Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 18 Mar 2004, 08:15 (Ref:908961)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Coan someone tell me a bit more about Image Tank and what its about (and what it costs) and also the portable hard drive that was mentioned earlier? Its running out of space that bothers me (I haven't got a laptop and I doubt that I'd lug it to France with me in June.... )
Old 18 Mar 2004, 13:57 (Ref:909312)   #27
Ian_H
Rookie

England
Durham
Ian_H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Image Tank/Bank that I have is this one which has now been discontinued but basically it is a laptop hard drive with a card reader attached and is powered by a battery pack or you can use a car lighter socket. When you card is full just pop it in the Image Tank press the button and the contents of the card are downloaded onto the hard drive, when you get home just plug it into your USB port and download the contents of the Tank onto your computer. I find it much easier to carry this around compared to my laptop. This appears to be the updated version HERE but there are a few companies manufacturing similar devices.

Cheers
Ian
Old 18 Mar 2004, 13:58 (Ref:909315)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grateful for that Ian - I'll take a look.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:51 (Ref:909737)   #29
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok Ian, next question...and it may sound stupid? Would the image bank and/or compactflash cards (with images stored on them) get affected by airport x-ray machines...any ideas on this?
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:26 (Ref:909793)   #30
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baz, I can't comment on the Image tank/bank but I've certainly taken CF cards (with and without images on) thru airports and had them x-rayed with no perceivable ill-effects.

Neil
Old 18 Mar 2004, 22:11 (Ref:909864)   #31
Ian_H
Rookie

England
Durham
My cf cards, microdrives & Image Tank have been through airport x-ray machine many times and never had any ill effects, the Image Tank is just a laptop hardrive in a casing and come to think of it my laptop has been x-rayed many times as well.

HTH
Cheers
Ian
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:23 (Ref:910995)   #32
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks boys!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 16:38 (Ref:912271)   #33
Icycool
Rookie

Icycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using Digital in the rain

I have used them outside when it was pouring with rain, and when I was on a demolition site, it was drizzling and there was dust everywhere, I have had no probs, how-ever I was keeping it in my jacket between shots.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 09:50 (Ref:913705)   #34
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
to Aysedasi
for my own,I'm using a Vosonic X-drive II
cheap, fast (usb2), reliable(for as much as I've used it-about one year)
the only problem is that you can't actually control your images when stored, but if a problem occurs during transfer, you get a error message and you just have to repeat transfer
the battery life is great too: you can expect from 6 to 8 512CF transfer with a full charge

Last edited by bernard b; 21 Mar 2004 at 09:51.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 12:08 (Ref:913883)   #35
Ian_H
Rookie

England
Durham
Well my 10D survived probably the worst conditions I have ever taken photos in yesterday in Kielder Forest, along with gale force wind there was constant driving rain, I managed to keep the camera reasonably dry with a mixture of a large piece of chamois leather and a couple of asda carrier bags.

Cheers
Ian
Old 21 Mar 2004, 18:15 (Ref:914140)   #36
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
two outings so far..Mallory (wet) Silverstone (wet an VERY windy) and no problems with a 10D...apart from it being very difficult to keep the lens still at Silverstone on Saturday
Old 24 Mar 2004, 13:13 (Ref:917846)   #37
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the time I'm using my Canon 1D which probably has the most weather proofing going right now (or did when it first came out), but even in a light mist I use a aquatech cover. Have a couple for the different lenses and even the flash. I would think that the 10D is just as vunerable as the 550 flash to water intrusion. Remember that just one drop of water can ruin your day to even the tune of a complete replacement. Not to speak of doom and gloom, but I've worked with electronics and the enviroment in my job for the last 30 years and you'd be surprised what a little mositure can do.

Rain cover are cheap compared to having your camera stop working on a race weekend...

Martin
Old 24 Mar 2004, 13:32 (Ref:917886)   #38
Chris Lee
Rookie

Chris Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm the same 1D but still use aquatech... I would imagine that the sort of damage water could do to a dslr would for the likes of a 10d be cheaper to buy a new one..
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:33 (Ref:920290)   #39
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also use the aquatech covers. Believe them to be the best made (but not cheap $$$).

Of course a sandwich ziplock bag for the flash and a large garbage bag for the 500mm has also worked in a pinch...

LOL

martin