Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old Yesterday, 07:16 (Ref:4229937)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Equipe Classic Racing 6hrs of Donington

Details here:

https://equipeclassicracing.com/6hour/

Quote:
The Equipe 6 Hour race offers owners of a wide variety of pre-1966 Sports & GT cars the opportunity to enjoy the close racing and paddock camaraderie that Equipe is known for. Eligible cars range from Cobras to Mini Coopers – with Lotus Elan, Ginetta, Mustang and Cortina and many others also permitted as well as all the cars from Equipe GTS, Pre’63 and 50s and is open to drivers and teams from the UK & Europe.
Old Today, 14:15 (Ref:4230129)   #2
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Peter
As I said in the original Spa 6 hours thread, a small group of us in Castle Donington are looking at entering this and are investigating car options. An MGB looks favourite for all the obvious reasons - cost, ease of running etc.
We will probably buy between us as a collective - we did something similar for the first Citroen C1 24 hour race. There are difficulties in doing things this way in terms of shared commitment and decision making etc but we made it work last time.
Whilst we have experience of the C1, and I have experience of a couple of 360mrc races, none of us have experience of a proper “historic endurance race” so it will be something of a challenge, and we will just be aiming to finish.
Driving experience varies from Caterhams to MG Midgets, TR7V8 and Morgan’s, although none of us have driven on “historic” tyres. Old tyres, yes, but not historics!
Most of us are also used to the basic regs in CSCC and not the intricacies of Appx K.
We will see, it might not happen yet as if one person waivers, the project waivers but I hope to be there.
Old Today, 17:35 (Ref:4230153)   #3
MikeL
Rookie

MikeL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the things mentioned by Equipe is that if oversubscribed they will give priority to entrants/drivers who are already registered with them.

Having raced with Equipe for three years I know that that they have hundreds of drivers registered, for one routine GTS race last year I was on the grid with 59 others! Unlike others, Equipe never seem to struggle for grids.

I'm sure that their six hour event is going to be very popular and hence some people will end up disappointed. If you are putting together a team perhaps one way of getting on the grid would be having at least one person in the team who is already Equipe registered and have that driver put in your entry.

I would also add that I find Equipe excellent, their pre and post race communications are very good, likewise organisation on race days and John and Rob are both really top guys who all round put on great events.
Old Today, 17:46 (Ref:4230154)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worth not8ng that the race coincides with the Le Mans Classic so arguably, the big bangers and the "professional" drivers will be in France.

Reading the regs, it seems that all professional teams will not be permitted so pro am teams only.

I do have a car that qualifies if anyone is interested.

Tags
historic motorsport