Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Jul 2024, 04:40 (Ref:4220009)   #2476
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I've never even ridden a street bike before but somehow I know that's some flavor of Softtail. I think the 107ci is the little guy. I think the Screaming Eagle is 130ci. They are really cool but I would never ride one here.
My bike days are behind me now. Too many cars around now and drivers with zero / little awareness. Not to mention cars that think they can drive themselves!
Old 21 Jul 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4220124)   #2477
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another boring little French hatchback

Click image for larger version

Name:	Renault 4 GTL (1).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	80947

Click image for larger version

Name:	Renault 4 GTL (3).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	80948
Old 21 Jul 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4220128)   #2478
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
French like boring cars because they don't like cars! 8 millions and more of those made… When young I went to Cap nord with a three speed model. Could not complain I had no driving licence at this time (early 70s)!
Old 21 Jul 2024, 21:04 (Ref:4220169)   #2479
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Another boring little French hatchback

Attachment 80947

Attachment 80948
Nice. That would be fun to run around in.

I need to say something now that is original, insightful, and shows how amazing I am. Look how big that modern car is in comparison. Has anyone ever noticed that before?
Old 22 Jul 2024, 12:00 (Ref:4220247)   #2480
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I need to say something now that is original, insightful, and shows how amazing I am. Look how big that modern car is in comparison. Has anyone ever noticed that before?
Yeah, I see a decent number of MGs/Minis and weirdly a few various Morris, yeah no idea why they would do that either, and when they are in traffic they look like golf carts. Mom has lost any interest in fixing the Healy cause she wouldn't want to drive it now in actual traffic, getting an MX-5 instead last I heard. The Ford guys were being terrific asses about getting a Mustang Dark Horse convertible for her and trying to sell the on the lot coupe auto
Old 22 Jul 2024, 16:55 (Ref:4220286)   #2481
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

people have gotten larger i guess.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 17:24 (Ref:4220290)   #2482
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Six door truck. Had F250 badge on bonnet, but clearly not a pickup.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4220293)   #2483
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Mom has lost any interest in fixing the Healy cause she wouldn't want to drive it now in actual traffic, getting an MX-5 instead last I heard.
The little Mazda is a good choice imo, almost perfect mix of modernity and classic evocation. Last but not least, the chassis are just fantastic, from the early NA to the last ones. Perfect if you're not looking for a lot of -now rather useless- power.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4220294)   #2484
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This one - https://www.motor1.com/news/554592/s...f250-for-sale/ ?
Old 22 Jul 2024, 19:57 (Ref:4220298)   #2485
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The little Mazda is a good choice imo, almost perfect mix of modernity and classic evocation. Last but not least, the chassis are just fantastic, from the early NA to the last ones. Perfect if you're not looking for a lot of -now rather useless- power.
The mom's family has owned varieties of Austin Healy, MG, Triumph and then just cause Hilman and one Jag (that was short lived). Mom's mother always went Buick or Plymouth cause she saw Grandpa not always get where he was going

She's wanted a smaller manual convertible for years but had kids in the house from 78-2018. Had a 99 540 manual but it's well an older BMW so needs things
Old 22 Jul 2024, 19:58 (Ref:4220299)   #2486
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Now that's a Mormon Cadillac. That's what nicely equipped suburbans were called for years until they actual made a Cadillac. Then they all went to high hat Nissan or MB/Freightliner vans
Old 22 Jul 2024, 20:05 (Ref:4220301)   #2487
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wonder if more than one of these exists? The one I saw had different wheels than the one on Auction in your link, but that is an easy swap.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 00:24 (Ref:4220307)   #2488
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The MX5 is the best British sportscar ever made

As for not enough power, if you want you can give it more, but if you can drive you don’t need to. Don’t get me wrong more power is good, but it makes you lazy and a rubbish driver. A poor corner is easily compensated for with power.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 00:25 (Ref:4220308)   #2489
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
That’s not the kind of pickup I want.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 08:14 (Ref:4220327)   #2490
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Had a 99 540 manual but it's well an older BMW so needs things
E 39's never dye! OK, they do rust but a V8 pumping out almost 300 hp is a good way to entertain kids when going to school!
Old 23 Jul 2024, 21:01 (Ref:4220385)   #2491
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The MX5 is the best British sportscar ever made

As for not enough power, if you want you can give it more, but if you can drive you don’t need to. Don’t get me wrong more power is good, but it makes you lazy and a rubbish driver. A poor corner is easily compensated for with power.
That's exactly what the driver of a slow car would say.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 06:29 (Ref:4220421)   #2492
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
When we don't want to be rude, we say (pardon ly French) its a good car for a driving school.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 18:29 (Ref:4220482)   #2493
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Someone violated a square body

Old 24 Jul 2024, 18:35 (Ref:4220484)   #2494
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is just wrong.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4220490)   #2495
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
But…but…but… those are rims! More interesting, what is the red cabrio in the mirror? Probably a jap one?
Old 24 Jul 2024, 19:16 (Ref:4220491)   #2496
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Strange enough they all appear to be RHD in broad mirrors!!! Is this pictured in Cuba or Mexico?
Old 24 Jul 2024, 21:54 (Ref:4220497)   #2497
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
But…but…but… those are rims! More interesting, what is the red cabrio in the mirror? Probably a jap one?
I think that is the Fiat version of a Miata. So you get partial credit, yes Japanese, but new bodywork and motor.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 22:36 (Ref:4220503)   #2498
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I think that is the Fiat version of a Miata. So you get partial credit, yes Japanese, but new bodywork and motor.
That was my thought too based on the A pillar, the old Fiata
Old 25 Jul 2024, 00:12 (Ref:4220510)   #2499
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Pah.
Quote:
Another car someone would need lessons in.
Old 25 Jul 2024, 00:55 (Ref:4220513)   #2500
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Pah.
Another car someone would need lessons in.
Parking or driving, or yes?