Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4104913)   #2526
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the NACA ducts being referred to are those above the driver's name:

Yup, that's them AFAIK. Looks like someone pinched the windows off of a NASCAR car.
Old 30 Mar 2022, 19:40 (Ref:4104925)   #2527
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yup, that's them AFAIK. Looks like someone pinched the windows off of a NASCAR car.
don't you know that's WSR secret development for extra speed, if the other teams find out they will all copy it
Old 30 Mar 2022, 20:09 (Ref:4104926)   #2528
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
WSR, most professional team on the grid to have the foresight to change [...] the bonnet and rear side windows
It seems like they were evaluating options.

Jelley had NACA ducts and louvres, Hill louvres only and Turkington no ducts at all.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 07:09 (Ref:4104948)   #2529
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They've been present since the start of NGTC in different forms. I remember the Audi A4s having them.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4104950)   #2530
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
...WSR secret development for extra speed...
I didn't realise it was secret. I thought everybody knew it was the big Irish bit that holds on to the round turnaroundy bit!
Old 31 Mar 2022, 09:17 (Ref:4104953)   #2531
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
They've been present since the start of NGTC in different forms. I remember the Audi A4s having them.
I wonder if some of it comes down to driver preference?

Looking at the Audi A4s, a quick search of images shows vents being in place for when Abbott was driving the car, but not always when Austin was behind the wheel.

The 1-series was another case - Jelley regularly had some form of venting, but not Turkington as often (likewise with the 330e).

Other cars have had rear-side vents at one point:

It seems to be a more common feature on the longer cars through the years - being seen regularly on the Insignia, VW CC and Avensis. Perhaps it is better suited (or less impactful) on a longer car?

I'm not sure it's really a note to admire in WSR though - just a recognition that they are trying things during testing that have been seen on cars since at least 2014.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4104954)   #2532
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So then (those of you ‘in the know’) are we still of the opinion that there are 3 seats yet to be filled? Or have deals been done?

Last edited by Millvi; 31 Mar 2022 at 10:05.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 10:05 (Ref:4104955)   #2533
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
So then (those of you ‘in the know’) are we still of the opinion that there are 3 seats yet to be filled? Or have deals been done?
Very careful wording was used with regards to the presence of Plato and Collard the other day I noted.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4104956)   #2534
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
IF - the '3 seats not signed' was an accurate statement when first made, then deals have been done for at least one of them.

However - as to be expected - some scrutiny on the claim:

6 Feb 22 - 02:46
'Only 3 seats on the grid haven’t been filled yet, and at least one of those is very close to being filled.'

6 Feb 22 - 11:35
'The only 3 not yet signed are 1 at Speedworks and 2 at BTC.'

Which means that, if the statement was accurate at the time of writing:
A Dynamics seat was signed, but is now unsigned (TBL returned).
One BTC seat is unsigned (only one TBL returned).
All Speedworks seats are now signed (one TBL returned).

Or alternatively - some of the seats that were signed are now unsigned, others that were unsigned are now signed, some signed seats have changed, some unsigned seats have been returned.

The only thing we can be certain of - once a seat is signed and publicised, it is confirmed up to the point that the entry is withdrawn. Anything else is speculation in the public domain (even if behind the scenes the details are known).
Old 31 Mar 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4104957)   #2535
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Neal will be back driving in 2022.
Which Neal, and in which series?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4104959)   #2536
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Are we still going on about these so called 3 sear being filled it’s getting rather boring now
Old 31 Mar 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4104961)   #2537
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Are we still going on about these so called 3 sear being filled it’s getting rather boring now
Why is it ‘boring’? This entire thread is dedicated to 2022 discussion and rumours!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 31 Mar 2022, 11:33 (Ref:4104965)   #2538
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if some of it comes down to driver preference?

Looking at the Audi A4s, a quick search of images shows vents being in place for when Abbott was driving the car, but not always when Austin was behind the wheel.

The 1-series was another case - Jelley regularly had some form of venting, but not Turkington as often (likewise with the 330e).

Other cars have had rear-side vents at one point:

It seems to be a more common feature on the longer cars through the years - being seen regularly on the Insignia, VW CC and Avensis. Perhaps it is better suited (or less impactful) on a longer car?

I'm not sure it's really a note to admire in WSR though - just a recognition that they are trying things during testing that have been seen on cars since at least 2014.
Is it maybe because the cars do not have a conventional ventilation system due to the front end of the road car being completely removed? Therefore they introduce air via the rear windows?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 12:04 (Ref:4104966)   #2539
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Is it maybe because the cars do not have a conventional ventilation system due to the front end of the road car being completely removed? Therefore they introduce air via the rear windows?
Quite possibly so. There have been many variations of vents over the years, including window, roof and through-the-bulkhead ducting.

In testing, I would expect to see a number of options being considered, and potentially through the season too as weather conditions fluctuate.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4104968)   #2540
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Or alternatively - some of the seats that were signed are now unsigned, others that were unsigned are now signed, some signed seats have changed, some unsigned seats have been returned.
I never had Sir Humphrey Appleby down as a motorsport enthusiast!
Old 31 Mar 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4104972)   #2541
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why is it ‘boring’? This entire thread is dedicated to 2022 discussion and rumours!?!?!?!?!?!
What is boring is statements of fact being posted as fact when clearly they are not and then the poster getting stuck into anyone who dares to question them....
Old 31 Mar 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4104975)   #2542
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I never had Sir Humphrey Appleby down as a motorsport enthusiast!
i was gonna say "or armando iannucci" but there's not enough swears in it
Old 31 Mar 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4104979)   #2543
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As 3 TBLs were handed back, it was true that 3 seats were unsigned
Old 31 Mar 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4104980)   #2544
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Ah, but were they the same 3 seats?

Old 31 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4104982)   #2545
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
So by that thinking every other seat was sorted back when the great proclamation was made 2-3 months ago which would seem to be at best Fantasy By any measure there are still 4 seats available today

Last edited by billy bleach; 31 Mar 2022 at 14:33.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4104984)   #2546
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regards to the vents, I did notice throughout the 5 BMW’s competing at the final round that not all we’re running vents and not exclusive to team, I.e not specific but C.T or Morgan were running vents whereas Jelley and Chilton weren’t. I thought maybe it was car age specific up to that point until realising both Cicely cars were different.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 15:17 (Ref:4104993)   #2547
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Did anyone mention that Bert has announced he didn't get a licence for this year and is looking at 2023?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4104995)   #2548
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Did anyone mention that Bert has announced he didn't get a licence for this year and is looking at 2023?
Oh really?
Old 31 Mar 2022, 16:10 (Ref:4105000)   #2549
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Oh really?
Yes on his Taylor Racing Facebook group. 2 days ago.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4105007)   #2550
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a shame he didn't stay with BTC, but it's in decent hands now, although there are still a few unknowns to combat this year