Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old Today, 08:27 (Ref:4231033)   #626
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I remember correctly, Hill almost disappeared into the lake at that meeting when he had his off in the Cortina.
Old Today, 09:15 (Ref:4231042)   #627
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few from the FISCAR race at the Bentley Driver's Club meeting - Silverstone 10th August.
Attached Thumbnails
BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (1781)-Enhanced-NR.jpg   BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (1827)-2.jpg   BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (1837).jpg  

BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (1929).jpg   BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (2034).jpg   BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (2041).jpg  

Old Today, 09:16 (Ref:4231043)   #628
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And a couple more:
Attached Thumbnails
BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (2046).jpg   BDC 2024 FISCAR Race (2052).jpg  
Old Today, 10:27 (Ref:4231052)   #629
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
A few from the FISCAR race at the Bentley Driver's Club meeting - Silverstone 10th August.
Nice pics there. I particularly like the Sunbeam Alpine. Of all the brit/yank hybrids of the 1960s I thought the Tiger was better looking than the Griffith and Cobra ( though may be the Egal matched it). The Tiger lacked the necessary oomph until they replaced the 4.2 unit with the 4.7.
Old Today, 10:30 (Ref:4231053)   #630
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Good work GCC. I must admit I went also to Touringcars.net and identified the same 1967 GC meeting as a likely culprit given it was the only (Oulton) meeting I found that had the full mix of Alfa, Falcon Sprints, Mustangs and Lotus Cortinas. I was however then thwarted as the page on TC.net I was on had the Alfa listed as #5, and I couldnt clearly read the #120 on the Falcon Sprint, though it looked like it had a likely Mann livery.. Other cars numbers were not shown on the page I visited so it went, after a detour to check the 1967 TT as Oulton Park in May, into the too hard basket!
Like you I went on to the touringcars.net site but couldn't make the comp. numbers tie up for 1967 so I thought it may have been another Group5 race at Oulton but not counting for the BSCC.
Old Today, 10:52 (Ref:4231057)   #631
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Nice pics there. I particularly like the Sunbeam Alpine. Of all the brit/yank hybrids of the 1960s I thought the Tiger was better looking than the Griffith and Cobra ( though may be the Egal matched it). The Tiger lacked the necessary oomph until they replaced the 4.2 unit with the 4.7.
Thanks, I wasn't that keen on the Alpine when I were a lad but the design tends to grow on one. The Tiger OTH was quite a beast and I think it was based on the later (small rear wings) shell.

Incidentally, John T of this parish produces a very comprehensive report on his FISCAR races. He covers the drivers and the cars and associated history. Worth reading if researching the various models.