Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:09 (Ref:751925)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Commissioning Art?

Can anybody give me some very rough ball park figures for how much it costs to commission a painting?
I realise it obviously varies from artist to artist and depends on canvas size, complexity of subject matter etc. but I haven't got a clue what sort of price range anybody could be looking at

Last edited by PaulSands; 15 Oct 2003 at 10:11.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:14 (Ref:751932)   #2
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need Andrew Kitson. £500 up I think.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 17:14 (Ref:752443)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Paul, how long is a piece of string?
Some artists charge as little as £150, others up to £10,000 but as you say it depends upon size, complexity of subject, how well established the artist is, demand etc. I charge more for oils for example as they take longer to produce than acrylics due to the drying time. I also charge more for montage style works due to the complexity.
Mine start at £395 to the largest one which was 7K.
Many artists, myself included have work displayed on Alex Reade's website www.alexreade.net
There are originals for sale with prices but in most cases, these are popular F1 or Le Mans subjects waiting to be sold, the prices will be a little less than the artist would normally charge to paint a bespoke original to your requirements.
I'll PM you if you like with details of my work and if you need another reminder, please take a look at my site.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 06:36 (Ref:752911)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
soooooo....what would £395 buy?
(no need to take this private yet as I'm sure it would be interesting for many people)
Old 16 Oct 2003, 06:46 (Ref:752914)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul - 12 x 9in ( approx A4) in acrylics. This would be for a scene depicting any motoring / motorsport subject past or present - depending upon availability of refererence material.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 07:10 (Ref:752935)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
right then..for ref, and you dont have to give exact figure if its an issue, how much did the recent picture you presented to Martin Short cost and what was that painted in?
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:42 (Ref:752987)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Acrylic-1200.