Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Aug 2024, 20:18 (Ref:4224330)   #526
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
That's the equivalent of fitting a five speed gearbox with a four speed gear stick!

Edit - send me the cassette and I'll send back something that will fit.
Thanks for the offer! However, after a forensic investigation into the relative movements of Iain and his bikes we've come to the conclusion that his new son-in-law is currently riding around on an 11-speed 105 bike with a 10-speed Tiagra cassette.

Sounds like it all went wrong when the bikes came back from New Zealand...
Old 30 Aug 2024, 05:55 (Ref:4224380)   #527
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not the first time I have made this error . Anyway my new bike built by “ Cirrus Cycles “ is just brilliant . I have upped my route from 15 miles to 20 now too and from work . Couple of steep hills on the way as well
. Sadly nights are drawing in so I have ordered a winter bike with suspension . Those pesky pot holes bite you sometimes .
Old 2 Sep 2024, 08:40 (Ref:4225206)   #528
Alan Morgan
Veteran

We haven't talked about La Vuelta yet... What a stunning stage yesterday!
Old 2 Sep 2024, 09:58 (Ref:4225214)   #529
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
We haven't talked about La Vuelta yet... What a stunning stage yesterday!
Indeed, Alan, a 'stunning stage', and what a ride by the first three home, Castrillo, Vlasov, and Syvakov. Castrillo's final attack was fantastic, always being able to summon up one more effort when needed, to take his second stage win for an 'invitation' team. Syvakov was heroic, never asking for, or expecting to get any help from the other two, knowing he would loose out at the end. A big jump in the overall is just reward. Roglic did not look quite so dominant, Mas looks as if he has found form, and O'Connor is far from beaten. My personal favourite Carlos Rodriguez lost time, I don't think he likes the very steep climbs, so hopefully he can bounce back in the last, tough week. I am lucky to be able to watch it all live, but it is not doing my fitness much good.
Old 3 Sep 2024, 07:35 (Ref:4225310)   #530
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Yes - I couldn't believe how Castrillo was able to find any acceleration on those gradients. The fact that they emerged from the mist to the line just added to the drama. Castrillo doesn't have the "souplesse" of a van Aert but he's certainly got the power and endurance...
Old 3 Sep 2024, 09:08 (Ref:4225314)   #531
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes - I couldn't believe how Castrillo was able to find any acceleration on those gradients. The fact that they emerged from the mist to the line just added to the drama. Castrillo doesn't have the "souplesse" of a van Aert but he's certainly got the power and endurance...
Signed b INEOS Grenadiers for 2025, he might turn out to be the man they need for the Tours. Thomas retiring, Bernal dos not look like getting back to former self, Pidcock not really looking like a three week man. For a team of their size they are under performing, Can Castrillo be the one?
Old 4 Sep 2024, 10:21 (Ref:4225400)   #532
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Fingers crossed for Wout van Aert to make a speedy recovery. He's had a tough season. My wife and I went across to Flanders to watch him in the Dwars door Vlaanderen earlier this year but he'd had his serious crash before they got to us on the Knokteberg.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 11:39 (Ref:4225403)   #533
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Fingers crossed for Wout van Aert to make a speedy recovery. He's had a tough season. My wife and I went across to Flanders to watch him in the Dwars door Vlaanderen earlier this year but he'd had his serious crash before they got to us on the Knokteberg.
Very sad to watch it all live, the obvious pain, and realisation that it was all over in one blink of e eye. Two jerseys, Green and Polka Dot lost in a flash. If he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

Probably the Mountain jersey would have gone elsewhere eventually, but whoever wins the Points, must feel it is 'second hand'.

O'Connor is hanging on by a thread, but as with Wout, nothing is certain until the last stage is over, Roglic is not looking super strong, and could crack with some very tough stages still to come. Overall it is proving a very interesting race, with a lot of fantastic action on a daily basis. Certainly a lot more watchable than the Giro or Tour, which both were Pogachar demonstrations.

What is your predicted top three finish, Alan?

Mas, Carapaz, O'Connor.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 16:34 (Ref:4225437)   #534
Alan Morgan
Veteran

I still think Roglic will do it if he can stay rubber-side down. I'd agree with Mas and Carapaz though. Mas and the Movistar team have huge motivation in their home race and Carapaz is super-reliable.

I think O'Connor is going to continue to lose time on the big climbs - he's only got 1:46 on Carapaz.

...but hey - what do I know?