Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Sep 2024, 16:34 (Ref:4226544)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's a ridiculous system for RV and trailer guys to get down there to Will Call, at least make a decent loop for guys with big stuff. I had to drive through the guy wire on the pole right out front, thankfully there was someone out at the corner to confirm before I drove down to the side gate
Old 14 Sep 2024, 16:35 (Ref:4226545)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I just assume my ticket is in my digital wallet. It is all kind of magic to me....
Wallet app at the bottom of the app drawer. Only one that wasn't is the program but unless there's a kid who wants it they can keep it
Old 14 Sep 2024, 21:32 (Ref:4226596)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I normally embrace technology, but I always print out my tickets just in case. Something about the thought of not being able to get in because my battery died on my phone or I can't find the link, just doesn't settle well with me.
Im the same, be it boarding passes, tickets, whatever. I like something physical in my hand (yes I know that sounds just wrong but you know what I mean) rather than in some digital device relying on wi-f1, data or battery life.
Old Yesterday, 00:04 (Ref:4227332)   #104
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
I normally embrace technology, but I always print out my tickets just in case. Something about the thought of not being able to get in because my battery died on my phone or I can't find the link, just doesn't settle well with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im the same, be it boarding passes, tickets, whatever. I like something physical in my hand (yes I know that sounds just wrong but you know what I mean) rather than in some digital device relying on wi-f1, data or battery life.
I hate it too, doesn't instill confidence. For example, the past 2 days, my downtown office which has sub par cell service has gone worse and my phone has been reporting no internet but still having phone service. What am I supposed to do with that? I can't access my tickets or whatever else in this scenario.
Old Yesterday, 11:55 (Ref:4227377)   #105
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Hey Luddites, your tickets are stored locally in the Wallet or in the email. Your phone will have the record whether YOU have service or not, all they need is the code and internet on their side. Exactly the same as Delta, United and others apps for boarding passes, save it and the QR generated returns your info and they search it.
Old Yesterday, 13:13 (Ref:4227384)   #106
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Won't do me much good if the phone's battery goes dead. I print the tickets and have a copy for myself and another copy with my wife in case we get separated. One phone won't be in both of our hands if we get separated. She drives the van with the golf cart, and I drive the motorhome.
Old Yesterday, 13:48 (Ref:4227386)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sounds to me like a solution in search of the applicable problem.

FYI most newer systems will not be accepting printed copies due to issues with scammed tickets. Not likely to impact Petit cause who's scamming resale tickets for it but concerts definitely. Yeah, people suck and will sell hot ticket codes multiple times and idiots will buy tickets on FB marketplace and CL cause sure, of course they're not liars
Old Yesterday, 14:04 (Ref:4227387)   #108
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To each his own. I just feel more comfortable having the tickets in as many formats as possible just in case.
Old Yesterday, 17:26 (Ref:4227395)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see the psychological need to have the formats.

I remember the last time my phone had a flat battery. I believe it was 2002.

Old Yesterday, 18:46 (Ref:4227399)   #110
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I remember the last time my phone had a flat battery. I believe it was 2002.

Thats just showing off!
Mind you ever since the 'phone Gods invented power banks I dont recall having had a flat battery on lap top or 'phone.
Old Yesterday, 20:53 (Ref:4227409)   #111
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
I'm a redundancy kind of guy. I take my phone, and I have a printed copy of the QR code sheet. I see no problem with doing so. Less risk of issues and better peace of mind. I do the same with everything I feel is important. The MH currently has two Dish network receivers, two dish outdoors antenna, two T-Mobile hotspots and two kegs of beer. Pretty much covers it all.