Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Feb 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3199710)   #226
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm delighted you agree.

Now we can move on.

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes of it's face
And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind...

Seemed apt.....
Michel Legrand's "Windmills of Your Mind".
Old 5 Feb 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3199803)   #227
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seriously, Senna and Gilles are my votes.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 02:24 (Ref:3199964)   #228
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Seriously, Senna and Gilles are my votes.
I hear that!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3199970)   #229
Stand21
Rookie

Stand21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Groundhog Day was Feb 2nd wasn't it?....

Taking a more derived look at the topic, how about drivers who were fast in one or more seasons, like.

Andrea DeCesaris - 1983 Alfa & 1991 Jordan
Riccardo Patrese - 1987 Brabham & 1991 Williams

Both showed signs of brilliant speed but for various reasons their careers ebbed & flowed.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3199988)   #230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An awful lot of ebbing there......
Old 6 Feb 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3200007)   #231
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My votes can only go to those drivers who consistently seem to be able to drag a car back up through the grid with ease. On that basis I think Senna, Hamilton and Vettel get my vote, although noted that Schumacher did seem to do well at that as well, but had a mild advantage here and there. Some drivers, even in the same team, don't seem to be able to drag themselves up the field, even with the same/similar machinery.

Mansell was also quick (on his day) and in a Williams that was well sorted out. But again that was a huge advantage and he seemed to mostly have Patrese for a wing man..
Old 6 Feb 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3200029)   #232
Stand21
Rookie

Stand21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
An awful lot of ebbing there......
Agreed, their moments in the sun though were fairly impressive. With DeCesaris topping pre season testing in the Alfa & then running away with it at Spa before the usual Alfa turbo gremlins kicked in.
While Patrese really put Mansell (a regular vote on here) in his place for a good while in '91 until the politics began & Nige got his full #1 status.

Another quicky for me was Clay Reggazonni...& a great guy to boot.

But yes this question will always have the usual suspects re appearing & l agree that the essence of 'the fastest' is one who makes a slow car fast & or never gives up the chase.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3200033)   #233
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Riccardo Patrese was stunning on debut in the Arrows/Shadow copy in 1978,nearly won the first race.

De Crashalot did just that.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3200183)   #234
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

[QUOTE=MOntoya has definitely beaten him since, at Monza, in the Williams one time. I'm not confident to say he's been beaten since.]

His 160mph lap round Silverstone will never be beaten, that's for sure.
"How fast were you going down the straights, Keke?"
"What straights?"

Always loved that, too.