the Weathertech championship.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 12:36 (Ref:4223520)   #2058
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And look at how much faster they aren't always in IMSA. but that's a factory shoe in the quick seat, usually
Old 23 Aug 2024, 13:49 (Ref:4223529)   #2059
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I am aware of all this, I was merely making the point!!
Old 24 Aug 2024, 07:54 (Ref:4223596)   #2060
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers crossed, will be nice to have them on the grid next year. With IF gone, let see
Old 24 Aug 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4223619)   #2061
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Kolles needs a new Interserie.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 13:44 (Ref:4223941)   #2062
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nice looking car still. The updates are not immediately noticeable but hopefully they can get their car together and get 2 spots next year.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 14:24 (Ref:4223949)   #2063
tomcug
Veteran

Wouldn't mind seeing that since Glick's hypercar is a dead project now. We need a garagist entry to root for
Old 26 Aug 2024, 15:04 (Ref:4223950)   #2064
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
We need a garagist entry to root for
You have two for a total of four cars, teams Baguette/camembert-beurre are here to satisfy you follish wishes! May be we could ask for a supplément corninchon!
Old 26 Aug 2024, 15:38 (Ref:4223957)   #2065
tomcug
Veteran

Have a little faith in those French cars
Old 30 Aug 2024, 14:06 (Ref:4224439)   #2066
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"***Work has progressed on the Vanwall Vandervell 680 LMH car, which recently completed a rolling wind tunnel test at the Catesby Tunnel Vehicle Test Facility in the UK with its new powerplant from Pipo Moteurs. Tristan Vautier carried out driving duties of the Hypercar.

***Vanwall previously expressed hopes of returning to the WEC grid next year, which could now become a reality depending on the outcome of Isotta Fraschini’s attempt to find a new operational partner. The entries are all subject to the WEC selection committee."

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...y-notebook-11/
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:43 (Ref:4224471)   #2067
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
Great news, I think if they expand the Hypercars to other ACO series these cars like the Vanwall and Isotta might come into their own a little more, but I guess the further down you go the budgets get less and people want to be able to win just as much
Old 30 Aug 2024, 16:52 (Ref:4224473)   #2068
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...endre-la-piste
https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...ristan-vautier