Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 2 Sep 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4225267)   #1
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prescott

Afternoon Planning a trip down to Prescott at the weekend. Any advice or tips on where to stand etc?

Thanks.
Old 3 Sep 2024, 05:43 (Ref:4225308)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No one place is better than anywhere else IMO, just a different angle. You can walk to many places on the hill and get a variety of views and see a lot of the track at once. I like it very much.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 3 Sep 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4225368)   #3
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Mate if you want to PM or something I can give you the gen, went last time, is a lovely place, and it is not hugely steep. The paddock is right by the road, and from there you walk uphill in loads of directions to the bank by the first turns and hairpin there is a bridge over to the other side that gets you over to the second hairpin and the later parts of the track where you are under the trees and can get closer and look over the cars. Food is reasonably priced and homemade largely, but at lunch it can be very busy.
Old 6 Sep 2024, 08:16 (Ref:4225546)   #4
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great Venue imho.
We will be there this weekend in the Lola, car #90 in the grassy level of the paddock.
It is a VERY full meeting mainly the top flite British and Midland Championship contenders, about 200 race cars.

Very nice place to wonder around in.

Old 6 Sep 2024, 11:04 (Ref:4225548)   #5
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Thanks Chaps i look forward to it, let's hope the weather is kind!
Old 9 Sep 2024, 17:27 (Ref:4225934)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry, I missed your OP. I’d have suggested a look at this - but you’ve been now. Hope you had a good day. I’ll be doing a report for PistonClick in the next day or so.
http://https://www.pistonclick.com/p...eed-hill-climb
Old 9 Sep 2024, 17:30 (Ref:4225935)   #7
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A good day yesterday despite the rain in the morning. Late lunch and thus later finish is becoming something of a habit though it seems this year. Is the entry just too big or economic necessity ? Aiming to get to Loton Park for the final round at the end of the month (VSCC Prescott the day before for something the same but different).
Old 10 Sep 2024, 07:25 (Ref:4225976)   #8
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was wondering the same Dave, after a day of practice on Saturday did we really need a practice run on Sunday morning, we could have started with time runs on Sunday morning. We would have had a lunch at the "correct" time and finish before the 6pm mark.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 07:30 (Ref:4225977)   #9
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Sorry, I missed your OP. I’d have suggested a look at this - but you’ve been now. Hope you had a good day. I’ll be doing a report for PistonClick in the next day or so.
http://https://www.pistonclick.com/p...eed-hill-climb
Full gallery now here https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBGGw3
Old 10 Sep 2024, 08:04 (Ref:4225979)   #10
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I have no issue whatsoever with the late finish, I am sure some competitors do, but as a spectator it is your choice if you want to stay or have to leave, you have to offer competitors some level of value for money for their day with no practice, some would have two runs in the day that is all. There were a number of incidents as the track dried, notably at the final eft hander that caught out 3 or 4 cars, that probably added an hour to the day.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4226007)   #11
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was competing there.
Some long delay on Sat morning because the marshals could not see each other post to post due to mist(!).
The track was evil, so many (practice day remember) took it easy, so most runs were slow as a consequence.
We did 3 runs which was enough.

Sunday practice is a bonus to the competitors, and was trick again due to overnight heavy rain. I nearly crashed hard on my first timed run, the track was awful and some oil spillage did not help, or having only slicks to use.

The entry was around 20 cars down, it would have been busier!

Some great pics above in dwh's gallery.

On a nice sunny summer dry day, Prescott experience is hard to beat.
Old 10 Sep 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4226013)   #12
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post

Some great pics above in dwh's gallery.

On a nice sunny summer dry day, Prescott experience is hard to beat.
Thanks and you're not wrong - give me Prescott on a sunny day ...
Old 10 Sep 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4226017)   #13
911thillclimber
Veteran

Wrong post!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 22:37 (Ref:4226292)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I was wondering the same Dave, after a day of practice on Saturday did we really need a practice run on Sunday morning, we could have started with time runs on Sunday morning. We would have had a lunch at the "correct" time and finish before the 6pm mark.
I gather the competitors like the extra run. I'm not sure anyone else does, and as a marshal late finishes are an issue.

I heard a competitor saying it was 'dangerous' not having a run on the morning of the practice. I think a few previous champions might disagree with that. No guarantee conditions in the morning will have any bearing on those later in the day in any case.
Old 13 Sep 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4226366)   #15
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
The event is for competitors who pay a large entry fee, for me if you don't like it, don't marshal there, sorry to be harsh but this is a participant and spectator sport, the people who pay the money. We all appreciate officials efforts of course.

You get little enough time as it is on the hills, and this is the major series in the UK.
Old 13 Sep 2024, 20:49 (Ref:4226416)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As marshals we've spent years being told 'if you don't like it, don't come' and when we decide not to, it's a calamity. As competitors you can't safely do what you do without us, we're happy to give our time for free, all we ask is that you don't abuse that goodwill. And we don't mind unavoidable late finishes because of incidents, it's unnecessarily late planned finishes that grind. And remember as competitors, your day is a couple of minutes and some prep time. Our day is 9 hours on your feet concentrating.

Happily, most people understand that and particularly in this branch of the sport there is a good camaraderie between us and the majority of competitors.
Old 13 Sep 2024, 21:34 (Ref:4226424)   #17
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to the venue I couldn't fault it everything was good. The spectating was excellent, the Food in Bugatti Club house very good/fairly priced and the facilities such as the toilets were top notch. The commitment from the top drivers was breathtaking!
We look forward to going again next year.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 12:01 (Ref:4226501)   #18
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
I would say there were quite a few incidents on SUnday compared to a normal hillclimb run off day, the track was tricky, and there was a lot on the line, there were quite a few crashes, that always takes time