Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Oct 2000, 16:35 (Ref:45591)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well guys, things are in motion to turn to Improved Production further towards a professional class. Well at least a lot more professional than it has been. We are on the eve of turning the racing team I am a member of into a much more organised and effective unit. We have taken several steps to make certain we are going to be on the podium at every circuit next year. Firstly we all know that in this category it isn't always the person who spend the most money who wins. It is the people who spend the most money in the best areas that do. So to make sure we don't go over board in some areas and have to skimp in others, we have gone into meetings and general discussion times, where we have decided to register a business name for the team itself, not just individuals who have our own separate companies. For example, I have Minsco Motorsport, SSR, BRM Technologies all working on my car. So what I have decided to do is register a name and pay them all a wage from that budget. We are also set to launch a personal website which has been confirmed to be linked to a lot larger sites. Which will run feeds to footage of our races, and test sessions. We are also going to run a lot leaner and a lot smarter to keep sponsors happy, and to keep me in a seat. hehehe. Because of my sponsorship and connections into Kinchrome tools, We are going to become a lot more self sufficient with two large tool boxes, two large rollercabs two fairly industrial air compressors, and as much stuff as I can stockpile on the way from the Kinchrome factory. We have also got two in-car cameras and a microphone for test sessions, and just the one camera for race weekends. The two will provide extra feedback which is necessary for our team to constantly move forward. With two cameras we can run one from behind the driver (this has already been tested by us and proved extremely effective) which shows gear changes half the steering wheel, the drivers eyes in the rear vision mirror, and the entire track through the windscreen. And the other camera watching the computer's hand controller to allow for better tuning, gear changes and foot movements for the drivers benefit. The mic will allow for the driver to give feedback at the time of an event. For example if there is understeer, oversteer etc. the driver can make a comment at the time and then review it with the team when back at the pits or later at the end of the day. This allows for a lot clearer communication between the driver and the engineer/mechanics. As some things will slip the mind of a driver especially if it happens at the start of the race or just anytime really. You are concentrating that hard in the seat about what is coming up next that what happened two laps earlier can often slip your mind.

We have also looked into new designs for a more light weight vehicle with a new engine being built for it, and maybe even a change to a new shell for next season, where we can iron out any bad moves from the current vehicle.

The car itself is every bit a winner and capable of winning the nationals and the state championship as my Dad's second at the last Phillip Island State Round proved. Guys he was quicker than won the next race at Sandown while he was overseas. So if we can get it all together for next season. All I can say is. look out.

What I would like is for any feedback on the way we are heading with our team? Do you think it is wise, do you think it will change some attitudes towards State Race Meetings and Improved Production Cars?