Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old Today, 10:34 (Ref:4229051)   #601
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have no issue with people using colourful language, all the FIA are worried about are sponsors and shareholders and tv companies, the people that pay for everything basically, I am sure most fans could not give the slightest toss about a diver swearing.

I do have a problem with tv people apologising to me about it, it is not their fault they are not responsible for what people say, OK they are the broadcaster but why apologise to me for another person swearing it is beyond ridiculous and always has been in my eyes. You cannot CONTROL their life any more than you can control mine so why apologise.

Oddly the tv people seem less than concerned about broadcasting team radio with swearing bleeped out, which is basically a kop out anyway to make sure nobody complains to them when it is blatantly obvious what has been said, they seem less then concerned about showing that ON SCREEN in text format.

Yet when a drivers messes up and does it live he has to be treated like he has committed a heinous crime. Double standards for me too there.