Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 May 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1907258)   #226
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was impressed by the race, but somewhat underwhelmed by the tactics of ther once leading Gallardo/ Ford GT combo. was it Jarek, as i suspected, Janis, and not Erik, as it sounded over the loudspeaker?
and i swear, Lambo gets better every time in GT1. And don't the Sara Massers look good in the sun?
Old 5 May 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1907282)   #227
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GT3 race (when it finally got going) was a laugh a minute - I had worked my way to Stowe by then and filmed the first lap - Hangar Straight with 40 odd cars on it was pretty cool. Plus cars seemed to take each other or themselves off at Vale/Club just about every lap. Great series, though - loving the mixture of cars.

The F1 style wail of the Lambo Murci has damaged my hearing (along with the rumble of the Corvettes and the screech of the DB9s) but I love it - looking forward to trying to follow the race tommorow. The little Vertigo thing is adorable and I want it to win.

Far more grandstands open today as well I noticed - twice as many as indicated in the programme! Hope it's the same tomorrow as a covered seat looks like a necessity...
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 5 May 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1907284)   #228
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just recently got back home. FIA GT looks like being a great race, GT3 was it's usual mix of mayhem and excitement, GT4 was very poor but the BMW and Lotus sounded good. GT90's... is it worth saying anything at all?

I think the Lambo wins the noise contest! The Ford GT's were absolutely terrific, though.

Sadly the BBC forecast I saw yesterday predicts rain for Sunday...
Old 5 May 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1907288)   #229
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Edwards
If any of you are up at Silverstone, feel free to come by to garage 4b and say hi and if I have time i will show you round the car!

Cya there guys

PS, dont forget to tell me what forum your from lol...
I actually tried this today and just about got assaulted by a guy in a yellow jacket who seemed to think I was going to try and steal a wheel-gun or something, lol. I beat a hasty retreat.

That's actually my only issue with the weekend - the paddock has been mostly pretty open for the support series (except for some teams who have constantly kept everything hidden away from view *coughScuderiaItaliacough*) but all the FIA GT cars are totally hidden away so the only way to see them is when they are on track which is kind of a shame as I would have liked to get a couple of close up pics. If you walk up the sides of the transporters and try and peak in the garages you either get in the way as there's very little space between the transporters and the garages or you get moved along by officials or team-members who don't want you anywhere near the cars unless you have one of those VIP badges.
Old 5 May 2007, 20:06 (Ref:1907290)   #230
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
was it Jarek, as i suspected, Janis, and not Erik, as it sounded over the loudspeaker?
No, you heard correctly it was Erik. Jareks younger brother.
Old 5 May 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1907331)   #231
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
No, you heard correctly it was Erik. Jareks younger brother.
wouldn't that be a confusing household...
Old 5 May 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1907332)   #232
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
The little Vertigo thing is adorable and I want it to win.

Far more grandstands open today as well I noticed - twice as many as indicated in the programme! Hope it's the same tomorrow as a covered seat looks like a necessity...
HAHAHA.
vertigo is adorable haha

and the stowe grandstands werent officially open...
Old 5 May 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1907348)   #233
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
Not officially, but the gates were open and no-one was chasing everyone away...
Old 5 May 2007, 22:25 (Ref:1907355)   #234
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
Sean Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I actually tried this today and just about got assaulted by a guy in a yellow jacket who seemed to think I was going to try and steal a wheel-gun or something, lol. I beat a hasty retreat.

That's actually my only issue with the weekend - the paddock has been mostly pretty open for the support series (except for some teams who have constantly kept everything hidden away from view *coughScuderiaItaliacough*) but all the FIA GT cars are totally hidden away so the only way to see them is when they are on track which is kind of a shame as I would have liked to get a couple of close up pics. If you walk up the sides of the transporters and try and peak in the garages you either get in the way as there's very little space between the transporters and the garages or you get moved along by officials or team-members who don't want you anywhere near the cars unless you have one of those VIP badges.
lol!

Oh well, just ask someone to find me and I will elt you have a look around the car if I am not too busy (hectic weekends!)

We dont have any people with yello jackets, so dont know who that was!

See a few of you tommorow.
Old 6 May 2007, 16:14 (Ref:1907719)   #235
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good results in the race: Biagi-Salo, Müller-Vilander and Cloet-Kuismanen winning. Go Flying Finns

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1221
Old 6 May 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1907738)   #236
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:

no idea where you got that from.
i seemed to spend most of my weekend hanging around GLPK or Lamborghini, and noone seemed to mind- except Anthony Kumpen, when i asked him to sign something about 30 secs after getting out of the car. which was silly.
nice man that he is, he removed helmet gloves etc and then signed it, so all good.
and wasn't 'our nige' a dissapointment
Old 6 May 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1907766)   #237
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
http://a51.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/...1b43d06152.jpg
any ideas what happened?
Old 6 May 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1907801)   #238
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Lack of budget?
Old 6 May 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1907809)   #239
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It seems he was driving without door :P
Old 6 May 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1907814)   #240
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno but i saw the offending door being taken back to the paddock on a mini-moto!!! No obvious damage from being assaulted so suspect the hnges may have failed ?
Old 6 May 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1907818)   #241
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great weekend of racing with PROPER cars. I thought the GT90's were fantastic, could really use some more entries, but a great start. Well done to anyone on here that may be involved.
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360, CTCRC Pre 93's
Old 6 May 2007, 17:41 (Ref:1907821)   #242
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
i've just uploaded a load to this adress http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=502648, but if you don't have myspace you can't see
i'll get about putting up URLs later.
any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated
thanks guys.

Last edited by minimangler; 6 May 2007 at 17:43.
Old 6 May 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1907824)   #243
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not sure about access unless you have a myspace account, but these are a few from this weekend.
If it won't work, i'll put all the urls up instead.
any feedback greatly appreciated!
thanks
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=502648
No access
Old 6 May 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1907828)   #244
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
No access
yeh, as i suspected.
i'll get the urls asap
Old 6 May 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1907858)   #246
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a good weekend, I'm still not sure about the GT90's and the GT4's they need more cars. The FIA GT race was good today, but race of the weekend for me had to be today's GT3 race it was a cracker.
Old 6 May 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1907862)   #247
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
Great day at the races - the FIA GTs are just awesome machines, plus the GT3 Championship is brilliant. Triple the size of the GT4 field (which could happen) and it's just as good. Shame that the 90's Revival was a bit of a let down but it's a seed that I'd love to see grow. Hope to do his all again next year.
Old 6 May 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1907889)   #248
greatracingcars
Rookie

greatracingcars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Dunno but i saw the offending door being taken back to the paddock on a mini-moto!!! No obvious damage from being assaulted so suspect the hnges may have failed ?
I saw the door lying behind the o/s tyre barrier half way along Hangar Straight
Old 6 May 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1907892)   #249
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I enjoyed it today. I agree about the 90's revival though, and it didn't help that four cars broke down on the first lap. I like watching some older stuff, but you know they won't be going for it as you know how valuable they are to their respective owners. The noise from the F40 was fantastic though. Anyone know what happened to it?

As for the main event, I think its great seeing and hearing the different approaches to getting the job done. The roar of the Corvettes, the banshee shrill of the Lambos. Its all good.

I tell you what though, retrieving the bonnet of the Corvette no. 19 on the exit of Club looked a bit hairy for the marshals during the 'main' event. Hats off to them!
Old 6 May 2007, 19:32 (Ref:1907896)   #250
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I've just been discussing this with my old man. We think it might have been something to do with a coming together with Corvette no. 19 at Club (resulting in bonnet loss mentioned above). From what I saw 3 cars got together and one of the Astons was involved we believe, but couldn't say for sure that it was this one.