Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 May 2004, 01:26 (Ref:964696)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very sad day. The end of Papyrus

This is indeed a very sad day. The end of Papyrus.

http://community.vugames.com/WebX?230@@.f020dd5

Here is to to the guys who made GPL, the best sim ever created.

If only the mainstream could have been arsed to appreciate the genius.

Luckily the GPL community will keep it running for years to come.

Last edited by Spudgun; 9 May 2004 at 01:27.
Old 9 May 2004, 09:29 (Ref:964841)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Such a shame. Very talented group of people they were.
Old 9 May 2004, 11:55 (Ref:964990)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed a shame. But what an incredible legacy to leave - GPL.... The best racing sim ever made.
Old 10 May 2004, 06:09 (Ref:966128)   #4
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's terrible. They've left behind some really good games though, GPL and Indycar Racing amongst them.
Old 10 May 2004, 21:01 (Ref:966909)   #5
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean i'll never be able to buy my own copy of GPL
Old 10 May 2004, 21:41 (Ref:966943)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd have thought you still can. Papyrus were the people who made the game, but Sierra are the distributors. Sold-Out Software are currently selling the £4.99 DVD case version.

I'm sure that they will produce the CD's as long as there is demand.

But for £4.99, I'd get it in now. I know for certain PC World sell copies if there is one near you.

Last edited by Spudgun; 10 May 2004 at 21:42.
Old 13 May 2004, 07:22 (Ref:969497)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah, just get it anyway. You may even get it cheaper still than Spud mentioned.
Old 13 May 2004, 22:27 (Ref:970354)   #8
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily news from E3 is; that EA are going to attempt to make there PC version of Nascar 2005 a hardcore racing simulation.
Old 15 May 2004, 22:36 (Ref:971975)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
My Mom bought me GPL for Christmas, but at the time my computer simply wasn't quick enough. Now that I've got a new system, my youngest daugter has broken my steering wheel. I still haven't been able to enjoy the sim!
Old 28 May 2004, 18:59 (Ref:986585)   #10
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, well, the world is such a fickle place eh? Hard Luck to a superbly talented bunch o people, is anyone going to be able to nab their GPL Physics and implement it in any other games?
Old 3 Jun 2004, 13:53 (Ref:992736)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To an old-time gamer like myself, ti feels like all the rgeat teams of the past are long-gone. Papyrus just join the list with Looking Glass, Bullfrog, Sensible, Graftgold and all the rest. It's a real shame, but they haven't done much in recent years and were never planning on GPL2.