Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:37 (Ref:539330)   #1
rcs
Rookie

rcs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonjour.....!

Well, just back from a weeks skiing in la belle France, fantastic weather, brilliant food and even more amazing French girls to look at while my wife wasn't looking. (Joke from my French waiter: Q: What do you call a good looking girl in England ? . A: A foreign tourist) so to say I am looking forward even more to my LM visit in June is a bit of an understatement. Anyway, to things Motorsport, its a good weekend coming up on the TV with live F1, IRL and CART but does anybody know if and when we'll see some Sebring highlights ? - I'd like to see the Bentley drive from the back of the grid to 3rd.

Cheers !

Rob

(still a Francophile despite the current little spat....)
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:39 (Ref:539332)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, check FG's very recent post here.....

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...327#post539327

Did you bring me back any foie gras......?
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:47 (Ref:539345)   #3
rcs
Rookie

No I didn't - Foie Gras (which I adore) is not big in the Alps - more of a Dordogne thing. I once had it there quick fried in honey - unbelievable. I did have a mind blowing cheese fondue though..........!

Rob
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:48 (Ref:539348)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're making my mouth water.

Stop it.

Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:57 (Ref:539368)   #5
rcs
Rookie

Still - I doubt that the cuisine at the circuit during the 24 hours will be much to write home about, I'll have to hunt out some nice and no doubt expensive eaterie !
Old 17 Mar 2003, 21:24 (Ref:539480)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rcs
Still - I doubt that the cuisine at the circuit during the 24 hours will be much to write home about, I'll have to hunt out some nice and no doubt expensive eaterie !
If you are prepared for

1. a 40 minutes drive,
2. to make a reservation

the Hotel de France in La Chatre sur le Loir is well worth a try. Teams used to stay there in the 50s and 60s, and there are some great signed photos in the bar. The food's not bad either, and not too expensive.

FG
Old 18 Mar 2003, 06:21 (Ref:539823)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Funny thread for a frog !

There's some small good restaurants in Le Mans too, where you'll find foie gras, foie gras poëlé (means cooked, hot, with a sauce - are you interrested to taste, FG ? ), and lots of nice things, usualy not to expensive (well, way of talking relatively to your savings !).

The Pays de la Loire (including La Sarthe) are a place of good food, nice meat (beef), and nice sea and river food (taste the Sandre Beurre Blanc with a Savennière - white wine)...

And don't worry about the 'spats' rcs mentionned above, we still love British and American people, and we welcome you this spring !

Last edited by Fab; 18 Mar 2003 at 06:21.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 08:27 (Ref:539871)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Stop it , stop it, stop it!!!!

I haven't had any breakfast and all this mention of French food is driving me mad!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 09:23 (Ref:539901)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Stop it , stop it, stop it!!!!

I haven't had any breakfast and all this mention of French food is driving me mad!
How to gain weight in reading a forum...
Old 18 Mar 2003, 11:05 (Ref:539974)   #10
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nothing much for vegetarians like me though fab...any ideas?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:13 (Ref:540008)   #11
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
les petit pois??????
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:50 (Ref:540049)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do you eat cheese, kdr?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:59 (Ref:540067)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have to ayse...i have to!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:02 (Ref:540071)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's your answer then. All that wonderful French cheese! You know, le fromage that you hang on to in the cupboard until it crawls off the plate - wonderful. Trouble is, Mrs. Ayse throws it out as soon as it starts to pong. Maybe I could keep it in the garage?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:37 (Ref:540099)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of my friend recently went on a school trip to florence to practice their italian. Anyway, the vegetarians of them usually ended up with a couple of peices of cheese and tomato and that was all. The italians just don't understand vegetarian, they, like me, are meat lovers.