Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Yesterday, 21:34 (Ref:4231003)   #351
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
May be one to watch, but MB Partners have just announced LKQ Euro Parts as a Partner going forward. Could we see a change in sponsorship or supported driver(s) for next season?
MB Partners is a separate business to MB Motorsport. Thus MBP's partnership with LKQ has got nothing to do with, and will not affect, MB Motorsport's BTCC affairs.
Old Yesterday, 21:35 (Ref:4231004)   #352
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
They seem to have a record of "taking" Moffat's sponsors if LKQ do move to MB partners
What "record" is that?
Old Yesterday, 22:15 (Ref:4231006)   #353
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
What "record" is that?
Presumably when Laser moved over to MB from Moffat
Old Today, 07:04 (Ref:4231027)   #354
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably want a bit more expertise behind their promo efforts with Napa dominating everyone's eyeballs.
Old Today, 08:15 (Ref:4231031)   #355
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Probably want a bit more expertise behind their promo efforts with Napa dominating everyone's eyeballs.
MBP's partnership with LKQ has got nothing to do with, and will not affect, MB Motorsport's BTCC affairs.
Old Today, 09:44 (Ref:4231045)   #356
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
MBP's partnership with LKQ has got nothing to do with, and will not affect, MB Motorsport's BTCC affairs.
But Craner Curves could be right there. MBP is a marketing arm, so Caner's post about it being part of a strategy to move eyeballs from their rivals away from NAPA is naturally part of that. BTCC or not.
Old Today, 10:03 (Ref:4231047)   #357
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Who do you think goes and gets the sponsorship for mb motorsport ? The two are very much linked. It even shouts about it on their website.
Old Today, 10:22 (Ref:4231050)   #358
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In 2022, LKQ partnered with Laser Tools as part of the Team HARD entry.

For 2023, Laser Tools moved to MB Motorsport as part of Jake Hill's entry.
In the meantime, LKQ entered into a 2-year partnership with One Motorsport.

Since that time, LKQ has seen their former partner go on to receive the exposure that comes with a BTCC title, whereas they moved to Speedworks (after One Motorsport's withdrawal).

MB Partners already works with Andrew Watson and Howdens on the other side of the Speedworks Garage, and so it would make sense for LKQ to want to partner with MBP as well.
Old Today, 10:25 (Ref:4231051)   #359
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Who do you think goes and gets the sponsorship for mb motorsport ? The two are very much linked. It even shouts about it on their website.
Just because MBM has sponsorship provided through MBP, that doesn't mean that all of MBP's partners will sponsor MBM.

Take Howden's for example. An MBP Partner, but not on the MBM Car.
Old Today, 10:32 (Ref:4231054)   #360
coffinpilot
Veteran

The chances are that Alex Watts is the MBP account manager for the MBP/LKQ deal. He's the guy who has effectively pulled together and managed all the deals that puts Jake Hill on the grid and some for Andrew Watson.
Simon Hill was offering up lots of praise when I asked him earlier this year about how they managed to pull Laser Tools 'out of retirement.' He said for a someone who hadn't at that point reached 30 years old, he was just a genius in marketing strategy.
If he is the managing director of MBP and in a similar role with MB Motorsport, including Andrew Watson, then he's certainly been in the same eco-system, hence the partnership with MB.

I haven't seen the release, if anyone has a link?
Could there just be more of a hospitality and engagement change on race weekends? A better marketing activation surrounding their BTCC involvement, after all MBP is a sports marketing agency, it would make sense when you look at the team behind the NAPA marketing for the last three seasons and what they've done. Its something LKQ needs mind, I don't notice so many Euro Car Parts vans and lorries on the roads these days, but NAPA, there's loads of them. It all counts!
Old Today, 10:47 (Ref:4231055)   #361
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I haven't seen the release, if anyone has a link?
https://www.wearembp.com/news/mbp-we...tner-programme
Old Today, 10:56 (Ref:4231058)   #362
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I don't notice so many Euro Car Parts vans and lorries on the roads these days, but NAPA, there's loads of them. It all counts!
Depends where you are I think. I see numerous Euro Car Parts vans, with LKQ logos on the road every day, but I've only ever seen 1 or 2 NAPA vans.
Old Today, 10:57 (Ref:4231059)   #363
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Thanks CRMalcolm.

Got to say this quote makes it sound like it's just a boost to the current team. 'From Strength to Strength' doesn't sound like they're putting Andrew Watson in a LKQ WSR BMW. Comes across as a kick in the backside to level up with NAPA via Speedworks.

Commenting on the announcement LKQ Euro Car Parts Group Marketing Director, Colin Cottrell, said:

*“As our LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQ British Touring Car team goes from strength to strength, we’re excited to continue building our profile in the sporting world. We’ve heard great things about the MBP Official Partner Programme and are confident that joining will allow us to foster relationships with existing partners and develop new connections across the sporting network and beyond.”
Old Today, 11:40 (Ref:4231060)   #364
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of Aiden's comments this year went down like a lead balloon with both the team and sponsors.

Justified or not he's burnt some important bridges which would haven't helped him stay in the BTCC next year.
Old Today, 12:53 (Ref:4231065)   #365
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In 2022, LKQ partnered with Laser Tools as part of the Team HARD entry.
Laser Tools did not "partner" with LKQ. At that time the secondary (as opposed to title sponsor) was Synetic. LKQ were a very minor sponsor at that time.
Old Today, 13:05 (Ref:4231069)   #366
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Laser Tools did not "partner" with LKQ. At that time the secondary (as opposed to title sponsor) was Synetic. LKQ were a very minor sponsor at that time.
Colin Cottrell, Marketing Director at LKQ Euro Car Parts, said: "Our partnerships with Laser Tools Racing and Team HARD. and their talented drivers are part of our ongoing commitment to supporting BTCC"

Bob Moffat, Team Principal of Laser Tools Racing, added: "It’s fantastic to be backed by LKQ Euro Car Parts for the BTCC 2022 season."

One of the cars was entered as 'UptonSteel with Euro Car Parts Racing' (which coincidentally also had Howdens on the bonnet) with the Laser Tools cars also running LKQ branding (admittedly as a minor sponsor).

It is this relationship that I was drawing attention to and the subsequent relationships between Laser, Howdens and MB Partners. The scale of their sponsorship is not really relevant, but more of how they will have observed those other brands' profiles in the following two years.
Old Today, 13:18 (Ref:4231071)   #367
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if HARD will continue? Times have changed. Teams need a good package to compete in the series. I wonder also if MB Partners might fancy a change, a new challenge?
Old Today, 13:43 (Ref:4231077)   #368
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder if HARD will continue?
I thought they had folded?
Old Today, 16:29 (Ref:4231089)   #369
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR interview with Dick Bennetts on Facebook where he says two 2-car teams for next year. So presumably two under the MB banner then.

And when asked about drivers, “two of them will be the same” as this year.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00063594548957

Last edited by Evantra; Today at 16:36.
Old Today, 16:40 (Ref:4231091)   #370
tee.1s
Rookie

tee.1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
WSR interview with Dick Bennetts on Facebook where he says two 2-car teams for next year. So presumably two under the MB banner then.

"Adam's car did a whole season with one engine"-Now that's impressive reliability from WSR/BMW!
Old Today, 16:41 (Ref:4231092)   #371
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

So that's Jake and Colin back and time to speculate on the other 2... Watson surely with the MB connection and Bobby T if Dick is only describing the Zeus debacle as a hiccup?
Old Today, 16:50 (Ref:4231093)   #372
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I’d love to see Jordan back though I understand the chances of that are almost zero.
Old Today, 17:33 (Ref:4231098)   #373
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.1s View Post
"Adam's car did a whole season with one engine"-Now that's impressive reliability from WSR/BMW!
The way the rules are designed this is supposed to be the case. RPMs and boost pressures are run way lower than the engines are capable of, which greatly enhance longevity and reliability.
Old Today, 18:32 (Ref:4231104)   #374
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
So that's Jake and Colin back and time to speculate on the other 2... Watson surely with the MB connection and Bobby T if Dick is only describing the Zeus debacle as a hiccup?
I'd love to see Jake and Bobby as team mates, that would produce some fireworks!
Old Today, 18:50 (Ref:4231105)   #375
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'd love to see Jake and Bobby as team mates, that would produce some fireworks!

Doubt it would happen. I’m sure Jake will very much be in demand now. Bobby’s most realistic hope is with WSR