Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2003, 10:44 (Ref:675124)   #26
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racing4real
CATO and MOEN, because they always had great scraps, always exciting to watch and neither deserve to be out of the BTCC
racing4real, I do not think I have ever seen you post any message on any forum other than pro Cato.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 13:10 (Ref:676292)   #27
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from the Clelend Soper rivalry, how about Menu vs everyone else on the grid??
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:44 (Ref:676492)   #28
racing4real
Rookie

racing4real should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Bear
racing4real, I do not think I have ever seen you post any message on any forum other than pro Cato.
And the problem with that is..??? It's called being a fan!

I work for the same company as Cato, I've followed him since he was in club racing and whilst theres other drivers who are also up there, I just don't get that interested.

My personal opinion is that I'd like to see Cato driving in BTCC, not because he is any more or less deserving than some other people's choices, but because that's what I want to see. OK?? Is that allowed?? Rant over...
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:06 (Ref:676516)   #29
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racing4real
CATO and MOEN, because they always had great scraps, always exciting to watch and neither deserve to be out of the BTCC
When? Where? Which races( and in which championship) are you talking about? In the BTCC in 2001, they only raced together 6 times and, from memory, didn't even finish close to each other at all. The only scrap they could have been involved in was at Thruxton, cause at Brands and Oulton Cate wasn't anywhere near Moen ever.

Or did you not mean scraps with each other? In that case they are hardly rivals.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:23 (Ref:676533)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Pete and Mark Thomas could renew the rivalry that built up after Silverstone 2002 - that would be fun!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 08:31 (Ref:676902)   #31
racing4real
Rookie

racing4real should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the king
When? Where? Which races( and in which championship) are you talking about? In the BTCC in 2001, they only raced together 6 times and, from memory, didn't even finish close to each other at all. The only scrap they could have been involved in was at Thruxton, cause at Brands and Oulton Cate wasn't anywhere near Moen ever.

"King", if you're going to argue, kindly make sure you have some facts.

From the Barwell race reports which are also on petercate.com, you can read that in addition to Thruxton where they were fighting for 2nd place, Cato was scrapping with Moen for 4th in the Oulton Feature and Moen drove into his door at Knickerbrook chicane and went straight on.

So out of the three events he did, Cato was battling with Moen at two of them. Unfortunately either one or the other didn't finish (maybe that's what confused you), which is why I want to see their rivalry renewed. Happy now?