Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 May 2004, 20:41 (Ref:971914)   #1
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks ALL!

Big thumbs up to all I met today at Oultan Park. You all made me feel very welcome and a part of the team. It was great to meet so many of you and place faces to names (even though its not always a good idea).

I had a great time. The circuit is amazing, any chance I could move it to Ohio?

But now is the hard part. I just got back to York. Unfortunately ran into my boss at the hotel. He yelled and screamed at why I wasn't working. So know after staying up since 6 pm Friday, I have to work all night tonight. F*****g Americans!

Hope to see you all again some day. (but in America next time)

Last edited by 73_Gstock; 15 May 2004 at 20:42.
Old 15 May 2004, 21:09 (Ref:971928)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you enjoyed it Gstock. I was looking for 'the Yank in the white boiler suit', but didn't manage to escape the Paddock all day. I was too busy trying to keep my Formula Ford boys in check. Hope our four races added to your enjoyment. You have been spoiled by coming to the UK's best circuit - and no, you can't take it back to Ohio.
And forget the boss. All bosses need to get a life, I know mine does. Good luck with your corner working back in the U S of A.
Old 15 May 2004, 21:38 (Ref:971948)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hey gstock, nice to meet you today in the pits....maybe ill see you in long beach sometime!....glad you enjoyed oulton.
Old 16 May 2004, 00:33 (Ref:972026)   #4
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it race one with the five car melee?

I was worried about a lonely little spinner into the tire wall driver's right after Island's Out, look up and see red flags everywhere. I was thinking to my self "Self, this doesn't look that bad to need a red flag." Then I realized only one of the three lead cars has come by last time. Uh-oh. Big nasty for someone to clean up. I hope everyone was ok with that???

Things with Wings ar always exciting, especially when we get four or five different classes running the same heat. Always fun and exciting stuff, especially FVees.
Old 16 May 2004, 08:31 (Ref:972132)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, everyone was OK, even if quite a few cars were not. You can read about it at www.clubff1600.co.uk (and in even more detail later on when I put the news up).
Old 17 May 2004, 07:40 (Ref:973026)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kurt (Curt)
Good to meet you on Saturday and you possibly had THE best flag point on the circuit!
You know, only a couple of years back there was NO protection at Island "Out" - just a bunch of truck tyres to hide behind!!

Next time.....bring your boss too!
Next time I'm in Ohio, I'll look you up!!!

Thanks for making the effort to come & play!!
Old 21 May 2004, 10:40 (Ref:977522)   #7
Mark Stevens
Rookie

Mark Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just joined the forum and would like to say thank you to all of the hard working marshals.

Without the dedication of the men and women in orange I don't think our motor racing industry would exist.

I think that its about time that the public was given a greater awareness of the work of the marshals, maybe ITV could do a piece about all the marshals at this years British GP, now that Stephen Greens rugby tackiling skills have been seen worldwide since last years GP it seems a perfect opportunity to capitalise on the publicity.
Old 21 May 2004, 10:48 (Ref:977530)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Mark,

Welcome to Ten-Tenths and for your kind words regarding marshals. There are moves afoot to bring more coverage to the press and the small screen so keep your eyes peeled!
Old 21 May 2004, 12:49 (Ref:977672)   #9
Mark Stevens
Rookie

Mark Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there are any marshals here who were at Quarry at Castle Combe for the LUX meeting a few weeks ago you might be interested to know that i have posted a few pictures in my new gallery.
Any comments are welcome.
Old 21 May 2004, 12:53 (Ref:977677)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good Piccy's Mark!

I was the lonesome flaggie stood right in front of you!!