Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Mar 2003, 23:19 (Ref:533340)   #26
DaveM
Racer

DaveM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some fabulous sites if you want to see photos of these beasts in action. I know there is another place in 10/10ths to post site addresses, but it seems appropriate to put these here.
www.motorracingretro.com has loads of Can-Am as well as other major single seat and sportscar pics from the 60s to the present.
www.mlodeent.com/CANAM/Canam.htm is exclusively Riverside.
www.racingsportscars.com has Can-Am, Interserie and other sportscar pics.
www.research-racing.de/CanAm4.htm has lots of pics but is very slow to load (on my complicator anyway).
www.vintagerpm.com is Mike Stucker's very good Can-Am intro history.
www.autosportsltd.com/oursler.htm#oursler shows samples from a CD they sell crammed with photos taken by Bill Oursler - only snag is you have to work out yourself who, what, when, where.

There are many driver sites - McLaren, Hulme, Donohue, Minter, etc. The foxyventures site mentioned by mickj is run by Marilyn Fox-Halder who was Mrs Lothar Motschenbacher in the Can-Am days and carried her cine camera around with her. I have two of the three videos and they are very fuzzy sound and visionwise. There certainly must be video/TV material around somewhere, I just wish I knew where - can any North American contributor help?
Old 12 Mar 2003, 02:34 (Ref:533446)   #27
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks DaveM
I was aware of some of these sites, but you have added a couple more. My daughter (a petrolhead like me) taped some CAN AM races that appeared on cable TV a few years ago.They look as they were done professionly by a TV crew. I like Minters 'Donkey Bop'.

Last edited by mickj; 12 Mar 2003 at 02:40.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 03:19 (Ref:534692)   #28
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another interesting site on CAN-AM www.photoessayist.net Section CAN-AM at Laguna Seca. photos of Chaparral 2J with small motor running, dragging the car onto the ground.

Also photos of the Mac's Special, the car with 4 snow mobile motors. If only it had worked.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 12:48 (Ref:535998)   #29
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by mickj
Another interesting site on CAN-AM www.photoessayist.net Section CAN-AM at Laguna Seca. photos of Chaparral 2J with small motor running, dragging the car onto the ground.

Also photos of the Mac's Special, the car with 4 snow mobile motors. If only it had worked.
One of the great things about CanAm had to be it's ability to produce the most radical and inventive approaches to designing a racing car-

another gem -the original AVS Shadow

http://members.tripod.com/~shadowcar/avs.html