Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jan 2004, 10:33 (Ref:843780)   #51
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Scrutineer78
In nine years, Grand-Am will have 35+ DP's. In nine years, ALMS will have...?

I believe this thread was talking about how the DP, especially the Riley, looks compare to the REST of the DP's!
I don't believe anyone compared them to other non DP's! Just a mention of Group C's.

Old 20 Jan 2004, 11:58 (Ref:843901)   #52
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The Crawford is the best looking of them IMO , for a wheelchair anyway !!!
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:20 (Ref:844576)   #53
Scrutineer78
Racer

Scrutineer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You roll your eyes and don't even give an answer?

Hey, is that you Mr Panoz?
Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:38 (Ref:845238)   #54
The Treester
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Scrutineer78
You roll your eyes and don't even give an answer?

Hey, is that you Mr Panoz?
Ughhhh, no! I was simply showing that you was the first to talk about ALMS on this thread then later came back and said...

"I'm not going to sit here and degrade either series because I enjoy both."

Just found that a little interesting?!?! How about that for an answer! (j/k)

Old 21 Jan 2004, 10:55 (Ref:845260)   #55
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I think perhaps you might get a more structured response if your initial approach was somewhat less aggresive.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 11:39 (Ref:845308)   #56
The Treester
Racer

Cheers Graham.

Will you be at Sebring this year?
Old 21 Jan 2004, 12:36 (Ref:845364)   #57
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yup - day job and wife-to-be willing!!!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 20:08 (Ref:845824)   #58
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit that the R&S DP is not very sexy.
Indeed, the most important question is not to know if the DP are ugly or not. The most important is to have a great race at Daytona in 10 days !
Old 21 Jan 2004, 20:34 (Ref:845851)   #59
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sure hope you do come to Sebring, Graham...

if you do, I'll be there with my son and I look for ward to meeting you...as well as others on the Forum...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:05 (Ref:845881)   #60
The Treester
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
I must admit that the R&S DP is not very sexy.
Indeed, the most important question is not to know if the DP are ugly or not. The most important is to have a great race at Daytona in 10 days !
I Concur, but I hope our Porsche GT3 Cup win overall!

Tim,

I'll be there all week.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:21 (Ref:845899)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Then why the frown face in your post????

Are you there with a team or as a spectator???

If it is the former, I wish you the best and look forward to watching your team compete...

If it's the latter, I'll have a few cases of Whitbread Ale on ice in the North paddock area of the circuit....at least one of them has your name on it....

Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:42 (Ref:845926)   #62
The Treester
Racer

With a team, I have to travel on my son 1st B-day for pre-testing. Thanks though for the well being for the race!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:44 (Ref:845930)   #63
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I'll see you somewhere in the Paddock...among the many thousands

Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:13 (Ref:845982)   #64
Scrutineer78
Racer

Scrutineer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Treester
Ughhhh, no! I was simply showing that you was the first to talk about ALMS on this thread then later came back and said...

"I'm not going to sit here and degrade either series because I enjoy both."

Just found that a little interesting?!?! How about that for an answer! (j/k)

Actually I was trying to point out that ALMS isn't exactly having the most monstrous growth. I can say at least GA can tout a high car count in their top class along with several more by seasons end. Although they may need it with the introduction of a completely new GTS next year.

ALMS has 4 LMP 1's this year, if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully the rules freeze by IMSA will bring in a couple of more for the season. Even so, all the growth I see is for GT and GTS. I DO NOT want to see ALMS turn into a GTS only series, they need the prototypes. They need to bring in a couple of more manufacturers to compete with Audi on a daily basis. I even have a feeling Audi will be completely privateer within 3 years with Audi concentrating completely on DTM.

As you can see, neither series not exactly on the brink of a breakthrough.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:47 (Ref:846036)   #65
The Treester
Racer

I never said it was, it's called sarcasim!
Old 21 Jan 2004, 22:49 (Ref:846042)   #66
The Treester
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I'll see you somewhere in the Paddock...among the many thousands
Sounds good!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:855666)   #67
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One-two in the first qualifying. The Riley DPs are looking pretty good.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:05 (Ref:856097)   #68
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I just read someplace that Riley Technologies designed and built 3 DP's in 3.5 months ..... that says alot to me !!!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 11:32 (Ref:856251)   #69
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
They're still some of the ugliest racing cars I've ever seen.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 11:39 (Ref:856259)   #70
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestign to read bill rileys comments on DSC, about the design for the car.
He talked about why the greenhouse is "odd" looking, in that it is designed to push air around the greenhouse, instead of over it, reducing lift. Sounds like they have hit on something there, given the restrictions on greenhouse size on the DP's.
To be honest I am growing to the rileys, and I almost mistook the crawford for a bentley EXP speeed 8 (01&02 version) the other day, following a quick glance at autosport magazine....
BUT I'll happily agree they (the DP's) will NEVER win any beauty contests....
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:40 (Ref:856457)   #71
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I should say that my objections to the Daytona Prototypes are not simply aesthetic. As well as ugly, they are slow (though getting quicker), deliberately low-tech and parochial.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 15:24 (Ref:856494)   #72
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I knew there HAD to be a reason for why the Rileys chose to shape the greenhouse like that....

Everything they do has a specific purpose...and they are both practical and efficient...It is also one of the big reasons why I am such a fan of their efforts and follow what they are doing...

Old 30 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:856496)   #73
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I should say that my objections to the Daytona Prototypes are not simply aesthetic. As well as ugly, they are slow (though getting quicker), deliberately low-tech and parochial.
Even though I ,we, pick on their looks (it is hard not to) it is not the looks that makes me despise them either. It is not the tech. issue, if they were unrestricted they would be plenty quick and fast, it is the asinine BS rules that France family uses as an excuse for competition.
The France children have driven NASCAR out of the "race on Sunday and sell on Monday sphere, except to those who are incredibly naive. God help us if the little France's do the same to road racing.
Bob
Old 31 Jan 2004, 02:03 (Ref:857110)   #74
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
It certainly shouldnt be rocket science why the Riley has that greenhouse. The rules makers stick them with the gargantuan lift generating bulb on the top of the car and they are simply trying to reduce its negative effects on overall downforce. Personally I think its somewhat elegant as it is form following function. It isn't the Riley's fault the cateogry mandates ugly cars! Hell, they should be cheered as the car is on the front row, therefore proving its (the greenhouse and car's) effectiveness!
Old 31 Jan 2004, 03:54 (Ref:857181)   #75
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALL the DPs look like cartoon versions of Porsche 935s