Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old Today, 09:35 (Ref:4232719)   #3476
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I have not seen enough of Danica to know what she is like as a pundit really, Jenson is a bit grey as are most ex drivers, the best was Villeneuve!! Stirred it right up,. but we all know why!! I have seen Nico be excellent at times, but Hill, Chandhok, Davidson, all bland and just going through the motions, as they are probably told to.
It appears we value different things in our presenters, which will be why we have such opposite opinions on things.

I'm looking for decently well presented facts and information. You are wanting entertainment.
Old Today, 10:02 (Ref:4232723)   #3477
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I have just watched a few sort of 10 minute reviews etc. I really think people give Danica a hard time. You have to look at the bigger picture here. The sport is owned by America now, Sky is by far the biggest outlet for F1 globally, SHE is American, she is a woman, she has competed at a very high level and unlike plenty of other female presenters she has driven in very competitive series and in Indy terms won a race that was not lucky or gifted. She is about as close as it gets to an ex female F1 driver. And as far as it goes she looks great, she can present, she can speak well. These are all factors in modern sports presenting. Regardless of knowledge, experience.

As far as you say Akrapovic you are right to some degree, if I am paying that much money ( I am not and never will) to watch a sport I want to be both entertained and informed, do I find Croft entertaining? No, he is simply annoying, fake and has too much ego. I personally would give the host role to Pinkers, she can do it well, she has been in there for years now. I would lose Croft, Button, Davidson and the two SKY people is it Rachel and the Scottish guy, totally unnecessary. Streamline it, it only needs a few people.
Old Today, 10:13 (Ref:4232727)   #3478
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ant Davidson isn't paid to be entertaining, he's paid to be the excellent analyst that he is. Dispassionate, unbiased, highly experienced as both a driver and pundit.

Karun Chandok is a walking motorsport encyclopaedia. The reason he's so enthusiastic is that he just loves the sport, in any form, and he brings that along in everything he does. Bland he most definitely is not!

Rachel (Brookes) and the Scottish guy (Craig Slater) are both sports reporters. They do vastly more off camera than on, and without them the various shows would be a shadow of what they are.

We get it, you don't like the coverage. That's fine, there's no law against it, but for the love of the forum would you please stop demanding people justify why they do like things? You're beginning to sound like the stereotypical bloke who sits at the bar in your local, telling everyone who orders something why they shouldn't. It's tedious.
Old Today, 10:37 (Ref:4232730)   #3479
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that Rachael Brookes and Craig Slater are "proper" news reporters adds massively to the coverage. It is a live sports news event, the presentation team are there to present the facts and explain what is happening, something that Ant D and Karun are also excelelnt at, especially as both competed for many years in the upper levels of the sport.

What doesn't add to the coverage, in my opinion, is the "Village idiot" act presenters, eg Kravitz, and before he was removed Johnny Herbert.
Old Today, 19:33 (Ref:4232825)   #3480
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I did not say I did not like the coverage. You did that I think. I am merely pointing out that you could easily lose a considerable number of them and miss very little from the footage. There are not many teams, most of the stuff they get is from PR people, do you really need two news reporters?

Do we really need 4 or 5 people to analyse every aspect of the race? I know there are a lot of hours of coverage at each race and the crew sort of come in and out with various other responsibilities, but it does seem rather tv person heavy does it not?

Interestingly Kravitz has been in the F1 pitlane for well over 20 years, why is he a village idiot, I really so no issue with him!! Herbert I could see why he was gone, but for certain fun aspects of the overall coverage they had he was a good addition, but they seemed to have moved into a more heavy, news based version of their coverage.
Old Today, 22:00 (Ref:4232845)   #3481
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Ant Davidson isn't paid to be entertaining, he's paid to be the excellent analyst that he is. Dispassionate, unbiased, highly experienced as both a driver and pundit.

Karun Chandok is a walking motorsport encyclopaedia. The reason he's so enthusiastic is that he just loves the sport, in any form, and he brings that along in everything he does. Bland he most definitely is not!

Rachel (Brookes) and the Scottish guy (Craig Slater) are both sports reporters. They do vastly more off camera than on, and without them the various shows would be a shadow of what they are.

We get it, you don't like the coverage. That's fine, there's no law against it, but for the love of the forum would you please stop demanding people justify why they do like things? You're beginning to sound like the stereotypical bloke who sits at the bar in your local, telling everyone who orders something why they shouldn't. It's tedious.
Brilliant
Old Today, 22:03 (Ref:4232847)   #3482
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I have just watched a few sort of 10 minute reviews etc. I really think people give Danica a hard time. You have to look at the bigger picture here. The sport is owned by America now, Sky is by far the biggest outlet for F1 globally, SHE is American, she is a woman, she has competed at a very high level and unlike plenty of other female presenters she has driven in very competitive series and in Indy terms won a race that was not lucky or gifted. She is about as close as it gets to an ex female F1 driver. And as far as it goes she looks great, she can present, she can speak well. These are all factors in modern sports presenting. Regardless of knowledge, experience.
So you like Danica because she's hot.

That's all well and good, you do you, but what matters for F1 presenters is what comes out of her mouth, which more often than not is drivel.

We have a female ex-racer and if that's what's important to you, attractive too - already in Naomi Schiff.

Tags
pinks