Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old Today, 16:36 (Ref:4227853)   #1001
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that so far no crashes despite bad conditions. All yellows were for cars stopped on track or stuck somewhere.
Old Today, 16:36 (Ref:4227854)   #1002
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Le Mans weather replica ??? Or Watkins Glen.
Old Today, 16:37 (Ref:4227855)   #1003
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Interesting that so far no crashes despite bad conditions. All yellows were for cars stopped on track or stuck somewhere.
Didn’t the Lexus hit the wall? It was parked there, might just have broke, but there were bits of car behind it.
Old Today, 16:38 (Ref:4227856)   #1004
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hoping it gets the rain racing out of the way so that the Petit will be clear.
Old Today, 16:48 (Ref:4227860)   #1005
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Last stupid question for tonight. Did I see the race number changing when the car is pitted?
Old Today, 16:48 (Ref:4227861)   #1006
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Didn’t the Lexus hit the wall? It was parked there, might just have broke, but there were bits of car behind it.
Not sure, there was some damage to the rear of the car with pieces of bodywork left on track but didn't see it hit the wall on replay, just the car going slow close to the wall before stopping. Someone could have hit it from behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Last stupid question for tonight. Did I see the race number changing when the car is pitted?
What number do you mean there exactly?
Old Today, 16:52 (Ref:4227864)   #1007
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The race number on the side. Was showing several different ones like a countdown.
Old Today, 16:54 (Ref:4227866)   #1008
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I see a Spaniard just joined the group. Welcome EB. Back to Aus?
Old Today, 16:55 (Ref:4227867)   #1009
tomcug
Veteran

It's a timer for pit time, extra display that WEC cars don't have When car isn't in the pits, it shows the position in class.
Old Today, 17:04 (Ref:4227871)   #1010
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
It's a timer for pit time, extra display that WEC cars don't have When car isn't in the pits, it shows the position in class.
Thanks you so much. What a relief, I'm neither drunk nor insane. So far!
I don't think they've rightly put the Stang bonnet (is it bonnet there?).
Old Today, 17:14 (Ref:4227875)   #1011
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Watta swing, my dear…
Old Today, 17:15 (Ref:4227876)   #1012
tomcug
Veteran

Looks like Adam was right and that Lexus did hit the wall, they just showed another replay.
Quote:
I don't think they've rightly put the Stang bonnet (is it bonnet there?).
They had some issues reattaching it indeed but looked ok when the car was still running. Now back to the garage (the 65).
Old Today, 17:24 (Ref:4227879)   #1013
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
French commentators team talking about Genesis, premises close to Signes zone near Paul Ricard track to be built (close to Oreca actual and future buildings). Not everything makes sense but let's see.
Old Today, 17:25 (Ref:4227881)   #1014
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I see a Spaniard just joined the group. Welcome EB. Back to Aus?
Gracias Señor
Crikey, cant do anything here without being rumbled! Yes back home lunchtime today.
Left Mum's in Spain Friday lunchtime so as some might say "Im a bit cream-crackered". Still adapting. Jumped into my car this evening to go to the supermarket then realised someone had stolen my steering wheel. I had jumped in the passenger side.

Seems to be a little moist in Indiana. At least they are circulating.
Old Today, 17:33 (Ref:4227882)   #1015
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Still adapting. Jumped into my car this evening to go to the supermarket then realised someone had stolen my steering wheel. I had jumped in the passenger side.
Old Today, 17:40 (Ref:4227883)   #1016
tomcug
Veteran

Multiple DTs in LMP2 for "unauthorized class split"
Old Today, 17:40 (Ref:4227885)   #1017
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes!!! Almost all have been caught.
Old Today, 17:41 (Ref:4227886)   #1018
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apart from the Porsche at the front everyone is about 15s off their best lap time.

Interception! Oh, sorry, wrong sport.

This is a bit late, sorry. Hour 1 with practice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMSA_2024_8_Indianapolis_shesellswholemeeting.png  
Old Today, 17:43 (Ref:4227887)   #1019
tomcug
Veteran

Grosjean up to P2!
Old Today, 17:43 (Ref:4227888)   #1020
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Ferrari needs some suspension settings redone.
Old Today, 17:43 (Ref:4227889)   #1021
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Go Grosjean!
Old Today, 17:44 (Ref:4227890)   #1022
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bourdais-Grosjean battle coming! Done !!!
Old Today, 17:46 (Ref:4227891)   #1023
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The frog feels happy in these conditions.
Old Today, 17:46 (Ref:4227892)   #1024
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The frog feels happy in these conditions.
Old Today, 17:52 (Ref:4227893)   #1025
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The race number on the side. Was showing several different ones like a countdown.
In our local V8 Supercars they have a new system this year using digital numbers on the front screen which used to be the car number. Now it is used for overall position so say in an endurance race you can tell a car's overall position, those on the lead lap etc. They can be programmed for other purposes though. From the Supercars website:

Quote:
The LED Panels are programmed to provide a variety of in-race information.

Notably, information can be relayed to spectators, officials and timekeepers.

Panels can display car number, in-session position, pit stop time, and even a code for the driver’s name.