Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2024, 08:10 (Ref:4230858)   #451
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyway, about Alpine or Alpeen...
Old 13 Oct 2024, 14:53 (Ref:4230884)   #452
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the same sound!
Old 13 Oct 2024, 15:36 (Ref:4230885)   #453
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
What about Mexicans first then Argentines?
....and the Aussies. Particularly in the F1 threads.
Old 13 Oct 2024, 15:40 (Ref:4230886)   #454
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's where I live. Loughborough. Not Lowburrow. Or Luffburruff. Or Lowbrow. Loughborough. See? It's not too hard, is it?
Whilst we are ridiculing English names what about Slaithwaite (pronounced locally as Slow (as in cow) it. Also Cholmondley pronounced Chumley.
Old 14 Oct 2024, 13:39 (Ref:4230967)   #455
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That's the same sound!
The doggie brand here was always referred to as Al-pine not Alpeen
#CANCERSUCKS
Old Yesterday, 17:33 (Ref:4231096)   #456
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
My apologies for posting about relevant matter to this thread

Joe Saward's latest green notebook includes mention that he's heard from a good source that GM has bought the IP to the Renault 2026 PU. Maybe someone from GM was reading this thread?
Old Yesterday, 21:07 (Ref:4231124)   #457
Richard C
Veteran

United States
Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
My apologies for posting about relevant matter to this thread
Well, we can always jump back off topic at any time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Joe Saward's latest green notebook includes mention that he's heard from a good source that GM has bought the IP to the Renault 2026 PU. Maybe someone from GM was reading this thread?
That is interesting. It would make sense if Renault has no desire to move forward, the value of that IP would degrade over time. So now is the time to sell it to someone. Conversely GM would need to do something with it for the purchase to make sense. Hmmm.

Also in his article, he calls out that the team is not for sale now. Which aligns with comments Luca de Meo has said. Joe says that after 2026 however it might be sold to the highest bidder. And I think that also makes sense given 2026 will be under the new Concorde agreement which should see the high value locked in (maybe even increased) with high entry costs for a new team. See my earlier comments (post from the 10th) about de Meo treating the team as an investment vs. a racing team.

Unrelated to Alpine, it is interesting that there is the potential that Sauber/Audi could be bought. That there seems to remain consistent doubt as to commitment by VW. He spins a tail of sale to unnamed Qatari entity due to Qatari having 17% ownership in VW, but I think that is a stretch. Porsche family owns controlling interest in VW and I expect if they want to be in F1 they will be in F1. And any potential sale will be to appropriate bidder regardless if it is related to Qatari instrest in VW or not.

Richard
Old Today, 14:16 (Ref:4231194)   #458
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Whilst we are ridiculing English names what about Slaithwaite (pronounced locally as Slow (as in cow) it. Also Cholmondley pronounced Chumley.
There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger and neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
English muffins weren't invented in England nor French fries in France. And Chinese gooseberries
aren’t from China.
Sweetmeats are sweet while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
Quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?
If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
Should we say ‘scone’ as ‘own’ or as ‘gone’?
Why do we refer to a pair of spectacles or of trousers when there is only one?
Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend?
If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?
If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
Why do people recite in a play and play in a recital?
Ship by lorry and send cargo by ship?
Have noses that run and feet that smell?
How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
A house burns up as it burns down, you fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm goes off by going on.
When stars are out, they are visible, but when lights are out they are invisible.
I was taught ‘i before e except after c’. So why do I write Neil, neither, deity, science and cierge?
If a piano player is a pianist, is a racing car driver a racist?
Why do we talk about a ‘building’ when it has already been built?
Old Today, 15:09 (Ref:4231199)   #459
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger and neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
English muffins weren't invented in England nor French fries in France. And Chinese gooseberries
aren’t from China.
Sweetmeats are sweet while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
Quicksand works slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
And why is it that writers write but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce and hammers don't ham?
If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth?
One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
Should we say ‘scone’ as ‘own’ or as ‘gone’?
Why do we refer to a pair of spectacles or of trousers when there is only one?
Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend?
If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?
If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
Why do people recite in a play and play in a recital?
Ship by lorry and send cargo by ship?
Have noses that run and feet that smell?
How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?
A house burns up as it burns down, you fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm goes off by going on.
When stars are out, they are visible, but when lights are out they are invisible.
I was taught ‘i before e except after c’. So why do I write Neil, neither, deity, science and cierge?
If a piano player is a pianist, is a racing car driver a racist?
Why do we talk about a ‘building’ when it has already been built?

''You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.'' - Stan Laurel, from the 1930 Laurel and Hardy movie 'Brats'.