Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2004, 07:59 (Ref:872795)   #26
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It probably doesn't count for much, but in AA it says Procar are still negotiating with Channel 7, whilst in MN the 9/SBS thing was just a rumour.

Channel 9 wouldn't have much room on thier schedule, especially on a Sunday which is wall-to-wall ballsports, and SBS, well whatever happened in 2002, it would possibly be seen as a step back.

I wouldn't count out Channel 7, maybe it will be similiar to 2002 deal, SBS does the Procar Champ Series, and Channel 7 does Bathurst.......
Old 13 Feb 2004, 08:00 (Ref:872798)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
GTR, the viper of morgan, is that the new one with the improved brake package and the such i remember hearing about last year ? sure hope so...
There was noise of factory Chrysler support for 2003 but since Mr Morgan thought Porsches were better, the offer didnt get taken up....

Presumably its a shing new model... from one of the many road cars still clogging up Chrysler HQ...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Feb 2004, 06:16 (Ref:873867)   #28
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RossP on the procar forums:

"A comprehensive commercial station deal is imminent"

Perhaps we will know this week what's going on...

BTW, is SBS commercial?
Old 14 Feb 2004, 06:25 (Ref:873873)   #29
Ross Palmer
Rookie

Ross Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No SBS is not considered commercial in tv parlance."heaven knows when they accept advertisements"
Old 14 Feb 2004, 06:29 (Ref:873875)   #30
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what i thought. I presumed "commercial" inferred Nine, 7 and ten. I posed the question because presumption is the other of all... mistakes.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 10:05 (Ref:895662)   #31
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3

I hope no one yells at me for posting here but it kinda relates, F3 is with Procar at the moment and the euro F3 was on the tellie the other night, so here goes.

I am more of a touring car follower than a openwheeler fan, I guess most aussies are. I was watching Fox Sports during last week and found that the Euro F3 race was on. I dont even remember the day, sorry.

Anyway, I sat through 20 laps of the most boring racing I can remember. It even started to rain and that didnt make a lot of difference, until most of the field drove off the end of the main straight.

No two cars in the top 12 were within 2 seconds of each other with one exception, James Courtney was in seventh and hasselling for sixth.

I think this was a replay of one of the events from last year.

My point is only this, unfortunately, even the most technically advanced and well driven (I assume) cars can on occasion put on a boring show. Maybe this was a case of bad timing, and most F3 races are full of action, but I really cant aggree when people dump on our V8s for a lack of passing or action. More likely, I say, the director of the broadcasts, for whatever reason, dont show the best of the action.

I hope that FFord can get the backing required to get the whole '04 season, and more, on the tellie, as it does have some of the best racing anywhere.

Not trying to start any arguements just my 2c worth. If there is a better thread for this post to live in, please send it there, as I do feel as though I may have kinda hijacked this one.