Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3673512)   #226
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Audi's tank wasn't touched. The aco only changed Toyota's tank size. They had a legit argument that the diesel didn't rely on air restrictors as much as Toyota. So the change to Audi didn't effect them on speed.

Yes, you are correct. And it obviously had an effect on relative stint length, not speed
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3673513)   #227
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sarrazin again not going to close up on the car in front, should have put in Conway.
Same thought I had.

Not going to complain though ... for a change ... because the Toyota is there at the end and as quick as the others .... not there just by attrition.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:33 (Ref:3673515)   #228
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hate to say it but Di Grassi doesn't have enough of an edge, and Sarrazin is going backwards.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:35 (Ref:3673518)   #229
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Hate to say it but Di Grassi doesn't have enough of an edge, and Sarrazin is going backwards.
I think it's Di Grassi that's going backwards (to be expected on such old tyres), when I've looked at the times Sarrazin has been more or less matching Bernhard.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:36 (Ref:3673519)   #230
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
Yes, you are correct. And it obviously had an effect on relative stint length, not speed
Audi burned more diesel, went faster but dropped their stint length. Either formula is going to have issues.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:37 (Ref:3673520)   #231
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course the race is not complete without trouble for the Manor car
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:39 (Ref:3673524)   #232
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

They shouldn't. Audi must not be as efficient as they should be or something is wrong with the aco's math.

How did you come to conclusion? Is it in the regs?
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:50 (Ref:3673531)   #233
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
How did you come to conclusion? Is it in the regs?
ACO gave Audi a tiny boost after LM, so that's either them admitting they got the adjustments off, or the Audi isn't as efficient (relative) to the competition.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:56 (Ref:3673535)   #234
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A second diesel entry would probably fix that...
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:58 (Ref:3673536)   #235
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say it's the worst race of the season. Not much track action today.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 03:59 (Ref:3673537)   #236
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
#7 in the pits. Last lap splash and dash.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:00 (Ref:3673538)   #237
TF110
Veteran

United States
Not enough from Sarrazin and Toyota to get 2nd. Good to at least get a podium though.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:02 (Ref:3673539)   #238
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Well done Porsche, but that music needs to stop.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:02 (Ref:3673540)   #239
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Have to say it's the worst race of the season. Not much track action today.
yup, somewhat; life doesn't consist of all highlights though
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:04 (Ref:3673542)   #240
TF110
Veteran

United States
Something up with the #1?
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:05 (Ref:3673544)   #241
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
They probably want to make sure the #1 has enough fuel left in the tank. I'm guessing it was almost dry.

Seriously, that music...
Old 18 Sep 2016, 04:12 (Ref:3673548)   #242
TF110
Veteran

United States
So what's the points battle looking like now? #6 made up some ground, but not much. #1 is coming up quick as well.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 08:39 (Ref:3673597)   #243
bavila
Rookie

bavila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Explain to me why Audi always lose out on pit stops on range. If not for the FCY falling the way it did, things would've been fine. Or if the #7 Audi was able to go a few laps further. The ACO have known about this from day one, but refuse to do anything about it.

Either give Audi and Porsche equal range, close pit road under yellow, or make Fretias less trigger happy on the FCY button.

About done with watching this series. Up until then, Audi had done everything right. I wouldn't blame then for pulling out of the WEC.
Chernaudi, I didn't hear you complaining when Audi was the only LMP1 winner EVERY TIME OUT a few years ago. You know as well as everyone else that rules will change and it will benefit some and not benefit others. In the end, Audi's problems come from Audi themselves. Sorry you can't find anything else in this series to enjoy.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3673618)   #244
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It's post like that which really make me not enjoy posting on forums anymore, period.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3673689)   #245
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I understand the reason the Audi makes less on fuel. They can turn the power down for fuel saving if they want. That's fine, and it's no different to the Toyota and Porsche being a lap apart either. What is a very clear problem is that the Audi takes 6 seconds longer to put significantly less fuel in a car than the petrol cars. The range isn't really an issue, it's the fuel time. 6 seconds per stop means 36 seconds - well over the gap. The Audi fuel flow has to be slower since there is less fuel going into the car, but it should be equal, not slower.

I'm also a bit bored of the FCYs deciding races. The whole point in the FCY was to stop safety cars ruining the leaders races. So now instead of a gap being neutralised, you can actually have the gap reversed and 50 seconds in front goes to 50 seconds behind. We do have a Slow Zone rule, but they don't see to use them anymore.

On the plus side, thank god we finally seen some speed from Toyota. That was nice to see!
Old 18 Sep 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3673690)   #246
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavila View Post
Chernaudi, I didn't hear you complaining when Audi was the only LMP1 winner EVERY TIME OUT a few years ago. You know as well as everyone else that rules will change and it will benefit some and not benefit others. In the end, Audi's problems come from Audi themselves. Sorry you can't find anything else in this series to enjoy.
Can't agree that audi's problem (of losing the race) yesterday was their fault. The timing of the fcy was really unfortunate for them and I think most of us would agree that we don't like to see race victories determined by something like that. Chernaudi is correct in saying audi did everything right up to that point...I think the WEC should look at some ideas to avoid it happening again like closing the pits or a hold time before re-entry or something..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3673695)   #247
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Can't agree that audi's problem (of losing the race) yesterday was their fault. The timing of the fcy was really unfortunate for them and I think most of us would agree that we don't like to see race victories determined by something like that. Chernaudi is correct in saying audi did everything right up to that point...I think the WEC should look at some ideas to avoid it happening again like closing the pits or a hold time before re-entry or something..

They already have the slow zone system, which would minimize the effect.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3673696)   #248
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
It's not a slow zone, the entire track is fcy..and it gives an advantage to a team that pits during this time (compared to one that did so under green) as the rest of the field is crawling around at 35 mph or whatever the caution speed is....

Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3673699)   #249
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
It's not a slow zone, the entire track is fcy..and it gives an advantage to a team that pits during this time (compared to one that did so under green) as the rest of the field is crawling around at 35 mph or whatever the caution speed is....

Yes I know, and I agree with you. They have been using FCYs. What I'm saying is they DO have the slow zone regulations, which would minimise this problem. But they are choosing not to use this set of rules, and nobody knows why.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:24 (Ref:3673703)   #250
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Gotcha....saw your post on the wec thread, I see you and I agree on this..