Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2568466)   #226
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Old 24 Oct 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2568483)   #227
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A B that is magic. Kids tell the truth
Old 24 Oct 2009, 19:57 (Ref:2568859)   #228
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love it A B...Cool Kids.

Yep S Man, and they expect to hear the truth, they show respect as well.

Putty in the hands... Of those who would manipulate youngsters.
Takes me back to all those "promising young talent" joins the dream proclamations.
Young Hamilton lad,Young Cambridge lass,Young C Pither,Young J Liefting and my favourite Ross's young Shane Van G,
just "borrowed."... We were not supposed to find that out... It was good for the blurb though Eh?
They all grew up fast I quess.
Interestingly,no sign of them in "proximity" of the dream now, not that stange actually... ...as they ALL tell the same story!
They are still "good kids" they just got abused and that changed everything for them.
Stress builds character, so they say...Not that they needed it.
They displayed character and talent in abundance.
They are all a great bunch.
You can read about them all on TKRs "what we've done for NZ racers" file......the young drivers that is...or some of them...no mention of previous "mechs and techs" tho!
Old 24 Oct 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2568892)   #229
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Puts whole new meaning to returning to Grass Roots
Old 24 Oct 2009, 21:32 (Ref:2568904)   #230
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post
each driver being provided the use of a TKR car FOC with TKR also agreeing to pickup the damage budget of each driver for the season as-well.
Quote:
i just hope they don't get any wet races, the damage bill will be huge for a cardboard re-shell
at least we now know why he has been loitering around Mitre 10, he's been stocking up on replacemet panels from the recycling bin!!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2569635)   #231
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Has there been a press release about TKR supporting Kids in Cars?
Old 26 Oct 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2569939)   #232
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
A, press release...JDI...
There's always some blurb or other about these "new opportunities",and the "chosen ones" are getting younger...
Invariably...Parents and supporters play an important part in the dollar,oops, driver selection process as well.
AND... the yougsters have to be eligable/hold a competition license.
My quess is experienced drivers, have all declined "the opportunities"

There are announcements on the TKR News Site refering to the latest moves. Included is the abreviation FOC..? whatever that means, and the statements include...
"with TKR also agreeing to pick up the damage budget of each driver for the season as well"...
Now what happens if they suffer more damage than "the damage budget" stipulates?

AND...Who does... "The Budget"?
More to the point... what is their historic fiscal management capability?
Hell...this is all very familiar sounding...
Old 26 Oct 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2569948)   #233
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post
A, press release...JDI...
There's always some blurb or other about these "new opportunities",and the "chosen ones" are getting younger...
Invariably...Parents and supporters play an important part in the dollar,oops, driver selection process as well.
AND... the yougsters have to be eligable/hold a competition license.
My quess is experienced drivers, have all declined "the opportunities"

There are announcements on the TKR News Site refering to the latest moves. Included is the abreviation FOC..? whatever that means, and the statements include...
"with TKR also agreeing to pick up the damage budget of each driver for the season as well"...
Now what happens if they suffer more damage than "the damage budget" stipulates?

AND...Who does... "The Budget"?
More to the point... what is their historic fiscal management capability?
Hell...this is all very familiar sounding...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Oct 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2570369)   #234
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Read TKRs "News", soft and warm mostly...
Peruse the history of the dissenchanted [fantastic kiwi motorsports fans] claims over the past decade...
Soo many... owed so much by "the dream"... all unable to recover their capital, or their losses incured from getting "involved"[conned].

Without exception...ALL hold the same views on "the fighter"...
How could so many,so definately involved, be telling the same stories?
Coincidence?...I DONT THINK SO!

Without exception, all long gone from the "proximity" of "the dream".
AND...not too many of them know personally of the "deals" proffered their predecessors by Mr. John.
In actuallity and in fact they have all been ripped off...Even those who had "personal guarantees" only recovered portions on their losses AFTER recent successful "official intervention"...
AND that was only a "few, of the Many"...

As I indicated on post #223...Released by the Officials...to carry on...
Moving Foward...as these types so frequently say...
NOT getting things... SQUARED AWAY! ...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2573209)   #235
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
We're announcing Ryan's appointment first, to get the ball rolling, and we will be making further exciting announcements concerning our other driver signings in the next two weeks along with our new naming rights sponsor who has been involved with TKR since day one.

?????.... Its now November...Thrill Me... ...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2573227)   #236
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJ was out at Puke this afternoon, with a couple of Black Mini's (sans signage) getting some practise in.

I did notice a big "Win Me" across the rear windscreen of the Falcon show car.. not sure what the deal is with that, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the website??
Old 1 Nov 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2573229)   #237
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting on the Companies register, the Team Kiwi Racing is now showing:
The Registrar of Companies is satisfied that this company has ceased to carry on business and has initiated action to remove the company from the register. If you object to its removal, contact the company in the first instance. If this is not possible, contact this office on 0508 266 726 during business hours for details relating to the objection process.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2573239)   #238
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Interesting on the Companies register, the Team Kiwi Racing is now showing:
The Registrar of Companies is satisfied that this company has ceased to carry on business and has initiated action to remove the company from the register. If you object to its removal, contact the company in the first instance. If this is not possible, contact this office on 0508 266 726 during business hours for details relating to the objection process.
So does this mean that the cash and carry style has encroached on information available to the OA allowing her to evaluate "the buisness?" or is it yet another"slipping off the hook" trick?
Old 1 Nov 2009, 05:45 (Ref:2573262)   #239
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
DJ was out at Puke this afternoon, with a couple of Black Mini's (sans signage) getting some practise in.

I did notice a big "Win Me" across the rear windscreen of the Falcon show car.. not sure what the deal is with that, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the website??
Hi Chapppelli,
are you saying that DJ ,as in David John, was getting some practise in? like actually driving one of the Black Mini's?
Old 1 Nov 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2573271)   #240
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Hi Mark,

Well, he was in attendance and some would say he was getting indeed getting 'practise' in... but sadly he was not driving, he was simply 'developing' a couple of new drivers (and feel to read into that what you will).
Old 1 Nov 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2573608)   #241
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR had matt hamilton and Ryan bailey driving,

ran slicks on front and road tyres on rear all day as had no tyres,had a blow out but luckily didnt hit anything.

1x jack,few tools,no fuel containers(drove to servo to refuel),
timing with wrist watch and a couple of young guys helping out who looked a bit lost.

not looking good for next weekend,gonna provide a lot of talk for the forums i fear,bit sorry for the two young guys who think maybe they are going to live the dream!!

ford promo car looked like it had not been cleaned for a year or two.

Last edited by harcey; 1 Nov 2009 at 19:15.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2573794)   #242
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
[QUOTE=harcey;
'didnt hit anything.
'timing with wrist watch and a couple of young guys helping out who looked a bit lost.
'bit sorry for the two young guys who think maybe they are going to live the dream!!

ford promo car looked like it had not been cleaned for a year or two.[/QUOTE]

As I said ...The local Lions chapter would make for a better...."Sponsorship Opportunity"...Way past time for "the brand" to be swapped for a bus ticket...One way...Out of NZ motorsports!...
These newbies don't need the "TKR Experience"...I bet they paid for the fuel themselves,and probably had to throw some in the Falcon as well...
What?... Too Lazy, oops, busy to throw a hose over the old Falcon...
A FREE CAR... and he can't even be bothered washing it ...Yep... that's familiar.

I called 0508 FOLD and FLEE...There are "OBJECTIONS"...Why does that not surprise me?
Have those who have obtained "settlements" or have "payment schedules" ... heard the word?

'found coin to top up the OAs account......Dig more out,
Time to Ante Up!...
Old 2 Nov 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2573833)   #243
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
"My family and I put everything we had into karting then into trying to break into cars but at the end of the day it is just so expensive you can't do it all yourself. Even with the small group of loyal sponsors and supporters that I do have. The beauty of the TKR opportunity is that TKR provide me with the car, running budget, crew and backup support to go racing, but it's up to me to make it work and show the team I am the driver they should invest further funds into in the future just as they have with many Kiwi drivers before me."

"Just as they have with many Kiwi drivers before me"...Hmmm...
"invest further funds"..."running budget".......who composes this drivel?

Simply 'developing' a couple of new drivers?
Ryan had success in Go Karts...This must be different...
AND..."the Tean Owner" ... in full song...
My bet...Young Ryan and Matt may be starting to "See the Light"...

..."not all the people all the time"....

Chappelli...the registrar is satisfied the company is not trading...BUT...The objections meant, for now, NO "Striking Off"!
So send in all those cards and letters folks,TKR is as strong as ever...

Last edited by opinion8head; 2 Nov 2009 at 01:57.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2573837)   #244
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can assure you that the deal is not budget supplied by TKR etc.
i know what the deal is and the the drivers have been instructed what to say media etc wise.

by the way,just saw the cars being race prepped for this fridays first event,both parked outside tow company near Pukekohe on road edge.

wonder if the drivers know that.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 04:57 (Ref:2573876)   #245
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Ryan Bailey also completed 30 laps with no issues.
"It was great to get back behind the seat of a BMW Mini and have a clean run with no issues"....???

A practice,and a first time tin top drive for one...

What sort of "issues" were envisaged,
Running out of gas...
A tyre blowing out...
Miscounting the laps...

These young guys are to be the way of the future...Back to grass roots...

A new begining??...Same old same old...IMO.
A tow company operator preparing the cars...No problem there for me..
I know some Towies...They are competent guys.No Worries.

Hardly SBR,PMM,FPR...But were talking mini beginings here Eh?
I hope these young guys come out of their "development" better than their many predecessors...
Old 2 Nov 2009, 05:01 (Ref:2573878)   #246
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i can assure you that the deal is not budget supplied by TKR etc.
i know what the deal is and the the drivers have been instructed what to say media etc wise.

by the way,just saw the cars being race prepped for this fridays first event,both parked outside tow company near Pukekohe on road edge.

wonder if the drivers know that.
If it isn't a paid for drive, I don't know why the drivers in question would want to get mixed up in all this?

One good lesson I learned quickly a few years ago was I'd rather do one race weekend in a well prepared car than six race weekends in a crapper that has the wheels about to fall off. Not saying that applies necessarily to TKR but I think some drivers will do anything out of desperation to keep their name in the monthly comics, but sometimes that isn't the wise thing to do.

Just my two cents
Old 2 Nov 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2573882)   #247
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Nievity...and believing "the words" thats the ONLY reason anyone gets "involved" here...Look at the past performance...from FPR on through...
from the Boats... or...if you go back that far...Audi Aussie...
What chance did these young guys have...Really?

Your two cents worth......Great advice... Do it Right or don't start..
I agree M Star! AND... It will be a paid for drive...Everyone Pays!
Old 2 Nov 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2573993)   #248
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
are you sure that wasn't a budget way of getting the cars carted away from the track? park race cars on double yellows outside the racetrack, call the enforcement agency, and meet at the towwies workshop next door to yours??

or had they just been released by way of a 'silicone-implanted' cheque (or Ryan's mum's Visa) from the impound yard behind the towies, for previously unpaid dues???
Old 2 Nov 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2574376)   #249
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
smokin'joe "never say die"

You haven't seen the old Falcon 'Hot Laps' car in the vicinity have you?
A fair number of Visa transactions for 'the ride of your life' outstanding there too....Ahh...that Eftpos machine...a license to take money...

...Ryans Mum...if you read this, heed my warning... 'If'... your card has been used to "help out the Team"...CHANGE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS...IMMEDIATELY!!
or be prepared for a nasty 'surprise'... ...I can't make this s#!t up.
But I can elaborate...As can many others!...$$$$$.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2576749)   #250
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw it with my own eyes so had to get a photo. They have a fuel can

[IMG][/IMG]